What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***San Francisco at Green Bay*** (-5.5) 47u Shanahan Stuns the Packers! (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Go!

In lieu of many jokes in poor taste and not stopping down to a certain Quarterback's level, in lieu of that we'll simply say that on paper this sure looks like a mismatch at 8:15 on a Sat Night in Lambeau, still you give the Niners an outside chance to keep it tighter than it should, maybe Mitchell has a true breakout game on national TV in front of everyone, but these are long shot scenarios for many. Is Deebo Samuel a long shot though?

Seems too easy to take the Packers and Rodgers, Jimmy G is arguably the 8th best QB this weekend out of the 8 starting QBs. 

Packers 27...Niners 20, and there's a solid chance it's not even that close

Last edited by a moderator:

-OZ-

Footballguy
49ers have a strong defense but have very little chance of pulling this one out. I’ll be cheering for the underdog, just because they’re the underdog.  
49ers keep it somewhat close into the 3rd quarter but in the end, packers by two scores or more. 
GB 31 SF 17

-OZ-

Footballguy
9 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:
No disrespect to JG, but there’s no argument about it. He’s a slightly above average starter whom his own team gave up a LOT to replace him 9 months ago. 
The others include the best 4 in the league, one of the brightest rising stars in the league, another possible HoF QB, and Tannehill is better than Jimmy. 

Uruk-Hai

Footballguy
From a viewing perspective, I want this to be a close game. I've twisted myself into contortions trying to find a way SF wins but, outside of a million GB turnovers, I just don't see it.

Pack rolls, 34-16

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
The Green Bay run defense is going to be key to this game. Forcing Jimmy Grapes to beat them on 3rd and 5+ is going to be trouble for SF. If SF can keep the game on their terms, they have a chance. Ultimately GB with 2 weeks to prepare is too much. 

GB 27-20. 

Rubi

Footballguy
Niners don't seem to have any issues playing on the road. Having said that,The packers are not the cowboys and they are rested and getting healthier,so.....

Green Bay- 31

San Fran- 17

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
-OZ- said:
49ers have a strong defense but have very little chance of pulling this one out. I’ll be cheering for the underdog, just because they’re the underdog.  
49ers keep it somewhat close into the 3rd quarter but in the end, packers by two scores or more. 
GB 31 SF 17
Pretty much this. I'll go with 34-24 GB

farfromforgotten

Footballguy
Over the past decade San Francisco has appeared in 12 playoff games (including the 2 Super Bowls). They are 8-4 over that span. The 4 loses have been by 3, 3, 6, and 11. I’m not saying that Green Bay won’t win this game but the predictions of by a couple TDs seem pretty silly to me. Which there are currently 3 predicting at least that on this thread. The 49ers may play in California but they are usually constructed more like a team to play in these type of conditions. 

I can see a six point difference max here. Which is about where the Vegas line is. 30-24, 27-21, 23-17 all seem like more realistic outcomes to me. 

sho nuff

Footballguy
Packers going with an odd OL starting.  No Bahktiari tonight at all.  Billy Turner at LT over Yosh Nijman who had been playing well.  Not sure I understand that.

travdogg

Footballguy
Packers going with an odd OL starting.  No Bahktiari tonight at all.  Billy Turner at LT over Yosh Nijman who had been playing well.  Not sure I understand that.
Kinda surprised Bahk is sitting. Seemed like he was finally healthy after playing the finale. 

I've got Packers 31, 49ers 16. I think this may be a slight reversal of the playoff game 2 years ago, where the Packers run it down the 49ers throats. AJ Dillon in the freezing cold is not going to be fun to tackle.

sho nuff

Footballguy
Kinda surprised Bahk is sitting. Seemed like he was finally healthy after playing the finale. 

I've got Packers 31, 49ers 16. I think this may be a slight reversal of the playoff game 2 years ago, where the Packers run it down the 49ers throats. AJ Dillon in the freezing cold is not going to be fun to tackle.
Barely practiced this week…they have been hush about it…but has ti be some sort of discomfort there.

My questioning is Turner played poorly at LT last year against TB in the playoffs and has been out himself for a while.    And Njiman has been good this year at LT.  

Hopefully this doesn’t hurt them against this D front.

GreenNGold

Footballguy
These aren't McCarthy's Packers anymore.  Should be an easy win for the Packers, who are probably going to be the only home team to win this weekend. 

Tanner9919

Footballguy
GB gets up big early and never looks back

-or-

SF gets out to an early 10 pt lead.and Shanny chokes as per usual and gives the lead away, losing the game in an eventual blowout.Either way Shanny is the disaster of this game. 

gb33-17

The_Man

Footballguy
Rodgers is like Peyton in his prime now, but maybe with a better arm. He knows the D so well and throws so accurately that you just can’t stop him 

sho nuff

Footballguy
Rodgers in rhythm early…and Jones through the pass game with Adams then hammered home with the Quadfather

Great opening drive.

travdogg

Footballguy
Packers did in 1 drive, what Dallas never even really tried to do. Get the ball out to your playmakers. 

Side note: Apologies to Cooper Kupp, who had an amazing season(maybe OPOY) but the best WR in the NFL is in Green Bay. 

Rodgers is like Peyton in his prime now, but maybe with a better arm. He knows the D so well and throws so accurately that you just can’t stop him 
One could really argue Rodgers is playing the best football of his career in 2020-2021. Imagine thinking that would happen in 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread