What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

See into the future? (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
This happens to me a lot....

I'll get this thought about some movie, song, a person, some event, something for no reason at all, it just comes out of nowhere, then in a day, few days a week.....BOOM~~~ there stands Lee a guy I haven't seen in a few years, but....was thinking about him a few days ago.

I said to myself Friday.....Aaron Rodgers is looking for some excuse to get out of the pro bowl, he will get hurt and taken out of Sundays game.  BINGO~~~~

I hadn't heard Bobby Hebb doing his "Sunny" for years,maybe decades.  So out of nowhere....Sunny, yesterday my life....in my mind, a few days later in a TV commercial...Sunny, yesterday my life.

Wow!

I told everybody who would listen ......Notre Dame can't recruit like an Alabama, a Clemson, an Oklahoma, they are too strict with the academics side of things, a lot of great athletes simply don't belong there.  So what did we see.....ND doesn't belong in with schools with bigger and faster athletes, they got killed.

I said to myself.....gotta break this up, talking about The Sheild in the WWE,  why have one story angle when ya can have three? So what happened?

Just yesterday it came from nowhere..........Of all the gin joints in all the world she has to walk into mine.....yep, Casablanca, guess what was on TMC tonight?

Am I all alone with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing happens to me.  10hrs ago I heard about a friend's dad passing away recently.  I woke up this morning with a LinkedIn request from him.  :scared:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. No one else could have predicted that Notre Dame would lose and someone who plays a violent sport would get injured.  :mellow:

Am I all alone
You just hold a lot of crap in your subconscious. It's just the way the human brain works. It could be random things you think of or lyrics in a song you don't pay 100% attention to. Anything that sticks in your subconscious. Then when it happens, boom you saw it coming. Now imagine all the thousands of other things you hold in your subconscious that don't come true. So yeah, there's bound to be a few random things that click every now and then. At least you are aware of it. Do you meditate? Take this opportunity to recognize the connection and harmony among your mind, body, and spirit. And I tell you what - the dudes who don't have a clue what you're talking about - imagine how far out of alignment a person must be to have no concept of their own subconscious. That, my friend, is the dullest of the dull. And those same dudes are probably somebody's boss! Anyway, yeah man, embrace the beauty and power of the human mind as often as you can.

While some of that is cool I wouldn't put too much thought into the Rodgers injury as even if he didn't get a concussion no chance he was going to play in the Pro Bowl...He was already banged up.  He hasn't played in one for years.  You and thousands, if not more, college football fans saw the Notre Dame beatdown coming from miles away.

I maintain that Wayne Gretzky could see several seconds into the future. Beyond that, I remain unconvinced. 
This is the answer. Right here. How a guy with no upper or lower body strength scored over 200 points in the NHL is a mystery to me and many other people.  

This happens to me a lot....

I'll get this thought about some movie, song, a person, some event, something for no reason at all, it just comes out of nowhere, then in a day, few days a week.....BOOM

Am I all alone with this?
I'm right there with you on the TV show/movie part.  I'll think about a random episode of Seinfeld, then the next day it's on TV.  Or I'll see a movie with a character in it that I recognize but can't remember.  Finally I'll remember what I saw them in, then a couple days later that movie that I remembered turns up on TV. 

You just hold a lot of crap in your subconscious. It's just the way the human brain works. It could be random things you think of or lyrics in a song you don't pay 100% attention to. Anything that sticks in your subconscious. Then when it happens, boom you saw it coming. Now imagine all the thousands of other things you hold in your subconscious that don't come true. So yeah, there's bound to be a few random things that click every now and then. At least you are aware of it. Do you meditate? Take this opportunity to recognize the connection and harmony among your mind, body, and spirit. And I tell you what - the dudes who don't have a clue what you're talking about - imagine how far out of alignment a person must be to have no concept of their own subconscious. That, my friend, is the dullest of the dull. And those same dudes are probably somebody's boss! Anyway, yeah man, embrace the beauty and power of the human mind as often as you can.
That was pretty heavy. Now I;ll go a long long time before having another....am I  seeing  into the future....moment because ya have me thinking more about it.

bradyfan said:
I feel it is not so much “seeing the future” but “knowing what is true”.
Knowing what is true doesn't explain old songs.....boom there it is.

I was talking to my son Mason about an old pro rassler named Buzz Sawyer, he was asking about nicknames.  A few days later on New Japan.....J.R "Buzz Sawyer made that famous".  WHAT???  My son is 25, and the only time Buzz Sawyer was ever brought up.

one time i was driving home and i thought to myself i bet i will see a deer and bam there was a deer about 10 minutes later and then when i was walking inside i thought i feel so good about knowing that i would see a deer i think i should have a cold one and then bam i grabbed a cold one from the garage fridge when i was walking in and i drank it so what i am saying brohan is that you and me can see the future and i knew i would not be alone take that to the bank

one time i was driving home and i thought to myself i bet i will see a deer and bam there was a deer about 10 minutes later and then when i was walking inside i thought i feel so good about knowing that i would see a deer i think i should have a cold one and then bam i grabbed a cold one from the garage fridge when i was walking in and i drank it so what i am saying brohan is that you and me can see the future and i knew i would not be alone take that to the bank
This is more about....

There I am pouring gas into my mower, out of nowhere....Sonny Liston.....pops into my mind.  What?  Huh?  So that gets forgotten.  A few days later a special on TV about Cassius Clay, yep...vs Sonny Liston.

Hmmmmm?

This is more about....

There I am pouring gas into my mower, out of nowhere....Sonny Liston.....pops into my mind.  What?  Huh?  So that gets forgotten.  A few days later a special on TV about Cassius Clay, yep...vs Sonny Liston.

Hmmmmm?
one time probably back in 68 or 69 i was out in my yard mowing it and wishing i was anywhere but out in the milwaukee heat now this was back when you could smell anything on a good breeze from a tannery to roasting cocoa anyhow i remember thinking i bet there is a port in a western town where a smokin bartender works layin whiskey down and then just three or four years later none other than looking glass sings brandy brohan that right there is kismet it was like i saw brandy in my minds eye before it was even a real thing so all i am sayin is that i feel you take that to the bank bromigo 

I told everybody who would listen ......Notre Dame can't recruit like an Alabama, a Clemson, an Oklahoma, they are too strict with the academics side of things, a lot of great athletes simply don't belong there.  So what did we see.....ND doesn't belong in with schools with bigger and faster athletes, they got killed.
Also, that's some hot take there.

This just in - random internet guy only recalls times he was right. 
Not about right or wrong. All about a thought out of nowhere....

Fixing a TV dinner,  then...BOOM~~~ ...Hiawatha Francisco.....pops into your mind.  A week later there ya are flipping the tv stations when ya come across an old ND football game.

bigmarc27 said:
Actually, no joke.  Get yourself to a neurologist. 
Since you seem to have glossed over this...  same things were happening to me and it became more frequent. 

I was having seizures. Now that I’m diagnosed and taking a pill I no longer have my future predicting ability, but I’m also no longer at risk to end up drooling and unable to feed myself. 

Not about right or wrong. All about a thought out of nowhere....

Fixing a TV dinner,  then...BOOM~~~ ...Hiawatha Francisco.....pops into your mind.  A week later there ya are flipping the tv stations when ya come across an old ND football game.
Something tells me you just don't remember all of the connected thoughts that went through your mind that resulted in an "out of nowhere" thought that was strengthened in your memory by a reference shortly afterwards. 

You have millions of thoughts a day.  Some are bound to appear in real life.  This is not a phenomenon unique to you.
Exactly. It would be more unusual if this didn't happen once in a while. 

This is more about....

Hmmmmm?
I knew you were going to bring up the Sonny Liston example.

This is the answer. Right here. How a guy with no upper or lower body strength scored over 200 points in the NHL is a mystery to me and many other people.  
Wayne Gretzky may be an alien. As we all know from movies such as E.T. they tend to be a bit on the spindly side. Wayne may have been put on their version of steroids just to get as big as he got. But he definitely could see at least a few seconds into the future.

Over on the NFL talk forum I posted a thread about the old AFL, that was yesterday.  I talked about Joe Namath and his....I GUARANTEE IT.

Today during the Rams game for some unknown reason (NFC teams) they talk about that game and Joe Namath, showing him as  a Ram.

That was what I was talking about.

Over on the NFL talk forum I posted a thread about the old AFL, that was yesterday.  I talked about Joe Namath and his....I GUARANTEE IT.

Today during the Rams game for some unknown reason (NFC teams) they talk about that game and Joe Namath, showing him as  a Ram.

That was what I was talking about.
It was the 50th anniversary of Super Bowl III  :mellow:

It was the 50th anniversary of Super Bowl III  :mellow:
So what, it had nothing to do with the Cowboys or Rams. No mention of it in the Chiefs vs Colts and the Colts played in that game.

And......I haven't talked about Joe Namath in years, and didn't know about any anniversary.  So for me to talk about him now....hmm?

I find when I buy something on Amazon, Facebook spends the next month trying to sell me the same item.  Really weird. 

Yesterday I posted a thread here KING KONG.  Today while flicking stations........Fay Wray.....in a 1931 movie The Finger Pointers.

Weird.

I have a buddy who lives in Modesto (over 100m North) I haven't talked to him in about six months.  He's also a huge 49 fan, so I thought I'd give him a call, catch up on things and talk Antonio Brown as a Niner.

About 15 minutes after that thought the phone rings....yep, you guessed it.

Weird.

Yesterday I posted a thread here KING KONG.  Today while flicking stations........Fay Wray.....in a 1931 movie The Finger Pointers.

Weird.
And a few days after reading this, I'm listening to the radio and bam....a song by PRINCE comes on and then a little later a song by the Pointer Sisters!

Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread