What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seventh Woods - Best 14 year old BBall player...EVER? (1 Viewer)

Usual21

Footballguy
I've seen videos and documentaries of high school players before. Namely, LeBron. But this is a video of an eighth grader. What he does in this highlight film is just SICK.

I'll say. What's that kid's vertical leap? My God, looks like he is playing on 8 foot baskets. Looks like the type of kid to go pro at 18.

Sorry, he's not an 8th grader. He's a freshman. At some points his head is almost hitting the rim on some of those blocks. He's only 6'1 :shock:

He's probably grow another 4-6 inches.

ESPN Profile

Last edited by a moderator:
How much he grows will mean more than anything else. Obviously crazy athleticism.

He'll get called all day long for the exaggerated cupping the dribble (even in the NBA)

that big cross over he takes above his shoulders with his right hand should be called every time.... about a dozen of them in the highlight reel.

Great hops...I stopped when he did the cross-over that he palmed above his shoulder...no way should he get away with that...not by refs and not by players...should make for an easy steal/poke-away...

Popinski said:
Key is how much taller he grows (eg, see: Schea Cotton).
If he's 6'1 with those bunnies he's tall enough. Should spend HOURS every day working on his handle. If he can dribble in addition to that athleticism he can write his own ticket.

matuski said:
that big cross over he takes above his shoulders with his right hand should be called every time.... about a dozen of them in the highlight reel.
While not as bad, the NBA allows carries, walks, and more moves of the sort all the time. The bigger star you are, the more leeway you get.

7th? He should be wearing #7.
Maybe when he gets to the NBA. But players college level and below can't have a number that uses a 6, 7, 8 or 9.
What is the reason for this?
Maybe when he gets to the NBA. But players college level and below can't have a number that uses a 6, 7, 8 or 9.
Easier for refs to signal who committed a foul with their fingers.
:goodposting:

There is a rule about this. From Wikipedia:

American basketball leagues at all levels traditionally use single and double digits between 0 and 5 (i.e. 0, 00, 1–5, 10–15, 20–25, 30–35, 40–45, and 50–55). The NCAA and most amateur competitions mandate that only these numbers be used. This eases non-verbal communication between referees, who use fingers to denote a player's number, and the official scorer. In college basketball, single-digit players' numbers are officially recorded as having a leading zero. Teams can have either a "0" or "00", but they cannot have both.
Basically, it eases the communication between the refs and the scorers; since you only have five fingers per hand, refs can only denote numbers one through five non-verbally. After a foul, if you watch the ref you'll notice that they show the scorers which player it was by showing their jersey number with their hands.

Edit:

This can be found here at the bottom of the grid. In the NCAA pdf on basketball rules, Rule 3, Article 5.b.2 the useable numbers are shown (this is on page 41 in the link):

The following numbers are legal: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 00, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55. Team rosters can include 0 or 00, but not both.

That is a very well made gifEta: is that from the video with Chris rock?

He actually did a quick check to make sure the guy who got dunked on was ok. Not enough diva in him to become one of the greats.

Sorry, he's not an 8th grader. He's a freshman. At some points his head is almost hitting the rim on some of those blocks. He's only 6'1 :shock:

ESPN Profile
You have no idea if this is true.

This video is what Harold Miner looked like in high school. He played against my high school as a senior. He was ridiculous. 8 years later he was done in the NBA after an unremarkable career.

ESPN Profile
You have no idea if this is true.

This video is what Harold Miner looked like in high school. He played against my high school as a senior. He was ridiculous. 8 years later he was done in the NBA after an unremarkable career.
Ronnie Fields was a Chicago area version of this. Due to a lot of messed up stuff (school stupid, car accident, sex assault charge) he never even got to college.

Played in the CBA and some foreign leagues.

My buddy has been on my case about us going to see him play this season. He thinks he's gonna be he next Lebron. So, ssometime in the next couple of months I'm gonna go watch this guy play. Would anyone else feel weird about going to a highschool basketball game even though you have no affiliation with that certain school?

My buddy has been on my case about us going to see him play this season. He thinks he's gonna be he next Lebron. So, ssometime in the next couple of months I'm gonna go watch this guy play. Would anyone else feel weird about going to a highschool basketball game even though you have no affiliation with that certain school?
I see you are in Lexington so you maybe able to answer this.

Is Hammond now recruiting basketball players? If not, his parents obviously have the money to pay for private school and that means his background is not like most.

I see you are in Lexington so you maybe able to answer this.

Is Hammond now recruiting basketball players? If not, his parents obviously have the money to pay for private school and that means his background is not like most.
I can't answer this without doing some research first.

I see you are in Lexington so you maybe able to answer this.Is Hammond now recruiting basketball players? If not, his parents obviously have the money to pay for private school and that means his background is not like most.
The private schools around here tend to set aside a number of scholarships for inner-city kids who just so happen to be really good at sports. Funny how that works.

Users who are viewing this thread