What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scary Movie Madness GROUP 2 (1 Viewer)

Best of 1930-1959

• Godzilla

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • The Bad Seed

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I Walked with a Zombie

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Dracula

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • Freaks

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Null my vote

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ilov80s

Footballguy
I have heard you. 

Same set-up but instead of taking top 2 from last group, I will take the winners from those groups and pit them against the winners from here. Poll closes 5:00 PM Halloween. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is, uh, interesting.   In the 1st group I think 3 are legit bad movies - It, Drac, and Saw.   28 Days Later fell apart in the 3rd act for me, so it was down to Silence and It Follows.  I will be an old grump and say that Silence isn't a horror movie, so It Follows got my vote.  

Group 2 is a great group of movies and might be the hardest group of the 6 so far.   Nightmare was the first R horror movie I saw and it was what hooked me into the genre.  I like E.D. better than the sequel - a little grittier and creepier, and Night of the Living Dead is a classic.  For me it came down to Exorcist and Halloween and I gave the slight edge to The Exorcist

Last group was between Freaks and Dracula, and went Freaks here.   Haven't seen I Walked with a Zombie.  

@Ilov80s

So like the other one, is this the best movie of the group or the scariest movie of the group.

And what to do if I don't think none of them are scary in that section?

If IT is the recent one, it's been on HBO a lot lately and it has really grown on me. It got my vote.

This one is, uh, interesting.   In the 1st group I think 3 are legit bad movies - It, Drac, and Saw.   28 Days Later fell apart in the 3rd act for me, so it was down to Silence and It Follows.  I will be an old grump and say that Silence isn't a horror movie, so It Follows got my vote.  

Group 2 is a great group of movies and might be the hardest group of the 6 so far.   Nightmare was the first R horror movie I saw and it was what hooked me into the genre.  I like E.D. better than the sequel - a little grittier and creepier, and Night of the Living Dead is a classic.  For me it came down to Exorcist and Halloween and I gave the slight edge to The Exorcist

Last group was between Freaks and Dracula, and went Freaks here.   Haven't seen I Walked with a Zombie.  
Saying Saw was a bad movie is blasphemy. 

In the 1st group I think 3 are legit bad movies - It, Drac, and Saw.  
I voted for It thinking it was the 1990 miniseries.  Not sure what the intention of the listing is.

Tim Curry's Pennywise is up there with the scariest ####ing things ever.

I voted for It thinking it was the 1990 miniseries.  Not sure what the intention of the listing is.

Tim Curry's Pennywise is up there with the scariest ####ing things ever.
I assumed it was the new one, which was a huge whiff, IMO.  Could be wrong (on the fact that it's the new version, not that it was a whiff)

Doesn't matter to me, just however you want to look at it.
@Ilov80s

I still think you need another entry for ones that haven't seen any of the movies in that section.

For instance, I have never seen any of the movies in the last section and have no plans on seeing any of them, so it won't accept an empty vote in that section.

@Ilov80s

I still think you need another entry for ones that haven't seen any of the movies in that section.

For instance, I have never seen any of the movies in the last section and have no plans on seeing any of them, so it won't accept an empty vote in that section.
I added it but I am not happy about it

These polls makes me realize how few horror movies I watch.  Not really a genre that does a lot for me, TBH.

Went 28 Days / Exorcist / Freaks. 

I agree with others that Silence isn't a horror movie.  It Follows was my runner-up in that category.

Spoiler alert - Exorcist is my favorite horror of all-time and in my overall Top 10.  I will vote it over anything else horror related.  Halloween slightly over NotLD for runner-up.

Freaks isn't scary but it's etched in my brain and is among the strangest movies I have ever seen.  Dracula a distant runner-up here.

Spoiler alert - Exorcist is my favorite horror of all-time and in my overall Top 10.  I will vote it over anything else horror related.  Halloween slightly over NotLD for runner-up.
Why is this a spoiler alert?  "Fun Fact" maybe, but not spoiler alert worthy.

Silence of the Lambs is not a horror movie
Psychological horror thriller. It’s about people eating other people and killing people to wear their skin. It’s scary stuff and it’s more real than Frankenstein or Exorcist.

It

Nightmare on Elm St - The first movie had my younger self scared out of my mind.  Dark corners, under the bed.  Man I remember being freaked out over Freddy.

Abbott & Costello Meets Frankenstein got my vote.  Loved those old time movies.  :thumbup:

Voted 28 days / Freddy / NULL

No Child's Play?  Call me whatever names you want for being scared by a doll.

I saw the first one when I was like 7 or 8.  My brother had a My Buddy doll and terrorized me with it.  He put it in my bed, under the covers, the same night I watched that damn movie.  Then he started hiding it all over the house for me to unexpectedly find.  #### that doll.  And #### him.

ETA:  I used to beat the #### out of that doll when other people were around.  I figured I was safe, because I knew from the movies that he'd only show himself when you were alone.

Users who are viewing this thread