What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Separate but Equal, Again - Neo-Segregation in American Higher Education (1 Viewer)

ekbeats

Footballguy

The co-op also states that residents must alert others when they intend to bring Black guests to the house​

A private housing co-op just off the campus has banned Black visitors in common areas or without consent from other tenants.

The "Caucasian Theme House" is a housing co-op that "aims to provide housing to non-immigrant White students, according to its website. It is a private venture and is not affiliated with the university.

In a leaked photo of "house rules" for the co-op, tenants are instructed not to bring Black guests to the home without permission and to keep Black guests from common areas.

"Many White members moved here to be able to avoid Black violence and presence, so respect their decision of avoidance if you bring Black guests," the leaked house rules list states.

Black people are not entirely banned from the house's premises, but those wishing to bring Black guests into the building must alert other tenants.

"Always announce guests in the Guest Chat if they will be in common spaces with you and if they are Black," one rule states.

Black people are entirely banned from entering shared spaces within the home to allow Whites to avoid "Black presence."

"Guests are allowed in common spaces, but please be mindful if there are house members in the room beforehand. Black guests are not allowed in common spaces," another rule states. "Avoid bringing parents/family members that express bigotry. White members should not have to avoid common spaces because of Black nationalism or racist parents/family members."

"Caucasian Theme House exists to create a safe and welcoming space for its house members and build solidarity with White communities in the Berkeley area and beyond," the house's website states.

It's hard to believe that this sort of racism still exists in 2022 . :frown:

Last edited:
You reversed the races to try and shock people. That’s why you didn’t offer a link. It’s actually a black housing group banning whites.

The co-op also states that residents must alert others when they intend to bring Black guests to the house​

A private housing co-op just off the campus has banned Black visitors in common areas or without consent from other tenants.

The "Caucasian Theme House" is a housing co-op that "aims to provide housing to non-immigrant White students, according to its website. It is a private venture and is not affiliated with the university.

In a leaked photo of "house rules" for the co-op, tenants are instructed not to bring Black guests to the home without permission and to keep Black guests from common areas.

"Many White members moved here to be able to avoid Black violence and presence, so respect their decision of avoidance if you bring Black guests," the leaked house rules list states.

Black people are not entirely banned from the house's premises, but those wishing to bring Black guests into the building must alert other tenants.

"Always announce guests in the Guest Chat if they will be in common spaces with you and if they are Black," one rule states.

Black people are entirely banned from entering shared spaces within the home to allow Whites to avoid "Black presence."

"Guests are allowed in common spaces, but please be mindful if there are house members in the room beforehand. Black guests are not allowed in common spaces," another rule states. "Avoid bringing parents/family members that express bigotry. White members should not have to avoid common spaces because of Black nationalism or racist parents/family members."

"Caucasian Theme House exists to create a safe and welcoming space for its house members and build solidarity with White communities in the Berkeley area and beyond," the house's website states.

Umm. Ok.

If you’re going to make a point about black extremism why not just make it? It’s going to be a silly point, though.
Well because I’ve tried to make the point using other forms of logic but nothing seems to work. So I decided to try a little thought experiment. Keep in mind, all I did here was substitute the word black for white.

So my question is. What is the goal here? It’s clearly not desegregation which by the way as what Martin Luther King in the civil rights activists of the 60s fought for. Does it improve racial relations? Please help me understand.

Last edited:
It’s Cal Berkeley, I expect idiocy.
But were you expecting @ekbeats to carefully edit the story, replacing white with black, in the apparent hope of trapping people into posting condemnations and then making the “big reveal” later on?

So silly.
Actually I didn’t care where it was because it was dumb. I clicked on the link and saw it was Berkeley housing. The silly part is this is going on today.

If you’re going to make a point about black extremism why not just make it? It’s going to be a silly point, though.
Well because I’ve tried to make the point using other forms of logic but nothing seems to work. So I decided to try a little thought experiment. Keep in mind, all I did hear was substitute the word black for white.

So my question is. What is the goal here? It’s clearly not desegregation which by the way as what Martin Luther King in the civil rights activists of the 60s fought for. Does it improve racial relations? Please help me understand.
First off the reason your point never worked is because it’s a bad point. You want to discuss what a few crazy extremist black separatists are doing and pretend that it’s representative of liberals or liberal ideas. It isn’t, and that’s your problem.

Second, why should you need to understand what these folks are doing? They’re a tiny bunch of crazy idiots. They don’t want to be around white people? Fine with me. Why should I care? Why do you care?

Well because I’ve tried to make the point using other forms of logic but nothing seems to work. So I decided to try a little thought experiment. Keep in mind, all I did hear was substitute the word black for white.

This is like a frat house. Aren't those places non-inclusive by design?

How does this effect you at all personally? Why take any interest in this story?

First off the reason your point never worked is because it’s a bad point. You want to discuss what a few crazy extremist black separatists are doing and pretend that it’s representative of liberals or liberal ideas. It isn’t, and that’s your problem.

Second, why should you need to understand what these folks are doing? They’re a tiny bunch of crazy idiots. They don’t want to be around white people? Fine with me. Why should I care? Why do you care?
There are a lot of extremist idiots on our campuses today - Cal Berkeley is at the top as they encourage “free-thinking” as long as it’s on their terms.

They are racists. No need for all the mental gymnastics

It's not an isolated phenomenon. It's been going on for years.

Why do I care? Because it's a direct assault on the racism cure advocated by MLK, which centered on integration and fair treatment.

How does this effect you at all personally? Why take any interest in this story?
It affects me personally because I'd like to see this country solve racism rather than propagate it. I am from a mixed race family - black sister, black niece, black brother in law...

So you are ok with exlusivity by race? So if my parody above actually occurred, you'd be ok with it? It's not an unreasonable argument to let people congregate with who they want to when it's outside of the State's domain. Is that what you are saying?

My point in this thread is to discuss reverse discrimination. To what extent has been an emerging trend over the last 15 years? What is the moral premise behind it? On what basis can you logically conclude that it is ok to exclude someone based on immutable characteristics, as a result of past evils they had no real in creating or furthering?

Most importantly - does it work? Have race relations improved because of it? What is the end game with it? When do we know that it's time to turn it off?

It affects me personally because I'd like to see this country solve racism rather than propagate it. I am from a mixed race family - black sister, black niece, black brother in law...

So you are ok with exlusivity by race? So if my parody above actually occurred, you'd be ok with it? It's not an unreasonable argument to let people congregate with who they want to when it's outside of the State's domain. Is that what you are saying?

They've had white people live there, you're falling for some media outrage BS. If you want to solve racism rather than propagate it, start there.

How real is reverse discrimination?

In 1976, Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall lambasted the “illogic” of civil rights advocates insisting that laws against discrimination should protect only minorities from discrimination. The first African American justice and civil rights litigator declared that whites also deserved such protections.

The question is where to draw that line and if “reverse discrimination” is real. That issue came up when Gary Garrels, a senior curator at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, resigned after he was denounced as a racist. The reason? While supporting diversity of the artists exhibited in the famed collection, Garrels said, “We will definitely still continue to collect white artists.” He reportedly also said a ban on acquiring art from white artists would be “reverse discrimination.” A petition calling for his firing said the terms “reverse discrimination” and “reverse racism” are offensive forms of “white supremacist and racist language.”

While the Supreme Court has allowed race to be considered as a factor in some college admissions cases, it has struck down certain programs that crossed the line into discrimination. The position of many of the justices on this is summed up by Chief Justice John Roberts in a landmark 2007 decision in which he wrote, “The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminaton on the basis of race.”

Of course, what is discrimination to some is affirmative action to others. The California Faculty Association has called for a wide array of reforms, including “free tuition for all Black, Native, and Indigenous students.”

They've had white people live there, you're falling for some media outrage BS. If you want to solve racism rather than propagate it, start there.
You didn't answer my question. How do you feel about exlusivity by race? OK for blacks but not for whites? Not ok for anyone? I'd like to know what you think.

Totally agree. If a few crazy blacks do not want to be around whites, or a few crazy whites do not want to be around blacks, or if Asians only want to hang with Asians without black or whites so be it. Why should anyone care?

You didn't answer my question. How do you feel about exlusivity by race? OK for blacks but not for whites? Not ok for anyone? I'd like to know what you think.

I feel it should be addressed on a case by case basis, in this case, it's really not even occuring. It's fake news, fake outrage and anyone acting like it's some kind of big deal is super suspect IMO.

I feel it should be addressed on a case by case basis, in this case, it's really not even occuring. It's fake news, fake outrage and anyone acting like it's some kind of big deal is super suspect IMO.
How is it fake news? What in the article was incorrect?

This reasoning is so f'n stupid. Are you serious with this absurd take?

Why do you care? You really going to offer up that excuse considering the lunacy your side partakes in over issues they have no skin in the game with? With all the Virtue Signaling you guys do? if ekbeats link edits were real and not flip-flopped you and other posters in here would be losing your s###. GTHO with that take.

We should all be concerned that this type of hate is happening on a public university funded by taxpayers.

Last edited:
I'll keep saying it, you can't solve racism with more racism.

And to ekbeats.... Also flipping genders does a number on tons of things also. Like when a female teacher bangs a student and gets caught, especially if the teacher is attractive.

These double standards do our society no favors. I fully support POC and females and other minorities, but when people who are actively looking for an excuse to promote inequality see stuff like this, all it does is reinforce their thinking as what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

FTR, my college fraternity was more racially diverse than the my student body population, which was already pretty diverse.

Maybe they are black nationalists who are just resisting assimilating into a diverse society. I mean it is Cal-Berkely.

Yeah, right, that's all you did and it was completely inconsequential. SMH.

If I started a thread and did a stunt like that substituting crucial words to make the thread misleading in the OP and thread title, I am sure the mods would give me a lengthy time out, even though I later claimed it was just a "little thought experiment."

I don’t support this type of activity. It’s segregationist. I support looking past color. It seems to me that most people seem to agree with that, no matter which politicians or ideologies they support otherwise.

There was no reason to approach the topic this way. We’re adults. Just say what the facts are and let the discussion unfold. My take would be the same, personally.

Why do you care? You really going to offer up that excuse considering the lunacy your side partakes in over issues they have no skin in the game with? With all the Virtue Signaling you guys do? if ekbeats link edits were real and not flip-flopped you and other posters in here would be losing your s###. GTHO with that take.

We should all be concerned that this type of hate is happening on a public university funded by taxpayers.

My take is that should be free to do as they please. You feel some authority should tell them how to run their house?

It's a co-op. The house is privately owned. I'm not sure what tax money of yours they'd be getting.

If I started a thread and did a stunt like that substituting crucial words to make the thread misleading in the OP and thread title, I am sure the mods would give me a lengthy time out, even though I later claimed it was just a "little thought experiment."
Your pattern and history of misbehavior would surely be the reason why. When someone constantly misbehaves, they usually get looked at more by the teachers.

My take is that should be free to do as they please. You feel some authority should tell them how to run their house?

It's a co-op. The house is privately owned. I'm not sure what tax money of yours they'd be getting.
I'm a liberal, but this is just one of those things that the best thing we can say is "yes, this is racist and stupid".

Speaking of privately owned, from what I gathered from the article, the private owner of the property that's also head of this organization said this is not part of their official policy. Seems to be just sort of a thing requested by somebody that lives there (or multiple somebody's). Assuming somebody that's some sort of authority figure in this house.

These people are, of course, absolute idiots. As were the authority figures in my college fraternity housing (rich 20 year olds that shot bottle rockets at me in my sleep).

The only thing I find interesting about this is the being triggered by white people because of exposure to white violence. White folks are absolutely violent. Just look at 99% of school shootings, mass murderers, and people that attack our government buildings.

But that's a thing I'd never heard of. I guess it's not much different than a battered women's shelter not wanting men around.

But it's all a form of racism and prejudice. It's never any good when we condemn an entire group for the actions of some bad actors in that group. It's simpler for our minds, but it's obviously very harmful.

Anyway, I've had a few cold pops. I'm liberal as hell. It's fine to try to understand and empathize, but any sort of defense of this isn't doing anybody any good.

Not if you live here in the sunny south it isn't. It works both ways right out in the open down here.

Fortunately, I had heard this story already, and yes, the PSF is the first place I thought of....never disappoints :lmao:

I'm a liberal, but this is just one of those things that the best thing we can say is "yes, this is racist and stupid".

Speaking of privately owned, from what I gathered from the article, the private owner of the property that's also head of this organization said this is not part of their official policy. Seems to be just sort of a thing requested by somebody that lives there (or multiple somebody's). Assuming somebody that's some sort of authority figure in this house.

These people are, of course, absolute idiots. As were the authority figures in my college fraternity housing (rich 20 year olds that shot bottle rockets at me in my sleep).

The only thing I find interesting about this is the being triggered by white people because of exposure to white violence. White folks are absolutely violent. Just look at 99% of school shootings, mass murderers, and people that attack our government buildings.

But that's a thing I'd never heard of. I guess it's not much different than a battered women's shelter not wanting men around.

But it's all a form of racism and prejudice. It's never any good when we condemn an entire group for the actions of some bad actors in that group. It's simpler for our minds, but it's obviously very harmful.

Anyway, I've had a few cold pops. I'm liberal as hell. It's fine to try to understand and empathize, but any sort of defense of this isn't doing anybody any good.

Sure, it's not a good look. Then you see where it is and kind of just roll your eyes. Starting threads like it's indicative of a wider trend or actual threat gets eye rolls from me. Especially with the roll this fool been on lately.

In contrast, at CPAC a few weeks ago they ran a banner across the stage with the slogan "We are all domestic terrorists" and noone ran to start a thread to hand wringle about that.

Not if you live here in the sunny south it isn't. It works both ways right out in the open down here.
Though thankful my kids have been exposed to a lot of diversity through their schools and seem to do well being inclusive in their own lives. Some of that, of course, comes from a home life where that is how they have been raised.

It certainly is, and it’s still FAR FAR more of an issue for POC then it is for whites. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/18/realestate/housing-discrimination-maryland.html

Always the victim

Always the victim
You can’t be serious. Being a victim is why OP started the thread. It’s more than half of the party of trumps platform. Illegals taking our jobs. Elites don’t care about us. Our “way of life” is being lost. People don’t tolerate religions like that used to…

I could go on.

Last edited:

Always the victim
You don’t have to be. Pick a topic, discuss your views on it for once. Stop whining about other posters.

And I would defend on that squid. I’m all about fairness. And believe it or not I like having you in the PSF. 👍

I don’t support this type of activity. It’s segregationist. I support looking past color. It seems to me that most people seem to agree with that, no matter which politicians or ideologies they support otherwise.

There was no reason to approach the topic this way. We’re adults. Just say what the facts are and let the discussion unfold. My take would be the same, personally.
Glad to hear you say that. 👍

I’ve always founds you to be a thoughtful poster. As for my tactics… what the hell… Why not make things interesting?

Users who are viewing this thread