What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scoring Systems (1 Viewer)

thejag

Footballguy
This is the first season for our IDP Dynasty league, and I'm looking for a scoring system that levels the field a little, where IDPs aren't an afterthought.

What kind of scoring systems do you guys use?

We start 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB.

Our scoring is currently as follows:

Solo Tackles: 1pt

Assisted Tackles: .5 pts

Fumble Recovery: 3pts

Interception: 3pts

Sack: 2pt

Forced Fumble: 3pts

Blocked Kick: 4pts

Safety: 2pts

Passes Defensed: 1pt

Kickoff Return Yards: 1 point per 25

Punt Return Yards: 1 point per 10

Punt Return TD: 6pts

Kick Return TD: 6pts

Blocked FG TD: 6pts

Missed FG Return TD: 6pts

Blocked Punt TD: 6pts

Fumble/Interception Return TD: 6pts

Blocked Punt, FG or PAT: 4pts

Thanks for any help.

I really like the IDP scoring in our dynasty PPR league.

Tackles - 2

Assists - 1

Sacks - 3

Interceptions - 3

Forced fumble - 2

Fumble recovery - 2

Pass defense - 1

Safety - 5

Defensive TD - 6

Return yards (fumble, interception, punt, kickoff) - 1 per 25yds

The higher tackle/assist numbers mean that the best defensive players are at least close to on par with the best offensive players. For example, last season our top IDP (LB D'Qwell Jackson) was 23rd in overall scoring.

Edited to add that for IDP we start 2DL/2LB/2DB and 1 flex. That means we start 7 IDPs, 7 offensive players, and 1 kicker, which I think is nice for balance as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first season for our IDP Dynasty league, and I'm looking for a scoring system that levels the field a little, where IDPs aren't an afterthought. What kind of scoring systems do you guys use? We start 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB. Our scoring is currently as follows:Solo Tackles: 1ptAssisted Tackles: .5 ptsFumble Recovery: 3ptsInterception: 3ptsSack: 2ptForced Fumble: 3ptsBlocked Kick: 4ptsSafety: 2ptsPasses Defensed: 1ptKickoff Return Yards: 1 point per 25 Punt Return Yards: 1 point per 10Punt Return TD: 6ptsKick Return TD: 6ptsBlocked FG TD: 6ptsMissed FG Return TD: 6ptsBlocked Punt TD: 6ptsFumble/Interception Return TD: 6ptsBlocked Punt, FG or PAT: 4ptsThanks for any help.
that's about exactly what we use, but I find idp's to be a little fungible.rest of my league likes it, but they aren't really into idp.

Users who are viewing this thread