What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***San Francisco at Green Bay*** (-5.5) 47u Shanahan Stuns the Packers! (1 Viewer)

Football Perspective@fbgchase

There have been just 3 times in NFL playoff history where a team tied or took the lead on a special teams touchdown in the 4th quarter or overtime.

1. Music City Miracle

2. Ravens blocked FG against 2000 Titans to take 17-10 lead

3. 49ers last night against Green Bay

----------------------------------------------------------

Football Perspective@fbgchase

This was the biggest punt block in the history of the NFL playoffs

Next Gen Stats@NextGenStats

49ers Blocked Punt Return TD # of Rushers: 6 Blocked By: #94 Jordan Willis Return TD: #29 Talanoa Hufanga » #49ers win probability increased from 16% to 41% as a result of the punt block TD (now tied 10-10) #SFvsGB | #FTTB

LINK to animation
That may all be true but if Rodgers had put up more than 3 points in the last 3 1/2 quarters the punt block would not have mattered. The Packers also went 3 and out on the drives immediately before and after the punt block. 

Special teams definitely was part of why they lost but the lack of offense was a big factor if not the biggest in the loss.

I should have the thread know I sent Mr.Pack an apology for the other night. No excuses. Bad weekend for me. Thanks for indulging me, guys. 

Peace. 

That may all be true but if Rodgers had put up more than 3 points in the last 3 1/2 quarters the punt block would not have mattered. The Packers also went 3 and out on the drives immediately before and after the punt block. 

Special teams definitely was part of why they lost but the lack of offense was a big factor if not the biggest in the loss.
LINK to chart

Kevin Cole@KevinColePFF

ICYMI. I went through the playoff career performances of Aaron Rodgers and showed that the idea he shrinks in the playoffs is false. In fact, he looks much better compared to Tom Brady and not that much different that Patrick Mahomes

Kevin Cole@KevinColePFF

All of Aaron Rodgers playoff performances by PFF grade and EPA per play. Only four out of 21 with below average efficiency

Show this thread

Users who are viewing this thread