What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Salvaging a season at TE (1 Viewer)

chad in Indy

Footballguy
For those who waited in the draft and got stuck with a Cook, Rudolph, Celek, etc... and trying to salvage the rest of the season.

, What are people's thoughts on TEs likely on the waivers like Heath Miller, Jordan Reed, Sean McGrath, etc? Clay is another but he's prob gone now for most 12 team leagues. Same for Garrett Graham.

Miller played almost all offensive snaps and was having a top 5 year last year before the ACL injury

Reed has shown flashes and seems to have taken the role away from Fred Davis

McGrath I don't know a lot about, but has streamed a couple good games and Smith loves safe short passes.

Celek/Rudolph maybe as a comeback players if their QB changes?

Any others worth monitoring?

For those who waited in the draft and got stuck with a Cook, Rudolph, Celek, etc... and trying to salvage the rest of the season.

, What are people's thoughts on TEs likely on the waivers like Heath Miller, Jordan Reed, Sean McGrath, etc? Clay is another but he's prob gone now for most 12 team leagues. Same for Garrett Graham.

Miller played almost all offensive snaps and was having a top 5 year last year before the ACL injury

Reed has shown flashes and seems to have taken the role away from Fred Davis

McGrath I don't know a lot about, but has streamed a couple good games and Smith loves safe short passes.

Celek/Rudolph maybe as a comeback players if their QB changes?

Any others worth monitoring?
I like Miller and Reed. I recently traded away Cook. I have Miller, Olsen and Luke Wilson.

Fasano hasn't played since week 2 and still hasn't practiced. Even when he did he didn't do anything. Care to expand on your thoughts a little of why you are high on him?
Alex Smith has made McGrath relevant and it looks like Kelce is going to be out longer than expected, so when Fasano is healthy, he should start and do better than McGrath has been doing.

Fasano hasn't played since week 2 and still hasn't practiced. Even when he did he didn't do anything. Care to expand on your thoughts a little of why you are high on him?
Alex Smith has made McGrath relevant and it looks like Kelce is going to be out longer than expected, so when Fasano is healthy, he should start and do better than McGrath has been doing.
I agree.

I agree.
Miami homer here who has watched Fasano for multiple years; he is not salvaging anyone's season

1. G. Graham

2. Miller

3. Reed

4. McGrath

5. Kendricks?
Kendricks is showing signs of life. Hard to tell if it will continue as disastrous as the Rams offense has been. And who knows if (grrrr) the *other* Rams TE will decide to show up. But Kendricks, I believe has seen his targets increase (at the expense of? the other TE). I thought enough of the trend to pick him up as a 3rd TE stash - figuring to see how things look in 2 to 3 weeks.

ETA: I like this ranking, though I would probably put Kendricks at 4 and McGrath at 5 when looking at ROS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't count on that. McGrath has been doing very well and Smith uses him a lot as a check down safety valve. McGrath could be this year's Brandon Myers.

1. Miller

2. Reed

3. G. Graham
Changed Graham to 3, because Daniels will be coming back. Dont want to be short handed come playoff time.

Miller was #4 TE in ppg last year, and he had 70 yards in his first full game week 4.

Reed is very fascinating. In week 3 (first game FDavis was relegated to back up) he had 50 yards on 5 catches, got hurt and played only 39% of snaps.

Miller should definitely not be on the wire. In my opinion, Reed shouldn't be either. He got heathy during the bye week, and looks ready for a bump in production. One guy that interests me in deep leagues in Tim Wright of Tampa Bay. He's an undrafted rookie out of Rutgers. He's the only receiving option on the roster at the TE position. He played a touch over 50% of the snaps in Glennon's first start and had decent production.....5 receptions on 6 targets for 41 yards.

He was the third option at Rutgers (Mark Harrison & Brandon Coleman), and he played WR. He's 6'3, 221 and ran a 4.65 at his pro day. He also has 34" arms and 11 1/8" hands. I watched him play in college, and he certainly has the athleticsm.

Mark Harrison is another option. He's the guy that slung crap all over the walls the combine. Regardless, he's an athletic marvel that comes off the NFI list next week. I'm curious to see how the Patriots use him, if they do at all. In case you aren't familiar with his metrics, he measured out over 6'3 and 231 at the combine. He ran a 4.37....10.75 Broad Jump.....38" Vertical. He also threw up 18 reps with 35 1/2" arms. I can only imagine what BB would do with a specimen like that. Here are some college cutups:

http://youtu.be/NywkiSC4xPU (vs South Florida)

http://youtu.be/YOiwIK_2FiE (vs Louisville, Arkansas Cincinnati)

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/2013_Draft_Prospects_Mark_Harrison_WR/0970c75c-935d-4591-acb1-24a70e481960 (Highlights from Patriots.com)

Ryan Griffin is my final deep league TE stash. With Daniels out, he'll slide into the role Graham has played the first 5 games. Graham was playing around 60% of the snaps and we all know how well he's performed.

I'd offer up something small to the Charles Clay owner. I'd assume that most people who own him have another quality TE on their roster and would be willing to let him go. He's been insanely consistent.

Mark Harrison is another option. He's the guy that slung crap all over the walls the combine. Regardless, he's an athletic marvel that comes off the NFI list next week. I'm curious to see how the Patriots use him, if they do at all. In case you aren't familiar with his metrics, he measured out over 6'3 and 231 at the combine. He ran a 4.37....10.75 Broad Jump.....38" Vertical. He also threw up 18 reps with 35 1/2" arms. I can only imagine what BB would do with a specimen like that. Here are some college cutups:

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/2013_Draft_Prospects_Mark_Harrison_WR/0970c75c-935d-4591-acb1-24a70e481960 (Highlights from Patriots.com)
This intrigues me. The size/height combo are similar to Hernandez. Curious, what was the injury that had him on the NFI list? The cutups show him lining up at WR, if he isn't familiar with the TE position, I think his redraft value, even a the "move" TE in NE would be limited.

1. Miller

2. Reed

3. G. Graham
Changed Graham to 3, because Daniels will be coming back. Dont want to be short handed come playoff time.

Miller was #4 TE in ppg last year, and he had 70 yards in his first full game week 4.

Reed is very fascinating. In week 3 (first game FDavis was relegated to back up) he had 50 yards on 5 catches, got hurt and played only 39% of snaps.
Well the advantage there with Daniels is that he will likely be cut in the meantime and if he does get active again he should be easy enough to pick up.

Bayhawks said:
Whitney26 said:

This intrigues me. The size/height combo are similar to Hernandez. Curious, what was the injury that had him on the NFI list? The cutups show him lining up at WR, if he isn't familiar with the TE position, I think his redraft value, even a the "move" TE in NE would be limited.
He broke his foot after the combine. He initially signed with Chicago after the draft but they released him after he failed his physical. The Patriots immediately signed him and have stashed him since. As much as I like his talent, the likelihood of him jumping in and getting meaningful targets out the gate are slim. If Gronk misses more time, you never know though...especially with BB.

Yes, he played WR at Rutgers. It's a shot in the dark. Regardless, he's worth a roster spot in the deepest of dynasty leagues.

From Doug Kyed of NESN:

He could come back as early as next week. He’s been on the non-football injury list since training camp began. During the summer, he was out on the field almost every day. He’s obviously been able to get in the playbook all year, but now it will be about translating that knowledge onto the field. Harrison is a Rutgers guy who has an incredible size-speed combination. At 6-foot-3, 231 pounds, Harrison ran a 4.37-second 40-yard dash at the NFL combine in February. He had a 6.99-second three-cone drill and 4.33-second 20-yard shuttle. Harrison wasn’t drafted and got scooped up by the Bears after the draft. They didn’t keep him around because of a foot injury, but the Patriots determined he was worthy of a spot on the 90-man roster. Harrison had a huge sophomore year with the Scarlet Knights. He had 44 receptions for 829 yards and nine touchdowns. His numbers diminished his junior year, with 14 catches for 274 yards and two touchdowns. He came back up his senior year with 44 catches for 583 yards and six touchdowns.

Great topic. As a Cook owner, I've been going around and around on this.

Ultimately, I think that @$%*er Cook is still a better option than guys like Celek and Reed and Kendricks. Targets say so. Rest-of-year rankings say so. Cook's snap count bears very close monitoring though -- if it's in the 50something% range again, all bets are off.

Bottom line, I'm angling to solve the situation via trade, not free agency. Wish I would have grabbed Miller two weeks ago though.

This is super deep but with the loss of Julio, ATL is likely going to be running more two TE sets. Levine Toilolo has already proven to be a RZ target and it will be interesting to see what he can if he happens to get more work in between the 20's.

1. Miller

2. Reed

3. G. Graham

A Garrett Graham/Dennis Pitta stable might get you top 5 TE performance for weeks 6-16.

Cumberland might be an option for the next weeks as Winslow is now out by suspension.
I'm buying into Cumberland as well because of this, (GRONK owner :sadbanana: )

The Jets are trying to compete and Cumberland looked like a reliable option last week.

Although Reed also is in a tempting situation.

I don't know how Reed will come back, though.

Repeat after me: I will never buy the Jared Cook hype again
Seriously. It hurts when less hyped guys like Cameron and Thomas continuously go off while we're stuck looking at Beetlejuice on our roster. The fact that he went off the way he did in Week 1 led to more FF emotional turmoil, in that we held on for so long hoping things would start clicking again.

Just dropped him and am going to be riding solo with Fleener. I will quit fantasy if he proceeds to going off again.

Miller should definitely not be on the wire. In my opinion, Reed shouldn't be either. He got heathy during the bye week, and looks ready for a bump in production. One guy that interests me in deep leagues in Tim Wright of Tampa Bay. He's an undrafted rookie out of Rutgers. He's the only receiving option on the roster at the TE position. He played a touch over 50% of the snaps in Glennon's first start and had decent production.....5 receptions on 6 targets for 41 yards.

He was the third option at Rutgers (Mark Harrison & Brandon Coleman), and he played WR. He's 6'3, 221 and ran a 4.65 at his pro day. He also has 34" arms and 11 1/8" hands. I watched him play in college, and he certainly has the athleticsm.

Ryan Griffin is my final deep league TE stash. With Daniels out, he'll slide into the role Graham has played the first 5 games. Graham was playing around 60% of the snaps and we all know how well he's performed.
uhhhmmm...

One guy that interests me in deep leagues in Tim Wright of Tampa Bay. He's an undrafted rookie out of Rutgers. He's the only receiving option on the roster at the TE position. He played a touch over 50% of the snaps in Glennon's first start and had decent production.....5 receptions on 6 targets for 41 yards.
So, that was pretty good Sunday.

Philly's defense, I know, but nice call.

Yes, definitely keep an eye on Tim Wright and Levine Toilolo in deeper leagues. I see a lot of opportunity to produce going forward.

Don't let the fluke TDs the last three weeks fool you on Kendricks' target numbers. First three weeks, he had 12 targets. Last three weeks, 9 targets. The short TDs aside, he is seeing less passes than he was earlier in the year.

Week - Targets

1 - 4

2 - 3

3 - 5

4 - 1

5 - 6

6 - 2

Yes, definitely keep an eye on Tim Wright and Levine Toilolo in deeper leagues. I see a lot of opportunity to produce going forward.
Law of averages will come into play with Wright and the drops will start to pile up like they did in college.
Interesting. This guy has looked fantastic to me, and Glennon definitely has an eye for him. From what I've seen he's a hands receiver. His paws look huge.

I admittedly know nothing about his college days.

Law of averages will come into play with Wright and the drops will start to pile up like they did in college.
I'll take the 80% catch percentage as a good sign regardless. I never paid attention to Wright in college but maybe he corrected the issue, maybe he'll exceed expectations. Still, opportunity is opportunity and I still advise people to take a hard look at Wright in deeper leagues.

Well Reed paid off or is about to for many.

Some remaining candidates out there:

Dallas Clark

Pitta might be coming back

Cumberland

Eifert

Sticking with Cook with the hope that the new QB situation will see him getting more balls....although i kind of doubt it. Got Rudolph as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread