What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Diego at Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

Blackmon just targeted on a red zone slant, ball looked catchable but it popped out of his hands. Probably wouldn't have scored but would've been a first down

That might be the dumbest play by Rivers in a long time. Seven seconds left in the half, Chargers have no timeouts left. Rivers drops back, nobody open, so he runs and subsequently dives up the mdidle to try to get into the end zone. Comes up short, and first half clock runs out without a FG attempt. Jesus.

I really like the new coaching staff but rolling Rivers out at the goal line is pretty ridiculous. Costs valuable seconds instead of a simple quick throw. Rivers haunted by past decision making at the end of the first half tarnishes a nearly perfect game thus far. Too bad, this game shouldn't be this close.

Wtf happened, I was looking at the gametracker, 2nd and 1 on the Jags goal line with 11 seconds left? Then the end of half with no TD or FG.

That might be the dumbest play by Rivers in a long time. Seven seconds left in the half, Chargers have no timeouts left. Rivers drops back, nobody open, so he runs and subsequently dives up the mdidle to try to get into the end zone. Comes up short, and first half clock runs out without a FG attempt. Jesus.
Not only that but he dives head first and lays there motionless for a few seconds. Had me pretty nervous, to be honest.

Not able to watch the game and thus did not see the Rivers bonehead play.

But through 6.5 games, Rivers is playing amazingly well. He has completed 73.8% of his passes for 8.4 ypa. His 16 game pace is for 4963 passing yards, 37 passing TDs, and 12 interceptions. :thumbup:

But through 6.5 games, Rivers is playing amazingly well. He has completed 73.8% of his passes for 8.4 ypa. His 16 game pace is for 4963 passing yards, 37 passing TDs, and 12 interceptions. :thumbup:
As you know, I seem to be the only one on the board that thinks Rivers won't get paid $17mil to hover around .500 next year in SD but it would be a shame if he left this offense. He fits so well. Can you imagine what his stats would be if he still had Alexander/Floyd and just an average OL? Jeebus. It would be frightening the stats he would be rolling up. That speaks to the frustration I have with Telesco building an OL around him.

Yeah def have zero complaints about his season to this point, that's what I meant by dumbest play in awhile. He's been pretty intelligent so far, but that was awful.

any update on keenan?
Seen on the sideline with pancakes on his knee.
Didn't notice that. With his knee history that doesn't sound good.
From Roto:

Allen was spotted on the sideline late in the second quarter with buttermilk pancakes on his knee in noticeable pain. We'll update when we know more. Before leaving, the rookie sensation had caught three passes for 67 yards.
Looked like blueberry to me, but not paying 100% attention.

Keenan Allen headed to locker room.
You're kidding me...this game is going exactly as I feared. Matthews piling up points and my Gates/Allen combo is fizzling. Now I'm wishing I sat Gates for Gronk.
Allen on the field, just targeted. He was targeted 3x in the end zone late in the first half, drew a flag on one of them too.

Correction: draw a flag on two of them, one a PI and one a personal foul

Last edited by a moderator:
Great play by Royal. No way that's a fumble.

If SD scores here they need to think about winding down Mathews/Woodhead and mixing in the other RB's.

2nd straight week my opponent has a RB vs Jax and second straight week it will probably be the difference in my defeat. With such a big lead Gates and Allen will do nothing for me from here. The Jags aren't exactly the best matchup for all players going against them because they are so bad.

Great game to go into the bye, let's hope Dunlap comes back because they have nothing behind him as we've seen.

After the bye @WAS could be a high scoring affair. SD hasn't handled mobile QB's especially well. I was surprised how well they did against Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread