What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Second round mock draft, live twitter mock going on now (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Here is a live 2nd round mock draft of best available players still available left on the board that is taking place on Twitter right now.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23secondroundmock&src=hash

one of the participants posted a 2nd round and here it is to note the draft order and who they projected because I'm not going to try and capture the live mock as it happens, go to the link for that.

Of the mock he has posted, I think I caught the selections that were already taken in the first round, I believe not sure if Roby went late or not but I think I caught most and X'ed out those picks. This mock includes a few trades and this site also has the rest of the draft mocked out.

Might help to try and figure out how the 2nd round might play out and who is still available but check out the live Twitter mock of the 2nd round from the link above to see who they are taking.

http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2014nflmockdraft_roundtwo.html

Round Two 2014 NFL Mock Draft Updated: May 8th stLight.options

33) Houston Texans - Tom Savage (QB Pittsburgh)

Quarterback is obviously the biggest need for the Texans but there's just no way they can pass on Clowney at one. Luckily for them there are plenty of promising prospects available on day two who have starters potential. I'm not a fan of Tom Savage's but within NFL circles is stock is sky-high.

34) Washington Redskins - Stephon Tuitt (DE Notre Dame)

Washington was a disaster in all phases last year. While RG3 and the offense got all the attention the 'Skins defense was a complete train wreck, most notably on the defensive line. Stephon Tuitt is experienced in the 3-4 and would fit nicely as a five technique defensive end for the 'Skins.

35) Cleveland Browns - Xavier Su'a-Filo (OG UCLA)

With three picks in the top 35 the Browns could quickly turn their fortunes around and replenish their talent pool. Both guard spots in Cleveland could be upgraded and Xavier Su'a-Filo is currently one of the fastest rising prospects, though we happen to think he's pretty overrated.

36) TRADE! Cincinnati Bengals - Bradley Roby (CB Ohio State)

We have Cincinnati trading out of round one since there's really nobody they desperately need. However, we have them getting exactly the guy many have them taking in round one here with this pick which would obviously be a dream scenario for the Bengals.

37) Atlanta Falcons - Demarcus Lawrence (DE Boise State)

If Atlanta isn't able to tab Clowney or Mack in round one they'll have to address their league-worst pass rush in the second round. Guys like Scott Crichton and Marcus Smith will be in play here but Lawrence is the highest rated because of his potential and also versatility to play linebacker.

38) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Timmy Jernigan (DT Florida State)

For the past couple years Tampa has been searching for that second defensive tackle to pair with Gerald McCoy. In Timmy Jernigan they'd get a defensive tackle who not only has elite quickness, but actually played nose tackle in college which allows for some schematic versatility.

39) TRADE! New England Patriots - Louis Nix (DT Notre Dame)

I really don't understand why Louis Nix' stock has dropped so much. He was a little banged up to finish the year but he's never had any serious knee or head injuries. Nix is a 330 pound guy with explosive athleticism and quickness. He can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. Perfect for New England's hybrid defense.

40) Minnesota Vikings - Kony Ealy (DE Missouri)

With Jared Allen gone the Vikings are left with Everson Griffen and Brian Robison as their starting defensive ends. They need a little bit of help and could stand to benefit from a rotation and Kony Ealy is still available here so he's the perfect guy for the job.

41) Buffalo Bills - Dee Ford (OLB Auburn)

Buffalo runs a 4-3/5-2 hybrid defense with a run stuffing defensive line which means they lean on their linebackers to create a good portion of their pressure. Manny Lawson mans their strongside attacking linebacker role but the incredibly fast Dee Ford would be a definite upgrade.

42) Tennessee Titans - Jeremiah Attaochu (OLB Georgia Tech)

Tennessee is moving to the 3-4 this year which means picking up some new pieces to fit their scheme. If they kick Zach Brown inside a guy I absolutely love to replace him outside is Jeremiah Attaochu. He's one of the draft's most underrated prospects as a violent, aggressive pass rusher with explosive speed and burst. Attaochu is also experienced in the 3-4.

43) New York Giants - Jace Amaro (TE Texas Tech)

If the season started today, the Giants tight ends would include Adrien Robinson, Daniel Fells and Larry Donnell. A.S.J would be a no brainer here as an elite talent who has all the ability to be a Pro Bowl player in the league.

44) St Louis Rams - Stanley Jean-Baptiste (CB Nebraska)

With Cortland Finnegan out of the picture the Rams are left with only Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson starting caliber cornerbacks. Stanley Jean-Baptise would give them a long cornerback who could immediately provide depth behind the still young Jenkins and Johnson.

45) Detroit Lions - Lamarcus Joyner (CB/S Florida State)

Whether it's at cornerback, safety or nickel, Lamarcus Joyner is a straight up playmaker. He's exactly what Detroit needs as they have a lot of solid pieces on the back end but no true playmaker. Joyner could have a Tyrann Mathieu type impact for the Lions.

46) Pittsburgh Steelers - Allen Robinson (WR Penn State)

Pittsburgh will go wide receiver and cornerback in the first two rounds. Which order they do it is dependent on who they take in the first round. Since we have them taking Darqueze Dennard here in round two they can get an tremendous value in Allen Robinson who everybody loves.

47) Baltimore Ravens - Kelvin Benjamin (WR Florida State) Kel

vin Benjamin has long been a projected round one pick but character concerns could reportedly push him to day two. Benjamin is exactly the big tall red-zone threat that Joe Flacco needs opposite of Torrey Smith.

48) Dallas Cowboys - Scott Crichton (DE Oregon State)

Dallas' pass rush was a disaster last year, and that was with Demarcus Ware on the roster. Now that he's gone defensive end becomes a critical need for the team. Luckily the underrated Scott Crichton may be available to them in the second round. Crichton is a complete player who supports the run and the pass and is ready to play from day one.

49) New York Jets - Jaylen Watkins (CB Florida)

Florida' Jaylen Watkins has quietly been turning in an outstanding draft preseason with excellent showings at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine. Watkins has 4.41 speed and played both cornerback and safety at Florida. Watkins is one of the most underrated players in this year's draft.

50) Miami Dolphins - Ju'Wuan James (OT Tennessee)

Reports have the Dolphins enamored with Ju'Wuan James, so much that they might even consider taking him in round one. That is unlikely to happen, but if he's available in the second round they'd jump at the opportunity to draft the long pass protecting offensive tackle.

51) Chicago Bears - Jimmie Ward (Safety Northern Illinois)

Chicago's atrocious safety play reared it's ugly head at the worst time in their 'win-and-in' finale against the Packers. Starter Major Wright from last year is gone, and Chris Conte just flat out stinks. A safety with outstanding cover skills, Jimmie Ward would be a steal for the Bears at this point.

52) Arizona Cardinals - Carlos Hyde (RB Auburn)

Bruce Arians does not view Andre Ellington as a full-fledged starter but more of an offensive weapon and a compliment. Carlos Hyde could be the between the tackle runner with the power and strength to pair with Ellington's explosive abilities on the edges.

53) Green Bay - Andrew Quarless TE

With Jermichael Finley gone the Packers are left with only Andrew Quarless at the tight end position. Troy Niklas profiles as dominant blocking tight end, but the 6'6" sophomore has plenty of athletic ability to improve as a receiver and is only getting better.

54) Philadelphia Eagles - Keith McGill (CB Utah)

Few players stocks are rising faster than Keith McGill's right now. The long 6'3" corner opened a lot of eyes at the Senior Bowl, then impressed us even further by running below 4.50 at the combine. He has the ability to play corner or safety in Philly.

55) Cincinnati Bengals - Pierre Desir (CB Lindenwood)

Cincy's cornerback position isn't quite the need some people think it is, but with Leon Hall's injuries to go along with Adam Jones and Terrance Newman's increasing age they could look to day two to add some depth. Pierre Desir is a boom or bust prospect with the potential to be elite, or be awful.

56) San Francisco 49ers - Jordan Matthews (WR Vanderbilt)

Depth depth and more depth. With no glaring holes on the roster and loads of draft picks the 'Niners will continue to replenish their already flourishing talent pool. How does adding the SEC's all-time leading receiver sound?

57) San Diego Chargers - Marcus Roberson (CB Florida)

The trinity of Shareece Wright, Richard Marshall and Derek Cox made for one of the worst secondaries in the league last year making cornerback a major priority for the Chargers in the draft. Here late in round two they get arguably the draft's best pure man-to-man cover corner in Marcus Roberson.

58) New Orleans Saints - Kyle Van Noy (OLB B.Y.U)

One of the most underrated players in this year's draft is B.Y.U's Kyle Van Noy. He's a polished pass rusher with underrated athleticism and is a natural fit in Rex Ryan's 3-4 as an edge rusher.

59) Indianapolis Colts - Deone Bucannon (Safety Washington State)

Indy's safety position was in rough shape before they lost Antoine Bethea in free agency. Here they pick up the heavy hitting Deone Bucannon who also has excellent ball skills evidenced by his 15 career interceptions.

60) Carolina Panthers - Paul Richardson WR Colorado

Carolina is lost all three of their starting receivers from last year leaving Jerricho Cotchery as the teams currently best starting wideout. Though worrisome, they can be encouraged by the best wide receiver class we've seen in some time. Paul Richardson is a steal here as an explosive playmaker with elite ball skills.

61) San Francisco 49ers - Phillip Gaines (CB Rice)

San Francisco's biggest need might just be at cornerback where they might end up losing three starters from last year. Phillip Gaines is flying up draft boards as the six foot corner is running sub 4.4 forties coming off his record setting Rice career with 38 passes broken up.

62) New England Patriots - Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE Washington)

With Aaron Hernandez gone and Rob Gronkowski seriously injured again the Patriots dynamic duo at tight end is gone. A.S.J is a top 20 talent, but because of off-field issues could fall on draft day.

63) Denver Broncos - Davante Adams (WR Fresno State)

With Eric Decker gone and Wes Welker on his last legs picking up a young receiver to groom in the draft would be a wise move. Fresno State sophomore Davante Adams presents amazing value with his career 233/3,030/38 line in only two years

64) Seattle Seahawks - Donte Moncrief (WR Mississippi)

Sidney Rice and Golden Tate are gone and you can never be 100% sure about Percy Harvin's health status. The value at wide receiver is unprecedented this year and here in late one the Seahawks get a 6'2" 220 pound receiver with 4.40 speed to play outside the numbers in Donte Moncrief.

I don't see Houston going QB at all in round 2. I don't see them wanting to be on the spot for drafting or passing on Carr. I think they draft a different position and then trade for a guy like Mallett or Glennon if he is really on the market or drafting a QB in the later rounds.

I don't see Houston going QB at all in round 2. I don't see them wanting to be on the spot for drafting or passing on Carr. I think they draft a different position and then trade for a guy like Mallett or Glennon if he is really on the market or drafting a QB in the later rounds.
Do you think that Mallett trade goes down? Because if it doesn't I think they have to go QB here.

Troy Niklas, - how is he any different than what they now have? I could see taking Jenkins, but Niklas? Not happening unless their board gets really wiped out. Which is almost what happened in R1. If HaHa had not been still on the board, the Pack would of traded the pick

The fans would burn down the city if Houston drafts Tom Savage at 33. There are MUCH better prospects at positions of need rather than reaching on a QB at that point. If the team were to reach, it'd have gone up to get Bridgewater yesterday.

I think if they stay put Houston is looking at 3 or 4 players:

Nix - DT

Hageman - DE

Tuitt - DE

Carr - QB

In my mind I wonder how much BOB likes Carr over another QB like Garoppolo. I would think Houston stands put, picks one of the DL mentioned and then waits to see if Carr falls any farther before trading back into the 2nd to get him or Garoppolo.

The fans would burn down the city if Houston drafts Tom Savage at 33. There are MUCH better prospects at positions of need rather than reaching on a QB at that point. If the team were to reach, it'd have gone up to get Bridgewater yesterday.

Nix - DT

Hageman - DE

Tuitt - DE

Carr - QB

In my mind I wonder how much BOB likes Carr over another QB like Garoppolo. I would think Houston stands put, picks one of the DL mentioned and then waits to see if Carr falls any farther before trading back into the 2nd to get him or Garoppolo.
Watt-Nix-Clowney

:shock:

Obviously I didn't make it CLEAR ENOUGH.

Their is a LIVE TWITTER MOCK going on and here's the link:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23secondroundmock&src=hash

The mock posted above is NOT THE LIVE MOCK

The mock above is only a mock that one of the participants posted.

I wasn't going to try and capture the live mock picks and post them so I cut and pasted his mock.

Somebody else can post the actual picks of the live Twittter mock.

Thanks for posting.

I like the Van Noy pick for NO, maybe it can overcome the bad Shawn Knight memories.

Overall this looks liek a run on d-linemen then a run on CB's, I'm thinking that there will be a run on WRs in there instead (ie earlier than end of the round).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some matches that make sense to me. But don't listen to what I have to say. I didn't dominate the 1st round either. :lol:

1(33)Texans - Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois
2(34)Redskins - Morgan Moses OT Virginia
3(35)Browns - Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
4(36)Raiders - Derek Carr QB Fresno State
5(37)Falcons - Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise State
6(38)Buccaneers - Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
7(39)Jaguars - Phillip Gaines CB Rice
8(40)Seahawks (From Vikings) - Marqise Lee WR Southern California
9(41)Bills - Joel Bitonio OG Nevada
10(42)Titans - Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
11(43)Giants - Xavier Su'a-Filo OG UCLA
12(44)Rams - Weston Richburg C Colorado State
13(45)Lions - Kony Ealy DE Missouri
14(46)Steelers - Allen Robinson WR Penn State
15(47)Cowboys - Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State
16(48)Ravens - RaShede Hageman DT Minnesota
17(49)Jets - Cody Latimer WR Indiana
18(50)Dolphins - Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin
19(51)Bears - Stephon Tuitt DT Notre Dame
20(52)Cardinals - Kyle Van Noy OLB Brigham Young
21(53)Packers - Marcus Martin C Southern California
22(54)Eagles - Davante Adams WR Fresno State
23(55)Bengals - Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
24(56)49ers (From Chiefs) - Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
25(57)Chargers - DaQuan Jones DT Penn State
26(58)Saints - Keith McGill CB Utah
27(59)Colts - Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State
28(60)Panthers - Jack Mewhort OT Ohio State
29(61)49ers - Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
30(62)Patriots - Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee
31(63)Broncos - Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
32(64)Seahawks - Billy Turner OT North Dakota State

Nix - DT

Hageman - DE

Tuitt - DE

Carr - QB

Watt-Nix-Clowney

Think about that entire defensive front 7 if they really do go through with that:

Watt - Nix - Crick

Mercilus - Reed - Cushing - Clowney

or

Watt - Powe - Tuitt/Hageman

Mercilus - Reed - Cushing - Clowney

Nix - DT

Hageman - DE

Tuitt - DE

Carr - QB

Watt-Nix-Clowney

Users who are viewing this thread