What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scott Pioli is going to KC (1 Viewer)

I just got a call from a guy whose brother works for the Chiefs and it is apparently a done deal.And Good Morning America just had it flash across their bottom scroll as well.Don't know all the details yet, but am happy it is Pioli.
I have been reading these rumors as well, as of this morning....other message boards have said the same thing. I looked on abcnews.com, and could not find anything.I will be sooo happy if this is true!!

Interesting. From the rumors I've stumbled on it seemed as if they thought he wasn't really interested in the job. If they land him good job for Clev.

ETA...oops nevermind it's KC not Clev...

Last edited by a moderator:
A Pats fan mentioned seeing this link on ArrowheadPride.com, fwiw:

Pioli!! As per chiefsblog.kansascity.com

Tiny by RedDawn on Jan 7, 2009 7:00 PM CST

Update from someone inside the Chiefs organization!! Submitted by Rocky Alden on January 7, 2009 - 6:13pm.

Okay gang, as many of you know I still have friends at the highest level in the Chiefs organization and have this info to share with full confidence: Scott Pioli is the new GM. His announcement will come Thursday or Friday at the latest. Clark and Scott are working out the finer points of his contract tonight, but the deal is sealed. Also, Clark informed Herm Edwards and his coaching staff that they will be released. All assistants can reapply through Scott.

I only share this information because I'm no longer with the team and it's fun to share that a new day is dawning at Arrowhead. Scott Pioli will quickly move to clean out the front office and hire a new coach.

The only info I have on the new coach is it will not be Kirk Ferentz from the Iowa Hawkeyes. Kirk coaches his son at Iowa and does not want to leave until his son graduates.

Mike Shanahan has contacted Pioli, but I don't know any info beyond that.

I just got a call from a guy whose brother works for the Chiefs and it is apparently a done deal.And Good Morning America just had it flash across their bottom scroll as well.Don't know all the details yet, but am happy it is Pioli.
Congrats... Sounds like better days ahead for KC and no more Herm.

Hopefully for us LJ owners it will be announced soon that Herm is let go...
I don't think Herm should bear the brunt of the blame for LJ, as a lot of it is on LJ himself. Herm has always liked to heavily utilize a workhorse back, such as with Curtis Martin, and even before this year with LJ. LJ's attitude, the crappy team around him, and the porous defense are another aspect that has limited LJ's effectiveness.All that said, change is likely only to be good for LJ.

JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :hophead:
Hopefully, Big Tuna doesn't read these boards as he's married to Tuna's daughter.

JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :unsure:
But can he put together a good draft? :popcorn:

Google news doesn't have any confirmation. Here's a nugget from a recent news story that appears relevant to predicting Pioli to KC...

Rumors have swirled that Pioli may want complete control of football operations wherever he goes, but Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has stated that he will seperate the president and general manager positions, both of which were previously held by Carl Peterson.

JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. ;)
Odd that she would not come forward with such accusations.Given your username, are you a Giants fan, a Jets fan, or an Eagles fan? Not that I would imply you have an agenda...

Good hire for the Chiefs. If they also land Shanny, they'd go from having (as of the beginning of this past season) arguably the worst GM-head coach combo in their division to the best.

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :potkettle:
Odd that she would not come forward with such accusations.Given your username, are you a Giants fan, a Jets fan, or an Eagles fan? Not that I would imply you have an agenda...
YTF would she want to come forward? I'm an Eagles fan and no, I don't have an agenda.
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :(

I wonder if KC succomed to Pioli's ridiculous demands or if they talked him down a bit.
:popcorn: Don't believe everything you read, especially some one-line garbage from some scrub Cleveland beat-writer. Already debunked.
It was said by the team owner, not the beat writer, it's why talks with Piloli died as fast as they started. He wants the equivalent to the same role Carl Peterson used to have, I'm curious to see if this is what he was given and if not what got him to lower his demands.

MAC_32 said:
I wonder if KC succomed to Pioli's ridiculous demands or if they talked him down a bit.
:lmao: Don't believe everything you read, especially some one-line garbage from some scrub Cleveland beat-writer.

Already debunked.
It was said by the team owner, not the beat writer, it's why talks with Piloli died as fast as they started. He wants the equivalent to the same role Carl Peterson used to have, I'm curious to see if this is what he was given and if not what got him to lower his demands.
Right, because Lerner is above some double speak? :unsure: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/08/looking-fo...rs-from-lerner/

MAC_32 said:
:lmao: Don't believe everything you read, especially some one-line garbage from some scrub Cleveland beat-writer.

Already debunked.
Right, because Lerner is above some double speak? :unsure: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/08/looking-fo...rs-from-lerner/
Hmm, now I'm curious...

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :yes:
YTF would she want to come forward? I'm an Eagles fan and no, I don't have an agenda.
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :no:
So you're saying that the average reader of this message board believes that everything they read here is a reflection of what FBG's staff and ownership thinks? Couldn't that be fixed with a simple disclaimer, and in any event isn't that pretty much the opposite of the way that people view message boards nowadays?

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :goodposting:
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :lmao:
So you're saying that the average reader of this message board believes that everything they read here is a reflection of what FBG's staff and ownership thinks? Couldn't that be fixed with a simple disclaimer, and in any event isn't that pretty much the opposite of the way that people view message boards nowadays?
I believe what Jason is referring to involves unfounded rumors that get spread that somehow made it onto the FBG message boards. Even though FBG ownership and staff did not post them or proliferate them, others could elect to sue FBG whether they did anything improper or not. So FBG owners would be forced to spend resources on legal representation defending themselves which could have been avoided by not posting speculation and rumors of inflammatory information. From what I have heard, similar things have already occurred in the past and I'm pretty sure they want to limit their exposure to potential problems.At least that's what I think Jason is saying.

MAC_32 said:

Already debunked.
Right, because Lerner is above some double speak? :lmao: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/08/looking-fo...rs-from-lerner/
Hmm, now I'm curious...
Right, like who his two sources are. Something didn't jive between Pioli and Lerner, that is for sure. If it was Mangini and Mangini alone, then I'll be slightly suprised.

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :rant:
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :popcorn:
I believe what Jason is referring to involves unfounded rumors that get spread that somehow made it onto the FBG message boards. Even though FBG ownership and staff did not post them or proliferate them, others could elect to sue FBG whether they did anything improper or not. So FBG owners would be forced to spend resources on legal representation defending themselves which could have been avoided by not posting speculation and rumors of inflammatory information. From what I have heard, similar things have already occurred in the past and I'm pretty sure they want to limit their exposure to potential problems.At least that's what I think Jason is saying.
Precisely. Accusing someone of committing adultery when it's unfounded is a rocky thing to begin with; and even if it were true, there's no way it can be proven on a message board so it's better for us to not endure those kinds of comments.

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :rant:
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :popcorn:
Precisely. Accusing someone of committing adultery when it's unfounded is a rocky thing to begin with; and even if it were true, there's no way it can be proven on a message board so it's better for us to not endure those kinds of comments.
How far are we going to take this? Accusing a player of not working hard in the offseason, which is equally unprovable on a message board?

In the posters defense, it was only "attempted adultery." :)

How far are we going to take this? Accusing a player of not working hard in the offseason, which is equally unprovable on a message board?
If you want to state your opinion that PLAYER X is dogging it, knock yourself out. But accusing someone of infidelity is a little different, as is shouting fire in a movie theater.How would you like it if someone said you were playing the field and your wife read it and wanted to sue us -- whether it was true or not. What are we supposed to do then?It's not our policy as individuals, so don't shoot the messangers.

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :eek:
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :(
David covered this already. Stating an opinion about a player or coach or GM's work ethic, job performance, etc...is entirely different than stating as fact that they've committed adultery.

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :lmao:
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. ;)
David covered this already. Stating an opinion about a player or coach or GM's work ethic, job performance, etc...is entirely different than stating as fact that they've committed adultery.
I certainly did not state that anyone committed adultery, but apologies nonetheless to the mods for causing unnecessary ruckus. No harm intended. :(

JerseyEagles said:
JerseyEagles said:
dude's a scumbag, used to incessantly call a friend of mine who interned w/ the pats to try and have her meet up w/ him at random hotels in CT, not during his single days either. :unsure:
Hey JerseyEagles,I don't doubt for a second that you believe what you're saying, and in no way am I suggesting it doesn't reflect poorly on his character if, in fact, it is true. That said, this really isn't the outlet for that kind of unfounded commentary. Just put yourself in our position, you're making an accusation that, almost by definition, can't be proven, about a high profile guy. And our board, with its daily traffic, is a place a lot of folks come through. Point being, please refrain from these kinds of comments/accusations because they only invite trouble and could unintentionally reflect badly on us. :wub:
I certainly did not state that anyone committed adultery, but apologies nonetheless to the mods for causing unnecessary ruckus. No harm intended. :(
True, technically you didn't. But you said Pioli attempted to commit adultery repeatedly. Either way, let's just keep those kind of personal attacks off the board. :bag: Thanks JerseyEagles

I certainly did not state that anyone committed adultery, but apologies nonetheless to the mods for causing unnecessary ruckus. No harm intended. :headbang:
True, technically you didn't. But you said Pioli attempted to commit adultery repeatedly. Either way, let's just keep those kind of personal attacks off the board. :bow: Thanks JerseyEagles
Wait, was it a "personal attack" or a "statement of fact" that was "unprovable on a message board"?

Interesting. From the rumors I've stumbled on it seemed as if they thought he wasn't really interested in the job. If they land him good job for Clev. ETA...oops nevermind it's KC not Clev...
When I saw the news concerning Mangini, I thought Cleveland might actually be close to snagging Pioli too. I'm dissappointed to see KC get him, but good for KC.

Any further word on this? I haven't seen anything at all about it except in this thread.

Any further word on this? I haven't seen anything at all about it except in this thread.
I read today on kffl.com :Chiefs | Pioli reportedly offered general manager's job

Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:55:18 -0800

Karen Guregian, of the Boston Herald, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered New England Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli the role of general manager, according to 610 Sports in Kansas City. The station cites sources who claim money and control over football operations as two major sticking points the sides are still haggling over.

link: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

I read today on kffl.com :Chiefs | Pioli reportedly offered general manager's job

Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:55:18 -0800

Karen Guregian, of the Boston Herald, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered New England Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli the role of general manager, according to 610 Sports in Kansas City. The station cites sources who claim money and control over football operations as two major sticking points the sides are still haggling over.

link: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
The longer this drags out the more likely I think Pioli stays. Anyone know how prideful Hunt is? Will he basically break it off because it's dragging out and making KC look bad? I had read they are already interviewing Casserly and someone else, dunno if it's just smokescreen/negotiating tactics or if it's legit ...

Users who are viewing this thread