What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks Will Crush the Panthers (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Paging John Fox...the NFL has kindly requested that you return the smoke and mirrors.After a hard fought victory the Panthers will limp onto a plane to trek across the county to face a Seahawk team that's well rested and cruised in their first playoff game. The Cat's running game is crippled with the lost of Foster and will have to rely on a 3rd string back. Add to that the injury of one of the most feared defensive linemen in the league and we're looking at a blowout. I'd run thru a matchup of the players by position, but they would all favor the Seahawks save the WR1 position which would be a slight advantage to the Panthers. Surely the Seahawks will have seen enough film to cover Smith. The superiority of the Seattle offense doesn't merit further discussion. I would have considered the defenses about equal until I saw Rex freaking Grossman march up and down the field at will with WRs that pail in comparsion to what Seattle has.History alone will tell you that a team doesn't win four consecutive must win games. No team has ever beaten three division winners as a wildcard to advance to the Super Bowl. When you add up the league's MVP + Walter Jones + a huge home field advantage to the equation, you better make sure the hotline to your man is open to load up on Seattle. Early line is +4.5...who scheduled Christmas in January this year?Final Score: SEATTLE 38, CAROLINA 17 Let's try to keep this thread focused on the game unlike the Shick! merged thread that has turned into a discuss of superheros and Smoo fantasties.

I liked the original in with the other thread. Your jinx is not working this time. Seeing we this is already in the game thread, can we have this deleted. Thanks in advance. ;)

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the original in with the other thread. Your jinx is not working this time. Seeing we this is already in the game thread, can we have this deleted. Thanks in advance. ;)

LINK
Yeah I agree. Here's what I said as to not mess up my mojo:This shtick is working for you so....

Reverse psychology: Panthers will crush the Seahawks 38-17. Thanks.

The Panthers will be lucky to cross the 50 yard line against this vaunted Seattle Defense. Everyone knows this was really the best defense in the NFL this year, not the Chicago Bears. The Panthers won that game on 2 plays where the Chicago DBs fell down. How lucky can you get? Jake Delhomme is a choker in big games where Matt Hassleback always rises to the occasion. Remember the Superbowl 2 years ago? Hassleback will show him how it's really done come playoff time. And Alexander verses Nick Goings? He will have 4 times the yards Goings gets. Yea the Panthers shut down Tiki Barber, but the Giants didn't have any linebackers, otherwise Barber would have had another 200yd game. All Seattle has to worry about is covering Steve Smith. Ray Rhodes, the genius he is, will come up with a gameplan for him. The entire secondary will be watching Smith since they don't have to worry about covering anyone else. This one trick pony has come to an end Panthers. It's time to give up the facade and allow the SEAHAWKS their first trip to the big game. See ya next year Panthers. :bye:

It should be a pretty good game....Unless Shaun Alexander freezes up again like he did against WASH. Then SEA will start to have it a little rougher....

The Panthers will be lucky to cross the 50 yard line against this vaunted Seattle Defense. Everyone knows this was really the best defense in the NFL this year, not the Chicago Bears. The Panthers won that game on 2 plays where the Chicago DBs fell down. How lucky can you get? Jake Delhomme is a choker in big games where Matt Hassleback always rises to the occasion. Remember the Superbowl 2 years ago? Hassleback will show him how it's really done come playoff time.

And Alexander verses Nick Goings? He will have 4 times the yards Goings gets. Yea the Panthers shut down Tiki Barber, but the Giants didn't have any linebackers, otherwise Barber would have had another 200yd game. All Seattle has to worry about is covering Steve Smith. Ray Rhodes, the genius he is, will come up with a gameplan for him. The entire secondary will be watching Smith since they don't have to worry about covering anyone else.

This one trick pony has come to an end Panthers. It's time to give up the facade and allow the SEAHAWKS their first trip to the big game. See ya next year Panthers. :bye:
Delhomme is a choker???? He has the best playoff QB rating in the NFL

The Panthers will be lucky to cross the 50 yard line against this vaunted Seattle Defense. Everyone knows this was really the best defense in the NFL this year, not the Chicago Bears. The Panthers won that game on 2 plays where the Chicago DBs fell down. How lucky can you get? Jake Delhomme is a choker in big games where Matt Hassleback always rises to the occasion. Remember the Superbowl 2 years ago? Hassleback will show him how it's really done come playoff time.

And Alexander verses Nick Goings? He will have 4 times the yards Goings gets. Yea the Panthers shut down Tiki Barber, but the Giants didn't have any linebackers, otherwise Barber would have had another 200yd game. All Seattle has to worry about is covering Steve Smith. Ray Rhodes, the genius he is, will come up with a gameplan for him. The entire secondary will be watching Smith since they don't have to worry about covering anyone else.

This one trick pony has come to an end Panthers. It's time to give up the facade and allow the SEAHAWKS their first trip to the big game. See ya next year Panthers.  :bye:
Look up your stats before posting. :bye:

Delhomme is a choker????  He has the best playoff QB rating in the NFL
Did you hear that? That was the sound of this thread going over your head.
Delhomme 05 Playoff rating is over 112. I'm not a CAR fan, and without Peppers I think they will have a real hard time winning. However, SEA has never done anything but choke in the playoffs. Even before Alexander went down with his Concussion last week he looked like a deer caught in headlights trying to run the ball. He looked nothing like he did in the regular season, he looked like he had no idea where to run.

I have nothing more to say(that's a lie) Seahawks go to the Super Bowl, then what? :confused:

This one trick pony has come to an end Panthers. It's time to give up the facade and allow the SEAHAWKS their first trip to the big game. See ya next year Panthers. :bye:
Look up your stats before posting. :bye:
Whooooooosssshhhhh :bye:

I have nothing more to say(that's a lie) Seahawks go to the Super Bowl, then what? :confused:
Then you guys get crushed by a superior AFC team, just by a whole lot less then the Panthers would be crushed.Seriously, isn't the Super Bowl being played in Denver this weekend?

Who's the number 2 WR in Seattle most of the time? Joe J. would be a huge matchup problem for the Panthers.

Delhomme has a 105.1 passer rating in five career postseason games, the second-highest of any quarterback since 1970
LinkThis was last week and had rating of 120.1 vs CHI...

Did hear something on Sportscenter last night that he has the highest playoff rating of any QB with 150+ attempts.

Edit: More

Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme has the highest postseason quarterback rating of any signal caller in NFL history also favors the underdog.
http://www.picksfootball.com/Default.asp

Paging John Fox...the NFL has kindly requested that you return the smoke and mirrors.

After a hard fought victory the Panthers will limp onto a plane to trek across the county to face a Seahawk team that's well rested and cruised in their first playoff game. The Cat's running game is crippled with the lost of Foster and will have to rely on a 3rd string back. Add to that the injury of one of the most feared defensive linemen in the league and we're looking at a blowout. I'd run thru a matchup of the players by position, but they would all favor the Seahawks save the WR1 position which would be a slight advantage to the Panthers. Surely the Seahawks will have seen enough film to cover Smith. The superiority of the Seattle offense doesn't merit further discussion. I would have considered the defenses about equal until I saw Rex freaking Grossman march up and down the field at will with WRs that pail in comparsion to what Seattle has.

History alone will tell you that a team doesn't win four consecutive must win games. No team has ever beaten three division winners as a wildcard to advance to the Super Bowl. When you add up the league's MVP + Walter Jones + a huge home field advantage to the equation, you better make sure the hotline to your man is open to load up on Seattle. Early line is +4.5...who scheduled Christmas in January this year?

Final Score: SEATTLE 38, CAROLINA 17

Let's try to keep this thread focused on the game unlike the Shick! merged thread that has turned into a discuss of superheros and Smoo fantasties.
:thumbdown: you keep telling yourself that!..look, carolina has a better defense than you give them credit for. lets not forget that it'll take 3 guys or more to cover Steve Smith, so how many are they going to use to stack the line of scrimmage???

Nick Goings is a great fill-in player, and does things Foster doesn't do particularly well, such as running hard inside, between the tackles..the strength of the Seattle defense might be its front seven, but its back 4 are flimsy...you'll see Smith open all day long against that secondary, and Carolina can run on ANYONE with the line they have...

what this game comes down to is this: can Matt Hasselbeck win a big game like this or not??? to this point, he has NOT been able to do so, he did beat a washington team with NO offense last week, but this is a real test...

he nearly had 2 passes picked off for TD's last week vs. Washington. he threw an int-for-td vs. GB in an overtime loss in the playoffs a few years back..he has not been a good post season QB ,up to this point..

I'll take the Carolina coaching staff over the Seattle coaching staff, any day of the week..obviously you know very little about Dan Henning's coaching abilities in these type of games..the bigger the game,the better he is at designing schemes to confuse defenses...Ray Rhodes and his posse better be ready come Sunday, they won't know what hit them...

how many times has Seattle, under Mike Holmgren, been a playoff team? how many playoff games have they won in TEAM HISTORY, how many Championship games have they played in, and how many postseason games have they lost with Hasselbeck at QB?

who'd they play this year to get to this point?? oh,thats right...SF, St Lou, Az for 6 games..what do they have between them , 7 total wins or something like that?!?! they've played a pancake schedule , ala the Indy Colts..

Carolina went into Philly two years ago,and destroyed the always-tough @ home Eagles in the NFC Championship Game..they nearly won a SB that year, if not for Tom Brady and Vinitieri, they WOULD have won..that NE defense was GREAT and they still couldn't even stop Smith..with BELLICHICK & Crennell coaching the defense, Smith still got 180+ yards and a td !!

Dan Henning will out-FOX any defensive coordinator in games like this: he never coaches conservatively and always goes for the throat..Delhomme is #2 all-time in postseason QB passer rating..he's very good in the clutch..

lets see if hasselbeck can handle the pressure , and if SA shows up to play or pulls up lame with a headache again...

and for the love of the game, nobody wants to see seattle v. denver in the SB, at least not on the East Coast !! lol

Delhomme is a choker????  He has the best playoff QB rating in the NFL
Delhomme has a 105.1 passer rating in five career postseason games, the second-highest of any quarterback since 1970
LinkThis was last week and had rating of 120.1 vs CHI...

Did hear something on Sportscenter last night that he has the highest playoff rating of any QB with 150+ attempts.

Edit: More

Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme has the highest postseason quarterback rating of any signal caller in NFL history also favors the underdog.
http://www.picksfootball.com/Default.asp
Pretty amazing stat...he's also 6-0 v. the spread lifetime in the playoffs. Of course no team has ever won 3 straight road games against 3 division champs. Personally I'm putting a little more stock and coin on the later.

Paging John Fox...the NFL has kindly requested that you return the smoke and mirrors.

After a hard fought victory the Panthers will limp onto a plane to trek across the county to face a Seahawk team that's well rested and cruised in their first playoff game. The Cat's running game is crippled with the lost of Foster and will have to rely on a 3rd string back. Add to that the injury of one of the most feared defensive linemen in the league and we're looking at a blowout. I'd run thru a matchup of the players by position, but they would all favor the Seahawks save the WR1 position which would be a slight advantage to the Panthers. Surely the Seahawks will have seen enough film to cover Smith. The superiority of the Seattle offense doesn't merit further discussion. I would have considered the defenses about equal until I saw Rex freaking Grossman march up and down the field at will with WRs that pail in comparsion to what Seattle has.

History alone will tell you that a team doesn't win four consecutive must win games. No team has ever beaten three division winners as a wildcard to advance to the Super Bowl. When you add up the league's MVP + Walter Jones + a huge home field advantage to the equation, you better make sure the hotline to your man is open to load up on Seattle. Early line is +4.5...who scheduled Christmas in January this year?

Final Score: SEATTLE 38, CAROLINA 17

Let's try to keep this thread focused on the game unlike the Shick! merged thread that has turned into a discuss of superheros and Smoo fantasties.
lets not forget that it'll take 3 guys or more to cover Steve Smith,
I've been his biggest pimp this year, but come on...3 guys??? Rice didn't even draw that much attention.

History alone will tell you that a team doesn't win four consecutive must win games.
Not true. Oakland, Denver and Baltimore have all won the Super Bowl as wild card teams (which required them to win four games in the playoffs, all of which were must win games).
No team has ever beaten three division winners as a wildcard to advance to the Super Bowl.
Are you also saying Pittsburgh doesn't have a chance then this weekend?

History alone will tell you that a team doesn't win four consecutive must win road games. 
Not true. Oakland, Denver and Baltimore have all won the Super Bowl as wild card teams (which required them to win four games in the playoffs, all of which were must win games).
No team has ever beaten three division winners as a wildcard to advance to the Super Bowl. 
Are you also saying Pittsburgh doesn't have a chance then this weekend?
Opps...insert the word "road" game in there.Pitt is swimming against that trend too. No sixth seed has ever gone to the Super Bowl according to what I heard on radio today.

djax and engram are questionable...haven't practiced..remains tobe seen if they will play..if they don't forget it!carolina in a blowout, 34-14..the only reason they beat the Skins is that washington has very little offense with brunell in charge..carolina has been in championship games before, seattle hasn't..nerves will unravel hasselbeck... :lmao: can't wait to see it..experience is important in games like this..carolina beat the eagles on the road two years ago, this is old hat for them!!just don't let hasselbeck call the coin flip, i don't want to hear him say 'we're gonna win!!' been there, done that with this guy already..lol

djax and engram are questionable...haven't practiced..remains tobe seen if they will play..if they don't forget it!

carolina in a blowout, 34-14..

the only reason they beat the Skins is that washington has very little offense with brunell in charge..

carolina has been in championship games before, seattle hasn't..nerves will unravel hasselbeck...

:lmao:

can't wait to see it..

experience is important in games like this..

carolina beat the eagles on the road two years ago, this is old hat for them!!

just don't let hasselbeck call the coin flip, i don't want to hear him say 'we're gonna win!!' been there, done that with this guy already..

lol
FYI: DJax and engram practiced today. Since the Bears scored 20 on the Panthers last week, I think the Seahawks will score at least 15.

djax and engram are questionable...haven't practiced..remains tobe seen if they will play..if they don't forget it!

the only reason they beat the Skins is that washington has very little offense with brunell in charge..

carolina has been in championship  games before, seattle hasn't..nerves will unravel hasselbeck...

can't wait to see it..

just don't let hasselbeck call the coin flip, i don't want to hear him say 'we're gonna win!!' been there, done that with this guy already..

lol
FYI: DJax and engram practiced today. Since the Bears scored 20 on the Panthers last week, I think the Seahawks will score at least 15.
Double that and you'll be in the neighborhood.

Then you guys get crushed by a superior AFC team, just by a whole lot less then the Panthers would be crushed.Seriously, isn't the Super Bowl being played in Denver this weekend?
I know you're joking on this post and it annoys me that people are even offering this up as I imagine it annoys you. Panthers/Seahawks winner will compete in Detroit and I like either of their chances. Let's just hope it's the good guys.

carolina has been in championship  games before, seattle hasn't..nerves will unravel hasselbeck...

can't wait to see it..

lol
Double that and you'll be in the neighborhood.
B-N-B: I assume you got my :sarcasm: . I am right there with you. Go Hawks.

Huge move on this line from 5.5 to 3.5. This is almost unheard of for a game of this magnitude. This fish are pouring in on the Panthers. Going to get my truck this morning to load up...going 5 units on the Seahawks.

Enough of the trash talking, and fishing.I really do think with my heart, and brain Seattle pulls this out...a double digit win would not surprise me.With that being said, good luck to all and please believe that my trash talking/name calling was all in fun.

This one is soooooo simple, Panthers have no chance today without Foster or Peppers. Alexander will kill them on the ground, and all the Seahawks need to do on defense is triple Smith and the Cats will have no way to move the ball.(You're welcome, my CHUG brethren)

No way.The Seahawks are also a team with no character and no leaders ( Alexander showed last week that he was nt a team player and that he had no character )The Panthers are way too good for the Seahawks .Panthers 38 Seahawks 17

No way.

The Seahawks are also a team with no character and no leaders ( Alexander showed last week that he was nt a team player and that he had no character )

The Panthers are way too good for the Seahawks .

Panthers 38 Seahawks 17
You are crazy. (start your own thread)

No way.

The Seahawks are also a team with no character and no leaders ( Alexander showed last week that he was nt a team player and that he had no character )

Panthers 38 Seahawks 17
The guy was knocked out for crying out loud. He suffered a concussion,ever have one? You don't want one. No character? Give me a break,he could have gone to the locker room and packed it in. He stayed on the sidelines and contributed the only way he could,cheering on his TEAMmates. :boxing:

No way.

The Seahawks are also a team with no character and no leaders ( Alexander showed last week that he was nt  a team player and that he had no character )

Panthers 38  Seahawks 17
You are crazy. (start your own thread)
Why am i crazy , Alexander could have easily come back after in the second qtr but because he did nt have such a good start he quit .The Panthers will simply destroy the Hawks . They wont stop Smith 3 Tds .

No way.

The Seahawks are also a team with no character and no leaders ( Alexander showed last week that he was nt  a team player and that he had no character )

Panthers 38  Seahawks 17
The guy was knocked out for crying out loud. He suffered a concussion,ever have one? You don't want one. No character? Give me a break,he could have gone to the locker room and packed it in. He stayed on the sidelines and contributed the only way he could,cheering on his TEAMmates. :boxing:
That s BS . The concussion stuff. Yes he was shaken up a bit but that s it.The hit he took was not even close to his head and he did nt land akwardly he was just shaken up a bit and he quit on his teammates.

No way.

Panthers 38  Seahawks 17
That s BS . The concussion stuff. Yes he was shaken up a bit but that s it.The hit he took was not even close to his head and he did nt land akwardly he was just shaken up a bit and he quit on his teammates.
Exactly! Then MoMo got rolling and it was all she wrote! Thus proving the point that the Seahawks are invicible!

Users who are viewing this thread