What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers - Fell short in SB LVIII. Time to regroup, reload, and give it another go next season (5 Viewers)

Purdy has MVP Favorite..hahahahahahahahahahah

There is no way he is getting the MVP.. You put him on Tennessee and they may be winless.. Put Pickett on SF and they are still a playoff team.
No - Pickett plays scared, has horrible accuracy, no pocket presence, noodle arm and is a single read QB. He literally has zero good attributes as a QB. I got laughed at in the Steelers thread when I asked if his ceiling was Cousins (on the aftermath of his only decent game). Purdy on the other hand has all the good attributes with the exception of a strong arm. And I’m a freaking Steelers fan!
It doesn't Matter, All he would have to do is throw quick passes to CMAC, Deebo, and Aiyuk. They all can go the distance every time they get the ball;. Plus he would have a HOF TE, and a better line.

Pickett's numbers would be a ton better in SF.

Purdy;'s numbers would be nowhere near what they are if he was behind the Steelers line.
I do agree that Purdy wouldn’t be as good on the Steelers as he is on the Niners but I strongly disagree that Pickett is a better QB than Purdy. Not even remotely close.

There is no way he is getting the MVP.. You put him on Tennessee and they may be winless.. Put Pickett on SF and they are still a playoff team.
No - Pickett plays scared, has horrible accuracy, no pocket presence, noodle arm and is a single read QB. He literally has zero good attributes as a QB. I got laughed at in the Steelers thread when I asked if his ceiling was Cousins (on the aftermath of his only decent game). Purdy on the other hand has all the good attributes with the exception of a strong arm. And I’m a freaking Steelers fan!
It doesn't Matter, All he would have to do is throw quick passes to CMAC, Deebo, and Aiyuk. They all can go the distance every time they get the ball;. Plus he would have a HOF TE, and a better line.

Purdy;'s numbers would be nowhere near what they are if he was behind the Steelers line.
I do agree that Purdy wouldn’t be as good on the Steelers as he is on the Niners but I strongly disagree that Pickett is a better QB than Purdy. Not even remotely close.
I never said Pickett is better, I am saying Pickett would be put up numbers on SF.. The offense is made for pretty much any QB to succeed.

I never said Pickett is better, I am saying Pickett would be put up numbers on SF.. The offense is made for pretty much any QB to succeed.

When will Steelers fans admit that Small Hands just isn't a good QB. Him coming from Pittsburgh Panthers 'm sure doesn't help the soon to be separation.

I think Pickett would be living his best life in SF (or Philly for that matter) but I think he’d probably produce somewhere between what CJ Beathard and Jimmy did. The offense isn’t so great that anyone can come in and do what Purdy is doing.

Sounds like relatively good news on Arik Armstead: Kyle Shanahan said that it’ll probably be a week or two before he’s back, but it’s not an ACL or MCL issue with his knee.

Elijah Mitchell won’t practice today with a knee issue. Ray-Ray McCloud will return in a limited capacity.

On Armstead: "It's not ACL, MCL, nothing I would be able to remember to tell you guys. I'd be surprised if he's ready this week. Still haven't ruled him out yet, but it might be a week or two."

Last edited:
This team is going historic all season.

CBS Sports Research:

The 49ers have played 4 games against teams with multiple games over .500.

The 49ers won each of those games by 18 or more points, for a total point differential of +108.

That's the highest 4-game point differential against teams over .500 in NFL history.

Here are the 49ers' players that lead the initial Pro Bowl voting results at their respective positions:

Kyle Juszczyk
Christian McCaffrey
George Kittle
Trent Williams
Nick Bosa
Javon Hargrave
Fred Warner

Most Pro Bowl Votes received (initial voting):

1. Tua Tagovailoa, 59.6k
2. CJ Stroud, 49.1k
3. Christian McCaffrey, 43.3k

No doubt McCaffrey's making the Pro Bowl this season after being snubbed last year.

Brock Purdy is currently #3 in Pro Bowl voting among NFC quarterbacks, behind Dak Prescott and Jalen Hurts.

Dre Greenlaw is currently #4 among NFC LBs in the initial voting results.

Brandon Aiyuk is (somehow) #5 among NFC WRs in the initial results.

I think ignoring this dude is pretty much necessary. Any QB, I guess you can make that case if you exclude any QB who has been in this system for the past multiple seasons. Purdy was the missing piece, which is now in place. Kenny Pickett :lmao: might as well have said Kenny Powers.

Christian McCaffrey leads the NFL in:

Rushing yards - 1,033
Rushing yards after contact - 699
Missed tackles rushing - 48
Runs of 10+ yards - 28
Runs of 15+ yards - 13
1st downs rushing - 63
1st downs receiving by RB - 24
TDs receiving by a RB - 5
Receiving yards by a RB - 429

Wow

The only starters still with the 49ers from the 2019 SB appearance:

Kyle Juszczyk
Deebo Samuel
George Kittle
Arik Armstead
Nick Bosa
Dre Greenlaw
Fred Warner

That's 7 of 22 starters, and 9 of 53 total.

They also have 8 starters on rookie contracts.

Shanahan and Lynch are the best coach/GM tandem in the league.

Wow

Kyle Juszczyk
Deebo Samuel
George Kittle
Arik Armstead
Nick Bosa
Dre Greenlaw
Fred Warner

They're not that good... just a system head coach and a system GM

Hopefully, the Cowboys watch the tape

— Nick Bosa on the blueprint the 49ers D provided to slow Jalen Hurts and the Eagles offense
I feel like Bosa revealing their defensive plan and then bragging about it all week is not a good idea for a lot reasons.

Hopefully, the Cowboys watch the tape

— Nick Bosa on the blueprint the 49ers D provided to slow Jalen Hurts and the Eagles offense
I feel like Bosa revealing their defensive plan and then bragging about it all week is not a good idea for a lot reasons.
Lol, any coach that watches the tape will see it, and next time they play the game plan won't be the same because PHI will adjust to it.

Bosa is basically showing his support for Dallas this week with that statement.

Wow

Kyle Juszczyk
Deebo Samuel
George Kittle
Arik Armstead
Nick Bosa
Dre Greenlaw
Fred Warner

They're not that good... just a system head coach and a system GM
I see what you're doing here :lol:

Christian McCaffrey leads the NFL in:

Rushing yards - 1,033
Rushing yards after contact - 699
Missed tackles rushing - 48
Runs of 10+ yards - 28
Runs of 15+ yards - 13
1st downs rushing - 63
1st downs receiving by RB - 24
TDs receiving by a RB - 5
Receiving yards by a RB - 429
That's why HE's the MVP, not Purdy.

Purdy goes down and a monkey with a banana can fill his role with that supporting cast. How hard can it be to hand off to CMC all day long, the actual MVP?

Last edited:

This.

He's not even in the conversation, much less in the running. This seems like a "I wish this was true" from the OP.
Tell me more about how he’s not in the conversation.
Wait...one guy's opinion on a site no one can read w/out a subscription? That's your case for Purdy?
The national NFL reporter at the Athletic having a conversation about his case isn’t enough to establish he’s in the conversation? Think carefully about your rebuttal here.
No.

The real MVP of the league is none other than Aaron Rodgers.

Think about - when he went down the whole team went down with him. I can't think of a better example of a QB being so key to a team. You have to begrudgingly agree that Rodgers is, indeed, the MVP. He's so valuable that the entire NY Jets team cratered without him.

And since I talked about him and I'm mostly Athletic, that means he's "in the conversation". :thumbup:

I find myself regularly forgetting Purdy is only a second-year player.
I’m trying to figure out the best Purdy rookie card to own. I will be buying them up.
This one, by far. https://www.reddit.com/r/footballcards/s/McalL9Yslc it's a 1/1 rookie card. Guy had already turned down a 90k offer though.
I’m looking to spread it out in $50-$200 range and get 15-20 of them. A little too much risk in that one.

Any recommendations on that would be great!

Barrows:

At start of #49ers practice, I did not see:

* Arik Armstead (knee, foot)
* Ray-Ray McCloud (rib)
* Darrell Luter (hamstring)
* Ross Dwelley (ankle)

Spencer Burford (knee), Elijah Mitchell (knee) were working out on side field. Ty Davis-Price back in No. 32; S Logan Ryan in 33.

This offense tho. Pick your poison.

49ers’ week-by-week receiving leader:

1. Aiyuk 129 yards
2. Samuel 63
3. Samuel 129
4, Aiyuk 148
5. Kittle 67
6. Aiyuk 76
7. Kittle 78
8. Kittle 149
10. Kittle 116
11. Aiyuk 156
12. Samuel 79
13. Samuel 116

Tally: Aiyuk 4, Kittle 4, Samuel 4

A little concerned about a let down game after last week.

Seattle has an extra 3 days rest, and they need a win bad. They've never lost 4 in a row under Carroll, so they're gonna come to play.

49ers need to lock in and keep the machine rolling.

Injury update:

"Armstead's still looking like a long shot," Shanahan said on the "Tolbert and Copes" show. "Haven't ruled him out yet, officially, but I'll talk to the doctors. But I have a feeling that's going to come tomorrow."

"Burford and Mitchell, neither of them were able to go today, but they both still have a big chance [to play]," Shanahan shared. "Hopefully, they'll be able to get out on the practice field tomorrow."

Both Seahawks’ RBs, Kenneth Walker III (oblique) and Zach Charbonnet (knee), were limited participants today in practice; neither practiced Wednesday.

Both will be questionable Sunday.

The Seahawks have signed quarterback Sean Mannion to their practice squad according to Ian Rapoport. He reports that the team signed Mannion because of Geno Smith’s groin injury, which could indicate a questionable status for the starting quarterback this week.

Retired Eagle Seth Joyner chirping at Bosa on Twitter. This guy sounds like a bully just took his lunch money.

"Bruh, @LaneJohnson65 owned you all day! Why are you talking? Hurts had an off day, you did little to create a blueprint! Peanut butter and crackers when they hung 31 pts on dat *** last year! See ya down the road, we'll see if that blueprint works! Thank Deebo, CMC & Purdy!"

And then

"Yea you analytics geeks GTF off my feed wit 8 pressures, that's 8 ALMOSTS! Stupidest stat in defensive football! You can pressure a QB, he steps away and tosses a 80 yd TD! 🙄🙄🤣 Pressure another trophy stat!"

Retired Eagle Seth Joyner chirping at Bosa on Twitter. This guy sounds like a bully just took his lunch money.

"Bruh, @LaneJohnson65 owned you all day! Why are you talking? Hurts had an off day, you did little to create a blueprint! Peanut butter and crackers when they hung 31 pts on dat *** last year! See ya down the road, we'll see if that blueprint works! Thank Deebo, CMC & Purdy!"

And then

"Yea you analytics geeks GTF off my feed wit 8 pressures, that's 8 ALMOSTS! Stupidest stat in defensive football! You can pressure a QB, he steps away and tosses a 80 yd TD! 🙄🙄🤣 Pressure another trophy stat!"

Yeah, hard for some players after they retire and have no relevance because football was only path.

49ers injury report:

OUT: DT Arik Armstead (knee, foot), TE Ross Dwelley (ankle), WR Ray-Ray McCloud (rib)

Doubtful: CB Darrell Luter (hamstring), G Spencer Burford (knee), RB Elijah Mitchell (knee)

And then

Yeah, hard for some players after they retire and have no relevance because football was only path.
Seth is kind of a loud mouth but this is odd because I always felt like he’s overly critical of the Eagles.

And then

Seth is kind of a loud mouth but this is odd because I always felt like he’s overly critical of the Eagles.
At one point he said the Eagles players should've hit Deebo in the knees to send a message on the opening kickoff.

Arik Armstead and Ray-Ray McCloud are both officially out.

Darrell Luter Jr., Spencer Burford and Elijah Mitchell are all doubtful.

The 49ers will likely have to elevate one of their practice squad RBs, Ty Davis-Price or Jeremy McNichols

Arik Armstead and Ray-Ray McCloud are both officially out.

Darrell Luter Jr., Spencer Burford and Elijah Mitchell are all doubtful.

The 49ers will likely have to elevate one of their practice squad RBs, Ty Davis-Price or Jeremy McNichols
Barrows put out a piece on your boy Kalia over at the Athletic this morning. Hopefully we’ll get to see more of this tomorrow.

“I mean, it was his first game,” Samuel said. “It was big. And you could see how happy he was. He was so in the moment, he didn’t even know what celebration to do. So he pulled out the Arik celebration.”

Told what Samuel said, Davis laughed and said that was true.

“The reality is that I didn’t have a sack dance ready,” he said. “But my mind was working quick. So I said, ‘OK, Arik’s hurting a little bit. Let me show him some love.’”

Users who are viewing this thread