What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***San Francisco at Green Bay*** (-5.5) 47u Shanahan Stuns the Packers! (1 Viewer)

Another thing that's interesting. The 49ers were 26 seconds away from not even making the playoffs. As much as I'm ripping Garoppolo and am pessimistic about their chances. Major kudos to Kyle Shanahan for getting them this far, against seemingly all odds. I think there is a reasonable argument the 49ers have the best HC currently in the playoffs. Its him or Reid for my money.

I really like the niners chances of getting to the sb.    Front 4 that can really get after the qb.   We all know that's been the way to beat Brady.   That bucs offense just isn't the same without Godwin,brown and fournette.   Will be a defensive slugfest.   

I haven't seen much of the 49ers this year but today I did see a lot of good passes bounce off WR hands.
You should have also noticed a few more balls that should have been picked as well. If Jimmy starts moving around chaos ensues. His quick hitters on slants is about all he’s got going for him right now. 

Eh, they have to a) first win a road game against a team QB'd by Tom Brady, and then b) beat the 49ers who have owned them for years now. 

Rams appear to be the least likely team now to make it out of the NFC. 
If it was tennis or golf I would still bet on Brady at this stage but considering it is a team sport I will take my chances on the Rams. coaching- check, complete team- check, QB- check.

Tampa Bay- tough to repeat and they have a ton of injuries

49ers- team is good but not good enough to overcome horrible QB play, he got away with 2 or 3 pick sixes tonight

I'm in Detroit and still have no idea how to value Stafford. One of the best arms in the game, tough as hell, but has not put his team on his shoulders to win a meaningful game. He may be able to now in LA, but probably just needs to do enough to advance to the SB IMO.

I really like the niners chances of getting to the sb.    Front 4 that can really get after the qb.   We all know that's been the way to beat Brady.   That bucs offense just isn't the same without Godwin,brown and fournette.   Will be a defensive slugfest.   
Fournette is playing tomorrow. 

Fournette is back, and one could argue they are better without Brown. As great a player as he is(and he was still arguably a top-5 WR when healthy this year) he's just not worth the headache. 

If it was tennis or golf I would still bet on Brady at this stage but considering it is a team sport I will take my chances on the Rams. coaching- check, complete team- check, QB- check.

Tampa Bay- tough to repeat and they have a ton of injuries
TB has 1 major injury, just Godwin. Nobody else of serious importance is out. Rams are missing Whitfield which could be huge, and I don't think I'd give the Rams the coaching edge either. 

IF Deebo and Kittle are near 100% healthy for next week, and IF Shanahan can get some plays mixed in for Trey Lance, the 49ers have a real chance of moving on to the SB. 

They are running/clock control/good Defense and Special Teams type of team....and that can be a deadly combo in the post season. 

Tonight, they stole one without a good run game....but if they get that back on track, look out. That defensive front 4 is NASTY.

Fournette is back. 

I’d much rather see the Rams. Niners bad against the pass & secondary’s a mess, and TB stuff the run, which the Niners need to do to win.

it’s a bad matchup any way you slice it.

and the Niners historically own McVay.

Go Rams - it’s the Niners best shot at the SB. 

49ers might be the first team in recent history who is going to the conference championship game, and their own fans want a QB change. Goes to show how much luck is involved. At the risk of rehashing an earlier conversation from the AFC game. I think Tannehill played better than Garoppolo today. Every Tannehill mistake ended up being a Bengals turnover. The Packers let Jimmy G off the hook all but 1 time, on at least 4 potential INT's, including 2 that would have been pick-6s. 

Not going to take anything away from the 49ers, they won and that's all that matters, but their QB is easily the worst guy left, and is the weakest part of the team. They are halfway there, but boy its hard to run the table ever(especially in today's NFL) when that is the case. 

If I'm a 49ers fan, I'm heavily rooting for the Rams. You don't want Jimmy G having to keep up with Tom Brady on the road in a high pressure game, that has implosion written all over it. Plus you already swept LA, and assuming Deebo isn't hurt too badly, have a bit of a formula for beating them.
This might not count as "recent" but the Ravens ditched Trent Dilfer after WINNING the Super Bowl. He didn't want to leave; he got dumped for Elvis Grbac. 

I agree he's the worst remaining QB, but many of the league's top QBs are left. And he's one of three (out of six) left with SB experience. 

Tonight, they stole one without a good run game....but if they get that back on track, look out. That defensive front 4 is NASTY.
They had some good runs, but there’s no question those weather conditions made it rough on them. And the Packers run defense was respectable since they were back at something resembling full strength. 

Good weather I’m not as concerned about the Niners offense.

That defense tho :wub:  

👀 

per Adam Schefter

Packers now head into the off-season projected to be $44.8 million over the salary cap, the NFL’s second most challenging off-season position behind only the New Orleans Saints.

This is before the team attempts to re-sign or tag Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams. Major decisions loom.

:sadbanana:

Sigh He is one of 22 players no picks. No fumbles. Played well enough to win a game in the snow. No running game and bas special teams cost the TEAM the game. 
Scoring 3 points in the last 3 1/2 quarters is not playing well enough to win the game. That is fine for a game manager but not for an elite QB. At some point Rodgers has to make plays and he did not. It never should have come down to special teams. 

Scoring 3 points in the last 3 1/2 quarters is not playing well enough to win the game. That is fine for a game manager but not for an elite QB. At some point Rodgers has to make plays and he did not. It never should have come down to special teams. 
:shrug:  OK. If you say so. 

That was a tough game to be at.  Quietest I’ve ever heard Lambeau….when Gould kicked the game winning FG.   As horrific as the blocked punt must have felt when watching on TV, I can assure you it felt worse in person.

Good luck next week Niners.  If it comes down to y’all, don’t let cheater Tom Brady make it to another Super Bowl.
Sorry for your loss my friend. That must have been a cold and difficult game to be at. That said, you got to go to that game! 

Best of luck to the Pack in the post-Rogers era. 

Users who are viewing this thread