What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SEEKING Active Owners Only (1 Viewer)

Coin Flip

Footballguy
Check this site out.....great owners in the league. NEW REDRAFT. 12 team 1PPR VP's Drafts in Mid Aug.

$72 <---par for the course league fees :rolleyes:

Payouts and complete rules listed under the bylaws......which is under the REPORTS.....RULES.......BYLAWS.

I keep nothing 100% payouts.

You can pick your mini banner, but that will be your division I am not breaking them up.

If you have mocked with me in Coin Flip's Mocks or you are a solid owner who is not a clock killer (nobody likes to wait 12hrs per pick all the time) then this league might be for you.

Take a look

http://www41.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/72476

Coin Flip runs great leagues, dynasty and redraft.

For an active, well-run league, look no further.

BassNBrew said:

He also bails in the middle of leagues with no notice. Buyer beware.
What are you talking about? Do I even know you?
This is what I'm talking about.Strange that you want active owners for this league with references when you bail in the middle of the draft. I realize that your team you had drafted was horrible and had no chance, but it's not fair to ruin the intregity of the league and then bail.

BassNBrew said:

This is what I'm talking about.Strange that you want active owners for this league with references when you bail in the middle of the draft. I realize that your team you had drafted was horrible and had no chance, but it's not fair to ruin the intregity of the league and then bail.
:confused:

BassNBrew said:
Coin Flip said:
BassNBrew said:
JPeso said:

Ummm, that was a mock a few weeks back. And I do apologize for that....but without you knowing specifics of circumstances it seems to me, unfair for you to post "buyer beware" in a thread I am advertising for a league. I would think you would want to warn people about scrubs that run off with peoples money and cheat or lie as commish's.......saying "buyer beware" is a statement I take rather strongly. I again apologize for bailing on that mock in the later rounds and I wont make any excuse only to offer my apology. But it was a ONE time situation and I bet you wont find another time in the past or the future that I bailed on a mock.......at all. Now if your saying you cant excuse a team once for bailing as you have high standards, I will respect that. My intensions was not to ruin your first mock of the year by any means.

I am a commish that goes above and beyond for my leagues ENTIRELY. I can assure you I am completely dedicated to them 100%, and will never change that.

You really dont know me at all, we were in that one mock together and that was it. I did have a situation, but my situation is not an excuse. And I will not let that happen again. I hope you can understand and you obviously have moved on without my presense in that mock. I ran mocks and people were not always around, and I am not gonna post buyer beware messages about them at all. Life is too short for me to worry about missing mockers.

.......but one more time, I do apologize.

BassNBrew said:
Coin Flip said:
BassNBrew said:
JPeso said:

Ummm, that was a mock a few weeks back. And I do apologize for that....but without you knowing specifics of circumstances it seems to me, unfair for you to post "buyer beware" in a thread I am advertising for a league. I would think you would want to warn people about scrubs that run off with peoples money and cheat or lie as commish's.......saying "buyer beware" is a statement I take rather strongly. I again apologize for bailing on that mock in the later rounds and I wont make any excuse only to offer my apology. But it was a ONE time situation and I bet you wont find another time in the past or the future that I bailed on a mock.......at all. Now if your saying you cant excuse a team once for bailing as you have high standards, I will respect that. My intensions was not to ruin your first mock of the year by any means.

I am a commish that goes above and beyond for my leagues ENTIRELY. I can assure you I am completely dedicated to them 100%, and will never change that.

You really dont know me at all, we were in that one mock together and that was it. I did have a situation, but my situation is not an excuse. And I will not let that happen again. I hope you can understand and you obviously have moved on without my presense in that mock. I ran mocks and people were not always around, and I am not gonna post buyer beware messages about them at all. Life is too short for me to worry about missing mockers.

First of all, it wasn't a mock, it was a league that's scored on it's own website and that has been in existance for years. It's a league that people take very seriously and relegiously follow throught the season. It's also a league that several of us put serious time in promoting, organizing, updating, and scoring.I understand that you had a personal situation come up, but you came back to the thread to post and gave no explanation...didn't even bother to say that you were no longer interested and for us to find a replacement. All the while you were running mocks.

Like you siad, maybe this was a one time thing and your leagues are the best ever run. That applied to the AFFL last year too. I've said my peace and will drop this. Your apology is accepted and you're welcome back to the FBG survivor leagues after you serve your one year suspension.

BassNBrew said:
Coin Flip said:
BassNBrew said:
JPeso said:

First of all, it wasn't a mock, it was a league that's scored on it's own website and that has been in existance for years. It's a league that people take very seriously and relegiously follow throught the season. It's also a league that several of us put serious time in promoting, organizing, updating, and scoring.I understand that you had a personal situation come up, but you came back to the thread to post and gave no explanation...didn't even bother to say that you were no longer interested and for us to find a replacement. All the while you were running mocks.

Like you siad, maybe this was a one time thing and your leagues are the best ever run. That applied to the AFFL last year too. I've said my peace and will drop this. Your apology is accepted and you're welcome back to the FBG survivor leagues after you serve your one year suspension.
So your whole objection lies on a FREE league, which in most circumstances, people use for a mock. Not only that, he was a participant in a FREE league and this is where you post your buyer beware! Have you been a participant in any of Coin's MONEY leagues, leagues that actually mean something? If not, then I suggest you retract your statement. If you have, then you will know that Coin is one of the best and most respected commishes out there. Anyone out there looking to join a MONEY league with Coin, have no fears, I am in 3 of his leagues already and would join another one in a heartbeat.

People throw this buyer beware out there too often, and unless you can back it up with more than a bail on a free league and/or mock, you have no business trying to lower the reputation of someone who has hundreds of participants in his money leagues that have no complaints. Coin is too much of a stand up guy to post his reasonings for bailing on a message board, but if you ask him personally I am sure you will regret your earlier statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in league with Coin that was started last year, we where owner's in a league with 64 teams and the commissioner that started the league decided to bail out.

Coin step up and volunteer to take over the league as the commissioner and made it work, the league turn out to be great, from what I witness in that league and the good things I read about Coin on this site he seems to be a stand up guy and I wouldn't have problem being in any league he is involved with.

Thanks JP, Boot, and Cody.....appreciate all the good words.

That being said....I hope we have this worked out now and we can move forward. Bass said I need to serve my one year suspension (and I will, a rule is a rule) and he pretty much sounds like he has put this behind him also. Hey, you now know my dirty laundry at the very least.....and if that is the worst everyone can come up with (one isoloated incident, which did not involve stealing from other owners, or taking candy from a baby...LOL ) then I would say your pretty safe with me.

Here is what I can promise you if you are looking for a league to join and you join this one.

I will NOT steal your money, I have even refunded teams when they had life circumstances and needed to drop the league before the draft. (doesnt happen often, but sometimes life occurs)

I will BE 100% FAIR.

I will provide you with a league that will be active and fun and with some of the best owners around. Just like you need to be careful joining bad commished leagues, I too want good owners. Top Notch.

I will payout promptly.

I will keep the site updated with good graphics (my leagues are all dressed nicely and so far not a penny has been passed on to my members).

I can give you references ....the best references I can give might come from other commishes I play with, but bottom line the owners in my leagues can attest to my honesty.

NOW...Lets fill this thing....Its a damn sweet lookin sight.....Even if you dont like to golf! It does have competitive owners in it, nobody is gonna pick Troy Smith in rounds 1,2 or 3......LOL

Hope to see some new owners with interest.......always looking for a few good men!

I give Coin Flip a 1000000000% endorsment as a FFL player and commish. While I understand this "BassNBrew" obviously had a situation in this RARE case, I can give you over a dozen other people (from several different sites) that have been playing money leagues with Flip for YEARS. This guy has the right to state/make his case.............but this one isolated incedent is all he has to go off. Not completely fair IMO, as I welcome ANYBODY else (not affiliated with this free league/mock/whatever) to step forward and tell me Flip has wronged them in anyway pertaining to FFL. I'll be more than happy to direct any potential leaguemates who have concerns to current other commishes/leaguemates that Flip is currently involved with. Please PM me, and I can provide a number of these sources.......ZERO problem.

FYI........I personally play in several leagues with Flip (as both a leaguemate and in a league he commishes), but have no direct ties to this league he's filling now. 10+ leagues is plenty for me. Please feel free to PM me with any concerns and I can direct you to a couple "other sites" where Flip's reputation can/will be vouched for.

BUYERS BEWARE OF COIN FLIP!!!!!

Coin Flip as a commish has tons of bad habbits who can be verified by tons of members from this board and from other FFL boards as well. These bad habbits are in not particualr order:

- He pays all dues on time.

- He's extremely fair as a commish and as an owner

- His leagues have great looking skins

- His leagues have tons of great owners who keep the boards and season fun and respectful

I could go on for few more but I'm too lasy for this.

Seriously, beware because if you join his league, you might actually really like it and get ion more and more next year putting your FFL budget at risk. I think anyone who consider this league should play at AFFL or just stick to mock drafts.

And because I like danger, I might join this league as well.

PS: Yeah, I know my word is worth crap in here as I'm a recent member on this board but hey, I voiced my opinion anyways....

Coin Flip as a commish has tons of bad habits who can be verified by tons of members from this board and from other FFL boards as well. These bad habbits are in not particualr order:- He pays all dues on time.- He's extremely fair as a commish and as an owner- His leagues have great looking skins- His leagues have tons of great owners who keep the boards and season fun and respectful
:lol: -I have been paid on time.-It is inevitable that league issues arise, and they were handled responsibly, upholding the integrity of the league.-Guy pays money out of his pocket to make the leagues look sweet.-I have been in either leagues or mocks with 5/6 owners signed up so far, all are active owners who check in often.I would hate for a people to 'beware' because he made a much more important family decision than drafting, regardless of how religious the league may be. Sick family > fantasy football every day of week, however you splice it, folks.

Wow, I hope my head fits through the door when I leave today. THANKS EVERYONE. Being a commish is not always easy, but seeing this support makes it worth every minute.

Wow, I hope my head fits through the door when I leave today. THANKS EVERYONE. Being a commish is not always easy, but seeing this support makes it worth every minute.
Well, the one KEY thing that we left out was that you're generally considered "easy money".........which is another great reason we LOVE to play leagues with you.There..........maybe you can fit through the door now. :yes:

Love the look of that league. Wish you were drafting before August, I'd join in a heartbeat.

Oh and another vote for Coin being a good guy (and easy money!)

Coin Flip said:
PM'd ya back.
What is wrong with you guys? Shhh, dont tell them I am easy money, my fearful name CoinFlip should tell them all they need to know. I turn dollars into coins. :tfp:
Flip is top-of-the-line.. a great guy and responsible commish. Someone got upset w/a mock draft... excuse me!! Anyone worried about joining this league, or any league he runs.. fergetaboutit... money is paid before early.. Flip if your able to move in 2nd week of August , sign me up.. btw I am in 2 leagues that Flip commishes, and in a total of 6 leagues with him...ps.. he is easy money.. :thumbup:

I also am a Commish of several leagues and even participated in a league run by Coin. All my conversations with him have been positive and I have never once had a problem with him. If your looking for a league, and his format is too your liking, don't hesitate to join because of the views of one poster. I would join a league run by Coin any day.

Users who are viewing this thread