What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

S. Davis is TERRIBLE! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adog

Footballguy
Wow, a couple of weeks ago, this board was inundated with posts by RKADE and others proclaiming S Davis to be old and washed up, and D Foster to be the savior.How's starting D Foster as your flex working out for you, RKADE? :rotflmao:

195 yards from scrimage and 2 TDs.Man, this guy is old and slow. They should definitely bench him.

Foster had 3 carries today, up 50% from last week. Davis owners should dump him now. :rotflmao: <----sarcasm

there is nothing better than putting your nuts out on the line on these boards and having it thrown right back in your face. if you have a sense of humor and dont take yourself too seriously...it makes for a lot of amusement and laughs.just meander on down to the FFA if the Trojans suffer another loss this year.

If you read RKADE's posts on the subject of Davis and Foster, you may notice how he loves to use large, red font for emphasis. I love that technique -- it really helps one's arguments. :sarcasm:

Here is my favorite RKADE post on the Davis/Foster subject; I used his large/red font technique for special emphasis of the most important parts:

"For people who haven't watched any Carolina games and/or have Davis but not Foster as their backup, you exepect to shrug off Foster's increbible talents and the fact how much better he is as a RB on natural talent (which can be debated on what that means of him being a better RB). You watch the game yesterday and you would have to be a complete IDIOT of a coach to not put him in for a good number of plays, any of them he can score on.

For the people who can pick up Foster and/or don't have Davis, you value him even more.

That said, I agree with fanball on this one, got to see at the earliest on Wednesday about Davis status. What you can't argue about this is that TEN will hit and hit often on that sore wrist, either to break it or cause fumbles (the reason he was finally benched by the way). That said, Foster and I can't stress this enough from his college days to his first run in preseason last year, he is an explosive, long TD threat kind of RB and can hit. Davis is a pound em out RB but doesn't have the explosive outrun the defense kind of power."

http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...nd,foster&st=35

Last edited by a moderator:
They are just pimpers. You need to read the ones that know their #### and the ones twisting stories to appear different. it's almost as if they think if they get enough followers it will happen.. I have my Pimpers. I enjoy laughing at their posts.. :brush:

195 yards from scrimage and 2 TDs.Man, this guy is old and slow. They should definitely bench him.
i traded for him this past off season, back in March. only gave up J.Smith and a 1st round pick :P ;) :lol: :) :yes: :excited: :thumbup: :rotflmao: he is one of the reasons i am 8-0

I've said it a couple of times now, Davis was a big FA signing in the off-season. As long as they are winning and SD's productive, there's no way he rides the pine for more than a series or two per game (unless he's hurt) no matter how good DFoster looks.

RKade and his red emphasis posts are permanently on my Do Not Read list. Strictly Amateurville. :D As for Stephen :thumbup: Davis? I love having this guy.

They are just pimpers. You need to read the ones that know their #### and the ones twisting stories to appear different. it's almost as if they think if they get enough followers it will happen.. I have my Pimpers. I enjoy laughing at their posts.. :brush:
Pimpers really hurt the quality and credibility of the messageboard. :thumbdown:

Everyone that has stephen davis is an idiot. I say this only because I missed getting him in the draft. I had talked a guy into dropping him as a keeper (3 player keeper league) by telling him that he'd have a better chance with W. Green, D. Mcnabb, and W. Green and the guy right before me picked him up and dropped. To add insult to injury I had traded P. Holmes for Faulk thinking I would wind up with A. Green, S. Davis, and M. Faulk. I'm still not disappointed because i've got great WR depth and it has helped me stay afloat with Faulk out. So I repeat please don't talk about how great S. Davis is. It makes people like me wish they had actually managed to pick him up.Editors note: For some reason my Giant red type doesn't work. :wall:

RKADE, where are you?!?!?!

Comments please....We have a nice big plate of steamin hot crow for you to start munchin on....

Oh, and who else should I stay away from??? I may need to see if they are on the WW or can be procured cheaply from another owner in my league....

I know this post is simply a bump, but I thought I would dress it up a little!! :yes:

Comments please....We have a nice big plate of steamin hot crow for you to start munchin on....

Oh, and who else should I stay away from??? I may need to see if they are on the WW or can be procured cheaply from another owner in my league....

I know this post is simply a bump, but I thought I would dress it up a little!! :yes:
Just look at his Sig and you'll know who is next. ;)

Yeah, I wonder where he is, too. He posted in this thread this morning:http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...=ST&f=2&t=43981

Anyway, I need some waiver wire advice this week. I hope I can count on RKADE to pick someone up and PROMOTE him on this board, soon.

Just for Shins and Gurgles I went back to the POD on SDavis. Here's the link:

SDavis POD

Notice a little preseason pimp-work by yours truly.

Some interesting tidbits:

"16 games started, 350 car, 1360 rush yards, 18 TDs, 175 receiving yards, 1 TD

1535 total yards; 19 total TDs"

AND (rushing yardage/TD):

"vs Jaguars - could get near 100 yds in his home opener and probably gets 2 short TDs

@ Bucs - probably a regression to around 50 yds, maybe a short TD.

vs Falcons 9/28 - they got blown out by the Panthers last year twice - let's say he goes 40 yds/0TDs

vs Saints 10/5 - played these guys tough - 85 yds/1 TD possible

@ Colts 10/12 - 85/2

vs Titans 10/19 - 65/0

@ Saints 10/26 - 65/1

@ Texans 11/2 - could go off against these guys - 100/2

vs Bucs 11/9 - this time, at home, let's give him the same numbers 50/1 short one

vs Redskins 11/16 - probable shoot-out at home, but I'll go conservative again and say 85/1

@ Cowboys 11/23 - again 85/1

vs Eagles 11/30 - great D, I'll give him Atl. numbers 40/0

@ Falcons 12/7 - maybe a shutout 40/0 again

@ Cardinals 12/14 - goes off - 125/2

vs Lions 12/21 - home game with over.500 season on line - 125/2

@ Giants 12/28 - tough game - 55/1"

Actual, so far:

Jax: 111/0

TB: 142/0

Atl: 153/1

NO: 159/1

Ind: 76/1

Tenn: 20/0

NO: 178/2

I think I was a little conservative on his yardage in the early part of the season, and he will likely well excee my predicted yardage numbers. He is only one off the pace from the TD numbers I had predicted.

there is nothing better than putting your nuts out on the line on these boards and having it thrown right back in your face. if you have a sense of humor and dont take yourself too seriously...it makes for a lot of amusement and laughs.just meander on down to the FFA if the Trojans suffer another loss this year.
Yea, and you are the pro at that aren't you? :yes: Someone said it best about Davis:Davis was a backup RB for three years before getting the job by default.He's only had one phenomenal year - 1400+/17TDOnly one season has he started 16 gamesHe hasn't scored double-digit TDs in 3 yearsHe's not as talented as Foster. Nowhere near a talented as Foster.I can understand you are a Davis fan, but Foster is the better RB talent-wise.That said, he isn't terrible but to say that Foster isn't good is someone who never watches football.I have to say though that the guy in my league who has SDavis is STILL trying to pry away Foster.Fox didn't use him as much but look at the small amount of carries and his YPC is. Where did I say he sucked?Edit: I also said that JLewis at the start of the year will be the best and nobody believed me, right fucua?

Wow, a couple of weeks ago, this board was inundated with posts by RKADE and others proclaiming S Davis to be old and washed up, and D Foster to be the savior.How's starting D Foster as your flex working out for you, RKADE? :rotflmao:
Did you really read all of my many posts on this subject or just pull things blindly out of your ####? :)

Oh, and who else should I stay away from???  I may need to see if they are on the WW or can be procured cheaply from another owner in my league....

I know this post is simply a bump, but I thought I would dress it up a little!!  :yes:
Yeah, I wonder where he is, too. He posted in this thread this morning:http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...=ST&f=2&t=43981

Anyway, I need some waiver wire advice this week. I hope I can count on RKADE to pick someone up and PROMOTE him on this board, soon.
Actually had to work today, what player do you want to pick up and again, don't count out Foster my friend.And to all those who care, I won this week with one of the highest scores regardless of Zero.

Edge while not used that much and didn't score, wasn't shabby. Where are THOSE bashers now?

RKade and his red emphasis posts are permanently on my Do Not Read list. Strictly Amateurville. :D As for Stephen :thumbup: Davis? I love having this guy.
Hey, if you ever said something on here that showed you knew an ounce of football, that would really hurt. Think you and Yao would make great friends. :yes:

He's only had one phenomenal year - 1400+/17TDOnly one season has he started 16 gamesHe hasn't scored double-digit TDs in 3 yearsHe's not as talented as Foster. Nowhere near a talented as Foster.
:wall: :rolleyes: "He hasn't scored double-digit TDs in 3 years"Let me re-write that for you "Davis has not scored in double digits for the last two seasons BUT he is on pace to reach double digits this year. However, I RKade have shown that I don't believe in facts only my whacked football perceptions including that Ahman Green is injury prone."

Uh-oh. A thread with both RKade and TheFanatic, two people who regularly act inappropriately and belittle others.I'm gone -- and I'd advise anyone else with a brain to follow me. :thumbdown:

Edit: I also said that JLewis at the start of the year will be the best and nobody believed me, right fucua?
to be honest...i didnt hang out much in the tank before the season started or even a few weeks into the season. i will take your word for it. the only notable thread i remember about Jamal Lewis was the one the week he broke the record and I think H.K. was involved in it.

Davis was a backup RB for three years before getting the job by default.
What are you implying? that no stud RB ever spent time as a back-up?
He's only had one phenomenal year - 1400+/17TD
He's scored more rushing TDs than Ricky Williams - and they both became starters the same year.
Only one season has he started 16 games
He's missed 7 starts in 5 straight seasons as a starter. How's that for durability? Want me to list the starting RBs who have missed more than that in the same span? Oh yah, Foster is a model of durability, even going back to UCLA :rolleyes:
I can understand you are a Davis fan, but Foster is the better RB talent-wise.
If so, why is his ypc lower than Davis? If so why did his back-up at UCLA (Foster only got 60% of the carries there btw) have almost the same ypc as Foster? I'd like to hear in your own words why you hold this opinion.
Edit: I also said that JLewis at the start of the year will be the best and nobody believed me, right fucua?
No, I went back and checked...you said this after his week 2 blow-up game. You did not make a single post touting JLew before that game, and in fact you suggested in one thread he was a good candidate for injury this season. Please find the post dated before the season began where you said he'd be "the best".One thing you need to learn is that durability is as much as or more of an asset to an NFL RB as perceived talent. There are many, many, many "talented" college backs that can't endure the wear and tear of an NFL season. Its a different world.

Don't forget to post that link to the thread where you mentioned Jamal Lewis would be the "best" before the season started. (not after week 2) If you indeed made that statement and I missed it, I will apologize whole heartedly.

I read a lot of the stuff Rkade said about Foster vs. Davis because I loved everyones rebuttal. Davis is a stud and I was thinking of starting a topic to see what Rkade would be saying now, but someone beat me to it. Anyways Davis has been my MVP so far this year and I am glad to have someone of his calibre on my team. I can almost guarantee Davis will score double digits and probably surpass his career in total yards.

QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Davis was a backup RB for three years before getting the job by default.
What are you implying? that no stud RB ever spent time as a back-up? He's missed 7 starts in 5 straight seasons as a starter. How's that for durability? Want me to list the starting RBs who have missed more than that in the same span? Oh yah, Foster is a model of durability, even going back to UCLA :rolleyes:

If so, why is his ypc lower than Davis? If so why did his back-up at UCLA (Foster only got 60% of the carries there btw) have almost the same ypc as Foster? I'd like to hear in your own words why you hold this opinion.

No, I went back and checked...you said this after his week 2 blow-up game. You did not make a single post touting JLew before that game, and in fact you suggested in one thread he was a good candidate for injury this season. Please find the post dated before the season began where you said he'd be "the best".

One thing you need to learn is that durability is as much as or more of an asset to an NFL RB as perceived talent. There are many, many, many "talented" college backs that can't endure the wear and tear of an NFL season. Its a different world.

Don't forget to post that link to the thread where you mentioned Jamal Lewis would be the "best" before the season started. (not after week 2) If you indeed made that statement and I missed it, I will apologize whole heartedly.
OWNED!

To Pimp Davis a little bit, I want to post this roster. This squad is 6-2 and tied for the division lead. Thanks in part to Davis and MossBledsoe, Drew BUF QB 119.00 9 McNabb, Donovan PHI QB (P) 81.30 3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brown, Chris TEN RB (Q) 4.50 9 Canidate, Trung WAS RB 33.50 8 Davis, Stephen CAR RB 136.70 3 Mack, Stacey HOU RB 51.20 5 Taylor, Chester BAL RB 24.40 5 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brown, Troy NEP WR 49.40 10 Bruce, Isaac STL WR 67.45 5 Horn, Joe NOS WR 90.60 10 Morton, Johnnie KCC WR (P) 60.50 9 Moss, Randy MIN WR 128.20 6 Porter, Jerry OAK WR 7.50 8 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Conwell, Ernie NOS TE (P) 41.00 10 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Akers, David PHI PK 36.00 3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Saints, New Orleans NOS DT 54.00 10Talk about a scrub team. Davis, Davis, Davis!!!JAAPS: I have been unable to get Foster from the owner

Uh-oh. A thread with both RKade and TheFanatic, two people who regularly act inappropriately and belittle others.I'm gone -- and I'd advise anyone else with a brain to follow me. :thumbdown:
Another insightful post by the "sportswriter." Brother, do you ever offer anything other than mindless diatribe?Taking a shot at me for taking shots!! Your hypocracy knows no bounds!!! And BTW, you deserved every shot I took/take at you....I love just slapping you silly on these boards....As do most of the other posters since you pretty much insulted all of them....

Hey, if you ever said something on here that showed you knew an ounce of football, that would really hurt. Think you and Yao would make great friends. :yes:
You are the true guppy in the shark pool. Just keep talking and prove me right.

I read a lot of the stuff Rkade said about Foster vs. Davis because I loved everyones rebuttal. Davis is a stud and I was thinking of starting a topic to see what Rkade would be saying now, but someone beat me to it. Anyways Davis has been my MVP so far this year and I am glad to have someone of his calibre on my team. I can almost guarantee Davis will score double digits and probably surpass his career in total yards.
MVP over JLewis? Don't think so

I don't know if I should be so flattered or sad that I get so many guppies so worked up in here. Look, go back and READ what I have said numerous of times about Davis and Foster. Are you denying that Foster stinks and isn't a stud? Even Fox and Davis said they were going to run him more. Come on, read my postings and don't put words into my mouth.

What the #### is wrong with you people? The whole point of a message board is to exchange ideas and opinions ... if we were to all agree then it'd be kinda pointless, don't you think?? This message board has far too many personal attacks going on to retain the reputation that Bryant and Dodds have worked so hard to arrive at. This place is getting worse than an all-girls pre-school.

1. Never said that Davis is TERRIBLE. Please, for the guppies and newbs, look at what I have written numerous times about Foster and Davis. I think some of you think that by me stating the obvious that Foster is a STUD you take it personally and think that means I am saying that DAVIS is TERRIBLE. 2. Xpanda, I agree but don't get so worked up. The people who are tying to "rip me" are just jealous because they never contribute an ounce of their own opinions and are obviously jealous because mine hold more weight than theirs. Just ignore them until they end up ripping people and offering nothing on some random yahoo public league.3. For the people whose thoughts and insites I value, keep it coming! :thumbup:

MVP over JLewis? Don't think so
I think Davis has a better chance than Lewis. Lewis had the record-breaking day and some outstanding games, but Davis has been extremely consistent with putting up great numbers and he also plays for a better team. If the season ended today, I would have to say that Davis has the advantage over Lewis.

I don't know if I should be so flattered or sad that I get so many guppies so worked up in here. Look, go back and READ what I have said numerous of times about Davis and Foster. Are you denying that Foster stinks and isn't a stud? Even Fox and Davis said they were going to run him more. Come on, read my postings and don't put words into my mouth.
You seem to get offended whenever anybody questions your football “knowledge”. All I know is that I’ve read several of your posts and keep seeing that ridiculous thing you call a team on every one of your posts. There is a reason people think you overstate your fantasy football ability.

Oct 26 Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (shoulder) appeared to have suffered a banged up shoulder during an overtime win Sunday, Oct. 26, against the New Orleans Saints. He left the game during OT after breaking a long run and coming down hard on his shoulder. Anymore news on this? ;)

1. Never said that Davis is TERRIBLE. Please, for the guppies and newbs, look at what I have written numerous times about Foster and Davis. I think some of you think that by me stating the obvious that Foster is a STUD you take it personally and think that means I am saying that DAVIS is TERRIBLE. 2. Xpanda, I agree but don't get so worked up. The people who are tying to "rip me" are just jealous because they never contribute an ounce of their own opinions and are obviously jealous because mine hold more weight than theirs. Just ignore them until they end up ripping people and offering nothing on some random yahoo public league.3. For the people whose thoughts and insites I value, keep it coming! :thumbup:
You may want to learn a thing called humility. :rolleyes: Your arrogance is befuddling. Get a grip.

QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Davis was a backup RB for three years before getting the job by default.
What are you implying? that no stud RB ever spent time as a back-up? He's missed 7 starts in 5 straight seasons as a starter. How's that for durability? Want me to list the starting RBs who have missed more than that in the same span? Oh yah, Foster is a model of durability, even going back to UCLA :rolleyes:

No, I went back and checked...you said this after his week 2 blow-up game. You did not make a single post touting JLew before that game, and in fact you suggested in one thread he was a good candidate for injury this season. Please find the post dated before the season began where you said he'd be "the best".

One thing you need to learn is that durability is as much as or more of an asset to an NFL RB as perceived talent. There are many, many, many "talented" college backs that can't endure the wear and tear of an NFL season. Its a different world.

Game, set, match. :thumbup:

I think Davis has a better chance than Lewis. Lewis had the record-breaking day and some outstanding games, but Davis has been extremely consistent with putting up great numbers and he also plays for a better team. If the season ended today, I would have to say that Davis has the advantage over Lewis.
Here's a few reasons why I think you have to go with JLEWIS:1. Hasn't been stopped in one game yet this season (Davis has). It's obvious that any team who stacks the line can't contain this beast.2. BALT will be fighting tooth and nail for getting into the playoffs so they won't sit him towards the end of the season. BUT, CAR could have the division wrapped up.3. They have won with defense and running Jlewis and know that's how they will continue to win.4. Easier Schedule JL vs SDJAX STLMIASEASFCINOAKCLEVvsHouTBWASHDALPHILATLARIZDET4. Davis hasn't finished a full season since 2001, if history means anything....5. CAR has a weapon in Foster which could hurt down the line for Davis fant value6. I'll take 5.9 over 5.1 ypc anyday of the week.7. Can't throw big against BALT while it's proven that you can against CAR, I expect to see more teams throwing it out like Indy and especially TEN which will lower Davis's value.8. CAR has shown it has a viable deep threat in Smith and Del can get it to him. Can Balt hurt anyone with their passing? Don't think so.Finally, saying that I FAVOR JLewis over Davis DOES NOT mean that I am saying that Davis is TERRIBLE.

Not to rob this thread but I just stated that this guy will be the best RB (yes posted it after week two but come on, I drafted him early 2nd round, come on!) and why is everyone trying to dump him makes NO sense whatsoever. Here is the link and look at all the people who loved to tell me how wrong I was.

Typical, NOW I didn't post my message early enough rendering it invalid but before is was a valid enough statement to get crap for it.

Which is it guys?

1. Laugh at my posting saying I am wrong.

2. Now that I am currently right, I didn't post it EARLY enough. :wacko:

http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...=30479&hl=lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread