What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

What if you're rebuilding a rebuild? Or maybe building from something that's been torn down so long that it's kinda considered a fresh build all over again?

I guess what I'm saying is: dibs on a top 5 pick again in 2024 comp draft.

What if you're rebuilding a rebuild? Or maybe building from something that's been torn down so long that it's kinda considered a fresh build all over again?

I guess what I'm saying is: dibs on a top 5 pick again in 2024 comp draft.
But are you trading?

Has anybody in this league ever done a successful rebuild driven primarily by prospects?

There have been teams that have come up from the bottom of the standings but I think they've all done it with a mix of prospects, vets and trades.

Has anybody in this league ever done a successful rebuild driven primarily by prospects?

There have been teams that have come up from the bottom of the standings but I think they've all done it with a mix of prospects, vets and trades.

I'm about to

We had an entire roster of prospects at one point a couple of years back. That is always step one. Kraft did the same if I remember right. Once you get enough hits to get a good mlb core, you can "Jeffersons" your roster with some vets through drafts or trades. That's where we are now imo.

We finally got a piece of the pie!

Last edited:
Am I missing something with Saves/Holds? There are a hundred holds guys still on waivers. Why chase any bullpen at this point? Maybe I'm missing something.

NODA=SOWaivers!

I've opened a ticket with Fantrax to see how to change the time of day that waivers runs. I don't know why they're currently running in the afternoon instead of the middle of the night.

I've opened a ticket with Fantrax to see how to change the time of day that waivers runs. I don't know why they're currently running in the afternoon instead of the middle of the night.
I liked that fwiw. Gets rid of that west coast bias.

Am I missing something with Saves/Holds? There are a hundred holds guys still on waivers. Why chase any bullpen at this point? Maybe I'm missing something.

NODA=SOWaivers!

You voted in favor of it last year :shrug:

SV + HLD for me as well, but I'll let @PIK95 cast our team's vote.
I can get on board if we have a year to phase in. We finally have closers!

The race for speculative holds is gonna be a gas.

NODA=SOWaivers!

You voted in favor of it last year :shrug:

SV + HLD for me as well, but I'll let @PIK95 cast our team's vote.
I can get on board if we have a year to phase in. We finally have closers!

The race for speculative holds is gonna be a gas.
That didn't mean I understand it? I'm just agreeable.

I wasn't complaining btw.

They don't run at any specific time of day. When the waiver time is set to 2 days, players clear 48 hours after they're dropped. It was that way last year.

You can see the exact time a player will come off waivers on his profile page.

They don't run at any specific time of day. When the waiver time is set to 2 days, players clear 48 hours after they're dropped. It was that way last year.

Hmm. I guess I still have CBS brain

Christopher Morel, Nick Madrigal and Patrick Wisdom all dropped today.

The Cubs' 3B battle is not Serious Business
I read Morel is probably gonna get sent down, and after a hot start he kinda sucked after that. We don't regret it.

Do we need 48 hour waivers/is that standard? I'm used to 24.

There was some discussion last year about how only a few teams were really competing and half the league or more was rebuilding and hoarding prospects. Saves were part of the reason why. They're a barrier to entry for teams looking to switch from rebuild mode to being competitive. You either had to win races to the wire on closer changes, pay a steep prospect price in trade, or try to compete while punting saves. All of those are really hard.

I think saves + holds will be a category teams can put up a fight in without messing up their rebuilds, and that will be a positive for the league as a whole.

There was some discussion last year about how only a few teams were really competing and half the league or more was rebuilding and hoarding prospects. Saves were part of the reason why. They're a barrier to entry for teams looking to switch from rebuild mode to being competitive. You either had to win races to the wire on closer changes, pay a steep prospect price in trade, or try to compete while punting saves. All of those are really hard.

I think saves + holds will be a category teams can put up a fight in without messing up their rebuilds, and that will be a positive for the league as a whole.

I don't see a reason for rebuilding teams to punt pitching categories in general. Every year there are pitchers who break out at the major league level while there are SB teams who rack up less than 1000 IP. You're going to need pitching when your hitting prospects reach the bigs and it's easier to do that if you at least have the core of a pitching staff assembled.

I don't see a reason for rebuilding teams to punt pitching categories in general. Every year there are pitchers who break out at the major league level while there are SB teams who rack up less than 1000 IP. You're going to need pitching when your hitting prospects reach the bigs and it's easier to do that if you at least have the core of a pitching staff assembled.
We built a decent staff in a couple of weeks over here. But I basically agree with what your selling.

I’m too dumb to find the pay function on Fantrax. Where do we pay?

I'd have to enable Fantrax Treasurer if that's the way we want to do it this year.

I think the only issue is how to handle the carryover payments from last season's winners.

I think the only issue is how to handle the carryover payments from last season's winners.
From their FAQ:

Can I pay for another team's league entry fee via the Fantrax Treasurer?
Yes, go to Other --> Make Treasurer Payment, enter the amount for the team you want to pay for, then click the "Continue Payment" button.

So I can just drop the rollovers in that way.

Should probably start the collection process. If @Eephus wants to enable Fantrax Treasurer I'm all for it, but if we're holding off on that for now I'll go ahead and post where to send $$$.

Either way, DrDetroit and Eephus are paid through past winnings and RnR via Pie discount.

Can we talk about adding 1-2 IR in season spots next year, in addition to where we are now roster wise. These dudes are made of glass. There are a ton of guys on waivers, prospects, RP's, and even some SP's. I think it will add to the fun and encourage people to play for this year instead of throwing in the towel for yet another "rebuild"..... Verlander, WAIT!

Proposed 2024 Rule Changes for discussion. Majority support needed to change.

1. Increase protected players from 25 to 26 to align with MLB active roster size @rodg12
2. Push back start of the minidraft to the week after Presidents Day @PIK95
3. Add 1-2 IL roster spots in-season @PIK95

Can we talk about adding 1-2 IR in season spots next year, in addition to where we are now roster wise. These dudes are made of glass. There are a ton of guys on waivers, prospects, RP's, and even some SP's. I think it will add to the fun and encourage people to play for this year instead of throwing in the towel for yet another "rebuild"..... Verlander, WAIT!
I don’t think it will change much , imo teams will just add 1-2 more prospects and things will be business as usual

I don’t think it will change much , imo teams will just add 1-2 more prospects and things will be business as usual
That's not a bad thing. Some teams may decide to add vets and try and win.
And I vote yes on all three changes. I don't love the holds/saves change, but majority rules. :JimmyCliff:

1. Yes
2. No
3. No (maybe?)

I agree with HT, 1 or 2 IL spots is basically just extra roster space. I’d stick Hoskins and Story there and grab 2 prospects.

It would be nice to give teams that have 5+ injuries some relief but I don’t know of a way to do that without other complications.

I vote no on all three to cancel out Pik's votes.

1. The minidraft hasn't been a game changer for competitive balance but an extra protected spot will mean even less talent changing hands.
  2. I like getting the minidraft over and done before the beginning of ST games and the Pie/Cake drafts.
  3. 17 man benches are big enough IMO.

Maybe we could cap the number of prospects protected by the standings.For that matter maybe just protect less players by standings. I dunno , feeling cute etc. Just spitballing.

Proposed 2024 Rule Changes for discussion. Majority support needed to change.

1. Increase protected players from 25 to 26 to align with MLB active roster size @rodg12
2. Push back start of the minidraft to the week after Presidents Day @PIK95
3. Add 1-2 IL roster spots in-season @PIK95
Position limits. 162 games per starting position. Not 10,000 waiver transactions to fill the roster every day and get 182 per position or whatever.

I don't know if anyone is actually doing this but implementing 162/starting spot is a no brainer IMO.

Position limits. 162 games per starting position. Not 10,000 waiver transactions to fill the roster every day and get 182 per position or whatever.

I don't know if anyone is actually doing this but implementing 162/starting spot is a no brainer IMO.

I looked at the top half teams in last year's league. Sparty's CI slot had the most games played at 179.

I don't know why we've never done this or if it was even configurable in CBS. It certainly is in Fantrax and seems like a reasonable change that should have a positive (albeit minor) impact on competitive balance.

Sparty's CI slot had the most games played at 179.
I'm too competitive not to shuffle guys in and out of the lineup if the rules allow it, but I don't love doing it. It's a lot of work for a small edge, and it encourages the rostering of platoon bats over prospects, which I don't think is ideal for a dynasty league.

Users who are viewing this thread