What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

S. Davis is TERRIBLE! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the entertainment. This was one of the most hilarious posts, I've read to date.For the record, I'm a Davis owner and advocate. I think Foster has the look of a gifted runner. But, that does not mean it will ever translate into fantasy success (e.g. - KiJana Carter, Rashaan Salaam, Lawrence Phillips).Stephen Davis, may look and run very "average" (i.e - he doesn't run like Portis). But, the combination of Davis' strength, durability, drive, intelligence, and situation (#1 RB in a run-at-all-costs offense on a winning team) create a perfect formula for fantasy stardom.Foster may look like the flashier runner, but he may never get the opportunity to become a fantasy star. His knack for getting injured and fumbling costs him valuable playing time. RB's only last an average of 3-4 years in the league anyway. Time is wasting away for Foster to actually do anything. By the time, Foster actually puts it all together and makes it to #1 on the depth chart, another rookie RB (with lots of upside and no baggage) could be drafted to replace him.You keep Foster, I'll keep Davis and we'll see who is smiling at year's end. Drink up! :banned:Edited to get my smiley to appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember right RKade's original point was not that S. Davis sucks, but that DFoster is moving closer to starter status in FFL. A bit overzealous perhaps in his attempts to make us all believe him, but a good thread with FF value nonetheless. I don't know ppl here well enough to rate their opinions but I do read everyone's posts (in threads that interest me) and take everything I read with a grain of salt.One piece of advice I have learned the hard way; make decisions based on what you *see*, not what the coaches *say*. I got burned earlier this season by Mike Tice talking up the SOD (100yds, very involved, yadda yadda yadda). I benched moe. Williams in favor of E. Smith (hmmm, he's going back to Dallas...should have a good game). I don't have to mention the outcome of that decision (although I will say I could be 7-1 instead of 6-2).Now, RKade based his thread on coach-speak by John Fox. What have we actually seen? Foster's had exactly 5 carries in 2 games since Fox warned the league of his "two headed monster". When you actually see production from Foster, then consider him as a potential starter.And never forget - NFL is a business. Davis was a high profile, big money free agent signing. Foster is a rookie coming off knee surgery. Which one do you think the owner wants carrying his team? Unless they start losing......

Which is it guys? 1. Laugh at my posting saying I am wrong.2. Now that I am currently right, I didn't post it EARLY enough. :wacko:
You bragged that you predicted Jamal Lewis to be "the best" RB in the league before the season started. a) You actually said this after his week 2 explosion - not exactly going out on a limb there.b) You are not currently right, you're wrong - Priest Holmes is the leagues leading RB in total yards.Perhaps by "the best" RB you meant strictly in terms of rushing yards (977)? Okay, in that case your favorite player, Stephen Davis, would be the second best RB in the league (839) ;) Well, which is it?

I love how Rkade hasn't owned up to any of his bs here. He keeps deflecting it & trying to change the subject. Be a man. Admit you were wrong. Otherwise nobody will ever listen to you again (not that anybody does anyway!).

Oct 26 Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (shoulder) appeared to have suffered a banged up shoulder during an overtime win Sunday, Oct. 26, against the New Orleans Saints. He left the game during OT after breaking a long run and coming down hard on his shoulder. Anymore news on this? ;)
Rkade:Glad to see you in the thread. I see you're up to your old hijinks (although I haven't seen you bring out the big red font, though... why not?)Anyway, Foster has value if Davis goes down. But so do many of the backup backs in the league (ask Mr. Arlen Harris about that one). Barring injury, though, Davis is clearly the top dog in Carolina, not to mention an MVP candidate.About your suggestion of injury to Davis... Check out the following link, scroll to the bottom of the story.http://panthers.theinsiders.com/2/194694.html-A

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say Priest Holmes is really good. I meant to post this at the beginning of last year but it's still pretty obvious that I am a master at predictions. Wouldn't you say rkade? ;)

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say Priest Holmes is really good. I meant to post this at the beginning of last year but it's still pretty obvious that I am a master at predictions. Wouldn't you say rkade? ;)
:rotflmao:

:rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

again, where did I say that DAVIS WAS TERRIBLE guys? Come one, I'll gladly eat crow if you can find it.

If you made that comment at the first of the year and people said you were nuts then sure!

I love how Rkade hasn't owned up to any of his bs here. He keeps deflecting it & trying to change the subject. Be a man. Admit you were wrong. Otherwise nobody will ever listen to you again (not that anybody does anyway!).
Like what? JLewis is the best back? Foster is a stud who should get more opps? Please, again, back it up.Note: Most people who rip me, I have noticed they have never been 100% right as well so.... :)

If I remember right RKade's original point was not that S. Davis sucks, but that DFoster is moving closer to starter status in FFL. A bit overzealous perhaps in his attempts to make us all believe him, but a good thread with FF value nonetheless. I don't know ppl here well enough to rate their opinions but I do read everyone's posts (in threads that interest me) and take everything I read with a grain of salt.One piece of advice I have learned the hard way; make decisions based on what you *see*, not what the coaches *say*. I got burned earlier this season by Mike Tice talking up the SOD (100yds, very involved, yadda yadda yadda). I benched moe. Williams in favor of E. Smith (hmmm, he's going back to Dallas...should have a good game). I don't have to mention the outcome of that decision (although I will say I could be 7-1 instead of 6-2).Now, RKade based his thread on coach-speak by John Fox. What have we actually seen? Foster's had exactly 5 carries in 2 games since Fox warned the league of his "two headed monster". When you actually see production from Foster, then consider him as a potential starter.And never forget - NFL is a business. Davis was a high profile, big money free agent signing. Foster is a rookie coming off knee surgery. Which one do you think the owner wants carrying his team? Unless they start losing......
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Finally one person HERE who actually read what I wrote! Just because I was a bit overzealous doesn't make me a criminal.Edit: thanks for the advice but the reason I am soooo high on Foster is because I have seen him play.

Hey Rkade you make some good points on JLew and Davis but one that you are way off is in saying that JLew has an easier schedule than Davis. Are you watching all the games and following all the teams to make that comment? Davis has by far the easiest schedule. The only team that appears formidable is Tampa and we all know what Davis has done to them already. Also Tampa isn't as great as previously thought and they will be hurting with Kelly and possibly Lynch out for the Carolina tilt. Davis is gonna light up Houston,Philly,Atlanta,Zona, and Detroit. Dallas and Washington have some big names on Defense but neither of those offenses control the ball well or put fear into Defenses. Carolinas def will hold Wash and Dal O's in check and pound them with S. Davis. Now let us look at JLew's schedule. JLew is gonna light up Jax and Oaktown and of those 2 only Jax looks like the gimme. We knoe Cleveland gave up the rushing record but I don't believe they will get embarassed like that again. The next 5 games after Jax include formidable defenses. People are once again pimping the St. Louis offense but their defense is quietly playing great defense and St. Louis is gonna be up very high in this game. Next up is the Miami D. These guys are great and I belive they have the personnel to shut down Lewis. After that you get Seattle, San Fran, and Cinci. Those 3 teams are pretty good defensively and JLew will have to work hard to get his usual stats for those 3 teams. By no means am I saying that JLew is gonna suck down the stretch but his schedule is way more tougher than Davis'. One more point of contention that I have with you is that you keep stating that Davis is not durable and hasn't completed certain seasons. Since when is JLew the model of consistency? As I recall he's had a couple of surgeries on both his knees. He has missed entire seasons from both the pro and college games. Foster is also not very durable. He was a highly talented back in college but he was not durable and fumbled a lot. Give Foster the same amount of carries Davis gets and he will fumble his way back to 2nd string. I hope Foster does well as I liked him in college and in no way to I wish tragedy for any player but I just wanted to point out some disagreements I had with you.

4. Davis hasn't finished a full season since 2001, if history means anything....
Ok, this line cracks me up. Its like saying the Lakers havent won the NBA title since the 2001-2002 season. :eek:

4. Davis hasn't finished a full season since 2001, if history means anything....
Ok, this line cracks me up. Its like saying the Lakers havent won the NBA title since the 2001-2002 season. :eek:
And it's like saying that when you're trying to make a case for the Nuggets. JLew hasn't exactly been an ironman.

Just because I was a bit overzealous doesn't make me a criminal.
No one here calling you a criminal.Just calling you out for what you posted a couple of weeks ago. Your:(a) post volume: every time I looked at the board, more from you on the s-a-m-e t-i-r-e-d s-u-b-j-e-c-t(b) style: big red font© content: backup RB better than a league MVP candidatewere annoying. They still are. Posting over and over again about how great some player is simply because you picked him up off the wire is the definition of guppyhood.-A

and it's just another example of a comment Kade will make here yet have no clue why he gets ripped for it.

Somewhat in his defense, RKade doesn't think Davis sucks only that Foster is better. First, there is no empirical eveidence to back this up. Davis' career stats toatlly dwarf Fosters. Second, coaches are paid to win; thus, they will start the best player every time - except when injury or discipline is involved.Bottom line: If Foster was better, he would start.

Somewhat in his defense, RKade doesn't think Davis sucks only that Foster is better.
Yeah, I remember RKade making a much worse prediction. Maybe it's been brought up before, but he predicted Ahman Green would be injury plagued all year and finish with much less than 1,000 yards (forget the exact number) and 2 or 3 TDs.Or maybe he was just making a prediction for Green's opener :D Sorry, I just had to stir the pot some more :bag:

Somewhat in his defense, RKade doesn't think Davis sucks only that Foster is better. First, there is no empirical eveidence to back this up. Davis' career stats toatlly dwarf Fosters. Second, coaches are paid to win; thus, they will start the best player every time - except when injury or discipline is involved.Bottom line: If Foster was better, he would start.
Not really because I think both Rookie RBs are better than Mack for the Texans but that didn't mean squat when Mack started this year. Sometimes, players start because of salary or the coaches are their boys.Sort of reminds me of last year with WGreen who Davis HAD to start because he was 'his boy' though White played so much better.Right?Note: I am hell bent on keeping this at the top of the board with RKADE in the subject line. Next stop, selling my ffb script to Hollywood!

Not really because I think both Rookie RBs are better than Mack for the Texans but that didn't mean squat when Mack started this year. Sometimes, players start because of salary or the coaches are their boys.Sort of reminds me of last year with WGreen who Davis HAD to start because he was 'his boy' though White played so much better.Right?Note: I am hell bent on keeping this at the top of the board with RKADE in the subject line. Next stop, selling my ffb script to Hollywood!
I see you got Teyo now.. I bet your a big supporter of him.. ;)

Yeah, I remember RKade making a much worse prediction. Maybe it's been brought up before, but he predicted Ahman Green would be injury plagued all year and finish with much less than 1,000 yards (forget the exact number) and 2 or 3 TDs.Or maybe he was just making a prediction for Green's opener :D Sorry, I just had to stir the pot some more :bag:
Really? Where did I say that AGreen with 2 or 3 TDs? I admit that so far I was wrong on AGreen but lets not skew the truth here, ok? :) Do a search, here is one of a few thoughts I said about AGreen after his solid season to date:http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...37635&hl=agreen

I see you got Teyo now.. I bet your a big supporter of him.. ;)
Well, funny that you say that because many people here (including myself) were very interested about Teyo and his talent. The question was that he probably wouldn't see the field though with Jolley getting benched you have to love this kid even more...plus he seems to have worked on 2nd team a lot with Marksalot that it's tough not to pick him up. Other options were Mili and Graham but wanted to blow my waiver spot on DHall and took a chance that Teyo would not be picked up (other TE were).

Really? Where did I say that AGreen with 2 or 3 TDs? I admit that so far I was wrong on AGreen but lets not skew the truth here, ok? :)

Do a search
OK :D P.O.D. - Tues, July 15 - RB Ahman Green, GB

IMO I believe he will be the biggest bust in terms of where his projections are on average and where he will end up producing. His tude isn't to be desired and his injuries will end up being his downfall. By the first month of the season he will be injured and not able to play, making him the #1 "Why did I draft him at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd round" message. BUST of the year IMO.

41 carries / 128 yrds / 2 TD w/ major knee (legg) injury.

This post has been edited by RKade on Jul 15 2003, 10:31 AM
Yeah, he DID do all that in one game (except for the 41 carries) :lol:

Really? Where did I say that AGreen with 2 or 3 TDs? I admit that so far I was wrong on AGreen but lets not skew the truth here, ok?  :)

Do a search

IMO I believe he will be the biggest bust in terms of where his projections are on average and where he will end up producing. His tude isn't to be desired and his injuries will end up being his downfall. By the first month of the season he will be injured and not able to play, making him the #1 "Why did I draft him at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd round" message. BUST of the year IMO.

Checkmate.. :thumbup: Now the question is WHY you traded him and who did you get James??

Really? Where did I say that AGreen with 2 or 3 TDs? I admit that so far I was wrong on AGreen but lets not skew the truth here, ok?  :)

Do a search

got me, my prediction failed thanks for at least looking up my post! :)

Do a search

Checkmate.. :thumbup: Now the question is WHY you traded him and who did you get James??
Drafted Edge late first round because I knew JLewis would last in the second round. Still like Edge though going forward. The main thing is that I am in first and coasting so far :thumbup:

Do a search

Drafted Edge late first round because I knew JLewis would last in the second round. Still like Edge though going forward. The main thing is that I am in first and coasting so far :thumbup:
No your post says you drafted Green.. I was wondering why you traded him..

Do a search

by the way, since YOU have never made a prediction that didn't work out, please let me know who will win this week's games so I can make some $$$$$ :)

Damn, this is entertaining.Hey Kade, are you still pimping Tony Hollings too?
Sure thing, aren't you? :yes: Speaking of pimp, everyone keep this thread at the top. I'll take the occasional 'incorrect' prediction if that means that the majority come out correct. Maybe that's why my $$ fb predictions have kept my wallet fat. :yes: Note: Remember to pimp my JLewis is king post. Talk about a steal I got in the second! :thumbup:

Sure thing, aren't you? :yes: Speaking of pimp, everyone keep this thread at the top. I'll take the occasional 'incorrect' prediction if that means that the majority come out correct. Maybe that's why my $$ fb predictions have kept my wallet fat. :yes: Note: Remember to pimp my JLewis is king post. Talk about a steal I got in the second! :thumbup:
Hey how come as a Houston homer you don't have Davis??? I thought you would of had inside info on Mack going to suck.. :)

Pimp a few more that I picked up :DHall -- more opps in the offensePorter -- watch this guy explode going forwardIf for some insane reason these guys are in FA land (shouldn't by now) and you get pts for receptions, pick these guys up!!!!

Hey how come as a Houston homer you don't have Davis??? I thought you would of had inside info on Mack going to suck.. :)
Being the only person from Texas in my NY $$ league, I thought I could have snatched him up off free agent land. To my surprise, he was snatched up Sept 17th while I had nobody I could drop at the time. :rant: Then again, I'm in first and he is in fourth. :yes:

All this self edifying chest beating is a reason I decided to become (remain) a guppy. Why hasn't Bristol responded to this "call for obnoxiousness"? Doesn't he realize that Domanick Davis has been mentioned in a flattering light at least once in this thread???

It wasn't an hour late for me. I just tuned in for this suck fest. I encourage everyone to quit bumping this P.O.S. thread now; Rkade is enjoying his moment in the spotlight too much.

It wasn't an hour late for me. I just tuned in for this suck fest. I encourage everyone to quit bumping this P.O.S. thread now; Rkade is enjoying his moment in the spotlight too much.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Hey, even the best are wrong some of the time. :excited:

Speaking of pimp, everyone keep this thread at the top. I'll take the occasional 'incorrect' prediction if that means that the majority come out correct. Maybe that's why my $$ fb predictions have kept my wallet fat. :yes: Note: Remember to pimp my JLewis is king post. Talk about a steal I got in the second! :thumbup:
per your request:
Posted: RKade Sep 24 2003, 05:07 PM1. JLewis will win the rushing AND FF pts title then Ricky then SDavis in rushing yards2. ROY easily won by AJohnson3. Henry/AGreen/Portis/Priest will miss multiple games due to injury4. MHarrison will only have 5 TD's for the year 5. Faulk won't regain his starting spot 6. Coles will end up the highest rated WR
Please stop pimping yourself as a FF expert, or at the very least use your #1 WW pick this week on some humility. By the way, why do you keep patting yourself on the back for picking Jamal Lewis in the second round? :confused:

Speaking of pimp, everyone keep this thread at the top. I'll take the occasional 'incorrect' prediction if that means that the majority come out correct. Maybe that's why my $$ fb predictions have kept my wallet fat. :yes: Note: Remember to pimp my JLewis is king post. Talk about a steal I got in the second! :thumbup:
per your request:
Posted: RKade Sep 24 2003, 05:07 PM1. JLewis will win the rushing AND FF pts title then Ricky then SDavis in rushing yards2. ROY easily won by AJohnson3. Henry/AGreen/Portis/Priest will miss multiple games due to injury4. MHarrison will only have 5 TD's for the year  5. Faulk won't regain his starting spot  6. Coles will end up the highest rated WR
Please stop pimping yourself as a FF expert, or at the very least use your #1 WW pick this week on some humility. By the way, why do you keep patting yourself on the back for picking Jamal Lewis in the second round? :confused:
hook line and sinker continues, this is too easy. :yes:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Hey, even the best are wrong some of the time. :excited:
Posted: RKade Jul 3 2003, 12:35 PMhere are my top 5 RB that will not only explode but can also be had for much lower than the other questionable RBs mentioned above:1. Henry2. Barlow3. Michael Bennett4. Trung Canidate5. Tiki Barber

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: Hey, even the best are wrong some of the time.  :excited:
Sometimes??? ;)
;) By the way, please tell your team to throw to Teyo and Porter this weekend ok?
Porter will be very involved this week. He is the best WR of the bunch now. Teyo I am not so sure this week he will be very involved. This is a Garner/Porter/Tui week for sure..

I read a lot of the stuff Rkade said about Foster vs. Davis because I loved everyones rebuttal. Davis is a stud and I was thinking of starting a topic to see what Rkade would be saying now, but someone beat me to it. Anyways Davis has been my MVP so far this year and I am glad to have someone of his calibre on my team. I can almost guarantee Davis will score double digits and probably surpass his career in total yards.
1000th time, never said DAVIS sucked. In fact on one posting I did say he would end up finishing third amongst RBs.Finally, he was my main rb stud on the $15k contest which sadly I was just eliminated from. :( This Shark Pool is great because everyone has made incorrect predictions but some love to tell other's how wrong they are meanwhile they have done the same thing or never made any predictions themselves.If I had won a $$ league once you could say I am lucky but more than once and currently alone in first in my picks against the spread pool shows I do have skillz. Not to brag or anything.... :) 1.Do I make excellent draft picks? Sure2. Do I make terrible draft picks? Yes3. Do I not pick up some players off FA who end up playing great because of a host of reasons? Yes4. Do I pick up players off FA who end up playing great? Yes5. Do I make excellent trades? Yes6. Do I make terrible trades? So far, no (thankfully)What I have done is had way more #1/4/5 than #2/3/6 so I will take that to the bank.Did I just jinx myself? :shock:

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: Hey, even the best are wrong some of the time.  :excited:
Sometimes??? ;)
;) By the way, please tell your team to throw to Teyo and Porter this weekend ok?
Porter will be very involved this week. He is the best WR of the bunch now. Teyo I am not so sure this week he will be very involved. This is a Garner/Porter/Tui week for sure..
Agree 100% with you on Porter and so happy a WR starved team dropped him early in the year. He will come in very handy starting this Sunday through end of year. Just hope that Tui and Teyo's good chemistry will translate to something more than squat of what I have been getting ALL year at the TE position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread