What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers - link to new 2023 thread in latest post (2 Viewers)

Pretty excited that when I wake up tomorrow it’s Friday! Get through the day, some family stuff Saturday, and then it’s game day… I’m really getting impatient!

If 49ers can pull off this unprecedented upset, nothing would be more entertaining than watching these Philly fans beat the hell out of each other and get arrested as they leave the Linc.

If 49ers can pull off this unprecedented upset, nothing would be more entertaining than watching these Philly fans beat the hell out of each other and get arrested as they leave the Linc.
Sadly their amazing run ends in 72 hours and your nauseatingly repeated pejorative, 1992 concept of the “Philadelphia Fan” won’t come true. I bet there won’t be snowballs and Santa won’t be there either. Lol

Sadly their amazing run ends in 72 hours and your nauseatingly repeated pejorative, 1992 concept of the “Philadelphia Fan” won’t come true. I bet there won’t be snowballs and Santa won’t be there either. Lol
Spot on, Eagles got this. Coach should prob just go to KC and scout the opponents out in advance for the SB.

Glad the NFL decide to get this curb stomping over and schedule the best game later. Unfortunately I'll be traveling during the first half of this game when it will be close, but will be able to tune in when CMAC is unleashed and SF takes a double digit lead in the 3rd. Should be able to swing by the grocery store for eats and refreshments during the fourth quarter when SF is running out the clock.

49ers injury report for for NFC Championship Game vs. Eagles:

OUT
QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot)

Questionable
RB Elijah Mitchell (groin)
CB Ambry Thomas (ankle

If Mitchell can't go, or isn't effective, unleash Mason for F sake!!!! Shanahan did say "his time will come". What better game than this one? Punch that ticket to Glendale!!!!

Wow. Kyle Shanahan showed 49ers the January 2003 NFC title game — when Tampa Bay went into Philadelphia and closed Veterans Stadium with an emphatic road win (Ronde Barber 92-yard pick 6 sealed it).

John Lynch was on that Tampa team and pacing in Shanahan's office while watching.

This is the game (not the video) Kyle Shanahan showed the 49ers for motivational purposes today — a low point in Philadelphia sports history:

- Lombardi via Twitter

Eagles new hype video: https://youtu.be/bGVdEulvdQg

So....Philly don't need no rah-rah speech, but here's a rah-rah video.

Cool.
Surely you understand the difference between the team not needing a rah-rah speech and the franchise putting something out for the fans.
Surely YOU understand I think it's hilarious that you monitor this thread for any mention of the Eagles so you can run in here and defend their honor like they're your sister once word got out that she got railed by the entire varsity squad after homecoming.

See ya Sunday in the game thread. Win or lose, Im good.

Last edited:

Cool.
Surely you understand the difference between the team not needing a rah-rah speech and the franchise putting something out for the fans.
Surely YOU understand I think it's hilarious that you monitor this thread for any mention of the Eagles so you can run in here and defend their honor like they're your sister once word got out that she got railed by the entire varsity squad after homecoming.

Monitor? No. Check in to read about the team the my team is playing the NFCCG? Yes.

All good bro. Enjoy the beat down tomorrow.

Cool.

Enjoy the beat down tomorrow.
👍

Love the Eagles fans who give the 49ers no chance because we have Purdy starting. Seems like they have forgotten that their only Super Bowl win was with Nick Foles at QB. :laugh: Let's hope the Eagles players are similarly dismissive of Mr. Irrelevant and the 49ers.

Love the Eagles fans who give the 49ers no chance because we have Purdy starting. Seems like they have forgotten that their only Super Bowl win was with Nick Foles at QB. :laugh: Let's hope the Eagles players are similarly dismissive of Mr. Irrelevant and the 49ers.
I'm not going to dismiss Purdy, but at the time of SB LII Nick Foles had over 40 NFL starts to Purdy's 7.

You guys are the best team we faced all year. Frankly, you are probably the best team that Sirriani and Hurts have ever faced as Eagles. I don't think anyone is giving you no chance. I think we should* win and I personally think that if we don't turn the ball over we can win something like 27-17.

But to be clear it would not shock me in the least for you guys to successfully run the ball, eat clock, keep it low scoring and pull out the win.

I'm not going to dismiss Purdy, but at the time of SB LII Nick Foles had over 40 NFL starts to Purdy's 7.
Specifically 37 starts, including 1 in the playoffs. Other than his 2nd season in 2013, Foles hadn't played anywhere near the level that Purdy has in the years before his Super Bowl run. Philly let him go and he was on 2 other teams before returning to the Eagles in 2017, so very much the definition of journeyman, replacement-level in my books. Got hot and won the Super Bowl. Dismissing that Purdy can do the same is what I'm referring to,

You guys are the best team we faced all year. Frankly, you are probably the best team that Sirriani and Hurts have ever faced as Eagles. I don't think anyone is giving you no chance. I think we should* win and I personally think that if we don't turn the ball over we can win something like 27-17.

But to be clear it would not shock me in the least for you guys to successfully run the ball, eat clock, keep it low scoring and pull out the win.
Not saying that all Eagles fans are booking their SB tickets but many have their homer goggles on and think the game won't be competitive. It might be that that happens but I think that it will be a good, competitive game as both teams have proven to be the class of the NFC. And of course, I'm pulling for a 49ers win as you are pulling for an Eagles win.

Man, Eagles fans have become the most annoying MFers this week.

I'm skipping the game thread today, Im gonna turn my phone off and enjoy watching the game with no distractions.

Catch yall after the game in this thread.

Last edited:
One last thing:

You have plenty of time to knock out some last minute laundry to wear the same clothes you had on the past two weekends when the 49ers won. Don't be selfish. Be a team player.

Go Niners!

Last edited:
Eagles fans in this forum have actually been 100x more tame than Eagles fans out in the wild. It hasn’t been *that* bad here.
It's mostly been Eagles fans IRL, but this forum has its share. I edited my post with the hope they don't come in here hooting and hollering about it.

I know DVOA isn't the be all end all, but these 2 teams are pretty evenly matched. Anyone calling for a blowout either way is out of their mind. Vegas is smarter than them.

DVOA comp since Week 8 (CMC trade)

PASS
SF OFFENSE : 64.1% (#1)
PHI DEFENSE: -10.0% (#7)

PHI OFFENSE: 21.6% (#5)
SF DEFENSE: -24.1% (#5)

RUN
SF OFFENSE: 9.3% (#3)
PHI DEFENSE: -4.0% (#20)

PHI OFFENSE: 23.4% (#1)
SF DEFENSE -24.1% (#5)

SPECIAL TEAMS
SF: 4.0% (#5)
PHI: 3.3% (#8)

- Lombardi

Dallas hung 40 on PHIs defense, Washington and Green Bay put up 32 and 33.

Where did Wash and GBs offenses rank? Not very high.

Yet SF is gonna get shut down. Right.

There's a lot of recency bias because SF's offense struggled against a good defense last week. And Philly's defense is of a similar quality (I'd say slightly worse but they get a bump from playing at home). It's going to be interesting whether last week was a blip on an otherwise sterling track record since the CMC trade, or if elite defenses are generally capable of bottling SF up. I suspect last week was the outlier but I won't be shocked either way.

There's a lot of recency bias because SF's offense struggled against a good defense last week. And Philly's defense is of a similar quality (I'd say slightly worse but they get a bump from playing at home). It's going to be interesting whether last week was a blip on an otherwise sterling track record since the CMC trade, or if elite defenses are generally capable of bottling SF up. I suspect last week was the outlier but I won't be shocked either way.
Agree on the recency bias. Especially with Philly beating up a mediocre divisional opponent.

After being nervous and all over the place the past 2 weeks, I'm really calm today. My wife doesn't know what to think, she said she's never seen me like this before a big game.

I don't know why or what it means. Maybe I'm subconsciously getting ready for a loss, or maybe deep down I feel like SF is gonna win so I'm not concerned.

Either way, I have no prediction for this game. I just want that 6th championship.

Elijah Mitchell inactive.

####. Kyle will give Coleman carries over Mason.

Mason should be RB2 next season.

Last edited:
There is zero - ZERO reason for Kyle to hold Mason back today. Hes avereged 6 yards a carry this season. Unleash him!!!!

Bosa gonna have to wreak havoc. Kinlaw can erase all of the bust talk for life if he just plays sick today.

Really, the front 4 needs to go bonkers.

You know I don't know if i can ever remember a game when I have been so annoyed by the opposing teams fans. Even all the dallas games the fans have been just that fans...

All week long I have been getting texts and messages from various eagles fans I know with over-the-top garbage and just plain a$$hole messages

For this reason alone I hope the 49ers pull it off today

After being nervous and all over the place the past 2 weeks, I'm really calm today. My wife doesn't know what to think, she said she's never seen me like this before a big game.

I don't know why or what it means. Maybe I'm subconsciously getting ready for a loss, or maybe deep down I feel like SF is gonna win so I'm not concerned.

Either way, I have no prediction for this game. I just want that 6th championship.
That happened to me last week ... no bueno

Bosa gonna have to wreak havoc. Kinlaw can erase all of the bust talk for life if he just plays sick today.

Really, the front 4 needs to go bonkers.
Bosa should be able to get Lane Johnson out of the game quickly ... that could be the key to winning this game

Bosa does have to really play like he did 5 weeks ago today. He's been so quiet of late. He needs to take this game over

You know I don't know if i can ever remember a game when I have been so annoyed by the opposing teams fans. Even all the dallas games the fans have been just that fans...

All week long I have been getting texts and messages from various eagles fans I know with over-the-top garbage and just plain a$$hole messages

Giant Fan ... There are no more hateable fans or players on the planet than Eagles ... GO 9ERs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giant Fan ... There are no more hateable fans or players on the planet than Eagles ... GO 9ERs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea what i learned this week is that I hope the eagles lose to whoever they are playing...there is friendly trash talk and there are being idiots and quite frankly every one of them have been idiots all week long

over confident as well

Users who are viewing this thread