What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scooter question? (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
The below scooter advertises ABEC-7 bearings, does that mean that i can just purchase any abec-7 bearings from a skate store or do you think they are custom because of the larger size of the tire.

I don't want to purchase a scooter that i can't replace the bearing/wheels.

However, I would prefer a scooter with larger tires because of the imperfections of the pathway in spots. I know the smaller wheeled scooters at skate shops repurpose roller blade tires and skate board bearings for their nice skooters.

Edit:
I called my local skateboard shops and I have spent time googling. But google is awful anymore. Try scrolling by the 10 pages of SEO curated BS to find a real website anymore.

Last edited:
I had a cheaper one with big wheels already and the answer is yes they use standard abec bearings.

I still have not found a good source for replaceable tires though, which is what i need before i put down this kind of coin on a skooter.

May I suggest this instead? Ripper

I have thought about it, for reference i was a pretty decent snowboarder, could easily do 80% of double blacks at big sky, jackson hole, etc. I have also wakeboarded ~10 times or so. However i have never learned to skateboard and at 41 years old i am not sure i want to learn how.

The path behind our house is also not the smoothest, this is why i want the larger tires from the scooter, i am not sure how well a skateboard would do.

Unless you can convince me how easy it is to learn skateboarding in middle age, i don't think i am buying it.

I have thought about it, for reference i was a pretty decent snowboarder, could easily do 80% of double blacks at big sky, jackson hole, etc. I have also wakeboarded ~10 times or so. However i have never learned to skateboard and at 41 years old i am not sure i want to learn how.

The path behind our house is also not the smoothest, this is why i want the larger tires from the scooter, i am not sure how well a skateboard would do.

Unless you can convince me how easy it is to learn skateboarding in middle age, i don't think i am buying it.
I understand, I was just joking. I was a skateboarder from 13 years old to this very day (52 now). The joke being skateboarders can't stand the scooter "kids". :lol:

I understand, I was just joking. I was a skateboarder from 13 years old to this very day (52 now). The joke being skateboarders can't stand the scooter "kids". :lol:
Can anyone stand "scooter kids"?

@MTskibum and @STBootleg , gotta ask, as you guys are middle aged folks are you at all concerned about cracking your skull or busting your face while you ride at this point in your life? I admit I am no daredevil but the idea of getting on a skateboard or scooter at 57 gives me shivers. One bad fall years back that alm0st didn't work out for me was enough to call it a day, I'll never get on one again.

@MTskibum and @STBootleg , gotta ask, as you guys are middle aged folks are you at all concerned about cracking your skull or busting your face while you ride at this point in your life? I admit I am no daredevil but the idea of getting on a skateboard or scooter at 57 gives me shivers. One bad fall years back that alm0st didn't work out for me was enough to call it a day, I'll never get on one again.

Not really, I don't do anything too crazy.

I have taken my kids to the skate park a few times but I don't go far up the half pipe or get more than 1" of air if I get any at all.

I've been doing since the mid 80's through now, maybe with a year or two off in between and I've only worn a helmet when the park requires it.
I was just so used to it that I never gave it much thought. I'm not doing tricks like I did in my teens, more just cruising the parks and grinding on mini ramps.

I did however fall last year just pushing down the street and hit a pebble, landed on my wrist and it gave me trouble for months. That led me to get wrist guards because it messed with my mind for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread