What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** rookies report to training camp July 16, veterans July 23; SF's entire 2024 draft class is under contract (1 Viewer)

Brandon Aiyuk’s post on TikTok

On Face Time with Jayden Daniels

Daniels: “What happened bro”

Aiyuk: “They said they don’t want me back."

Daniels: "For real?"

Aiyuk: "I swear."

Link

🤔 DRAMA

Last edited:
Lombardi:

49ers hold the cards so they have little reason to budge far on their offer to Brandon Aiyuk. He's already under contract. By nature of the way their roster is built, seems they're much better leveraged here than they were with Nick Bosa.

So the operative question: Will July-Sept deadline pressure encourage Aiyuk to move toward the 49ers' offer (with some reciprocal movement from them, of course), or is he willing to risk playing on the fifth-year option?

Brandon Aiyuk appears to suggest 49ers are playing serious hardball with claim about contract talks​

Over the weekend, it was claimed contract talks between the San Francisco 49ers and Brandon Aiyuk had "stalled".

The All-Pro wide receiver's latest post on social media would appear to back up that assessment.

In a video on TikTok of a FaceTime conversation with Washington Commanders quarterback Jayden Daniels, his close friend who was watching a 49ers game from last season, Aiyuk claimed the Niners "said they don’t want me back".

Aiyuk could well be being somewhat diplomatic with the truth. The 49ers have been vocal in their desire to sign Aiyuk to a long-term contract and are reported to have offered the 2020 first-round pick, who is set to play on his fifth-year option as it stands, a deal worth $26 million annually.

However, Aiyuk is said to want a deal that tops the four-year, $120 million contract Amon-Ra St. Brown signed with the Detroit Lions. That deal pays St. Brown an annual average of $28 million over the first three years.

That should not be too difficult of a gap for the 49ers to bridge, and Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer recently predicted San Francisco would sign Aiyuk too an extension paying him $29 million annually.

The reality is likely that the 49ers have told Aiyuk's reps they aren't prepared to pay what he is asking for right now. San Francisco would seem to be playing hardball and, with Aiyuk having no incentive to skip 2024 entirely and the Niners possessing the security of the franchise tag next offseason, they have the leverage to be able to do so.

Time is also on the 49ers' side, given they usually stick to a timeline of signing star players to extensions around training camp, and Aiyuk's social media claims don't change the likelihood that he is probably going to be a member of the Niners for years to come.

San Francisco's negotiations with star players can be long and tedious, and Aiyuk's TikTok post is a very good example of the tedium these contract sagas often bring before they reach an inevitable conclusion.

Link

One constant this offseason: the 49ers have been vocal in their desire to sign Aiyuk to a long-term contract this offseason. That hasn't changed. Aiyuk posting this kind of stuff on the socials makes me like him a little less, but that's what players do these days. So annoying.

Pearsall SZN loading!!!

Last edited:
Aiyuk is a tough contract to settle on. I personally would not want to pay him what the Lion’s paid ARSB, I just do not think he is worth that money in this offense. It is difficult on both sides to find a middle ground. How would he fair being the number one on an offense that didn’t have such a good supporting cast? I think he could be fairly easily replaced for what they do in SF, and my guess is they feel the same to a degree. Good player needing a great contract…

The 49ers have signed first-round pick Ricky Pearsall to a four-year, fully-guaranteed contract worth $12.5 million as the No. 31 overall selection.

The 49ers have now signed their entire 2024 draft class with over a month to go before training camp.

Aiyuk landed in the Bay Area in the last hour or so per his IG story. News tomorrow? Or maybe he's just going home.

Last edited:
Aiyuk landed in the Bay Area in the last hour or so per his IG story. News tomorrow? Or maybe he's just going home.
Wel well well...Aiyuk meeting with the 49ers today.

Aiyuk said he's been taking negotiations personal and the offers so far have affected him, but he's meeting with the team today. Maybe they make some headway.

WR Brandon Aiyuk told @Realrclark25 that he's been taking negotiations "personal" and the offers so far have affected him. Aiyuk's first choice is to stay in San Francisco, but he is comfortable playing elsewhere if they are willing to trade him.

Aiyuk is meeting with the 49ers today, a meeting he requested.

Users who are viewing this thread