What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Severe weather outbreak expected tomorrow Chicago/Cinci Concern (1 Viewer)

So... Excuse my non knowledge on matters like this, at this point, what does it all mean now for Chicago game ?

- weather could be so bad that game is very low scoring = downgrade all players

- weather is so bad that game is delayed until conditions are much better, meaning no players are adversely effected.

- delayed but still starts in high winds and rain. Passing game downgraded.
The really tricky aspect for game officials today is the fact that these types of storms just blow up on radar within minutes. There's not much to look at right now and considering it's so close to game time would have a hard time justifying a delay at this point. But to your point, yes all of the above.

Gordon and Marshall are out of my lineup. I don't have the luxury of sitting and waiting to see. Just trying to decide on Bernard now

I'm just outside Chicago and the whole area is under a watch, it's been super windy/rainy all night. No rain right now but it's forecast with 25+mph winds, throw in the crappy Soldier Field turf and you'll have a mess. In perfect conditions the turf is garbage...

So... Excuse my non knowledge on matters like this, at this point, what does it all mean now for Chicago game ?

- weather could be so bad that game is very low scoring = downgrade all players

- weather is so bad that game is delayed until conditions are much better, meaning no players are adversely effected.

- delayed but still starts in high winds and rain. Passing game downgraded.
The really tricky aspect for game officials today is the fact that these types of storms just blow up on radar within minutes.
It was calm here one minute, then an unbelievable downpour, and now it's as calm as can be.

"The severe weather and tornadoes should pass through Chicago during kickoff or the first half of the game," stated AccuWeather.com Meteorologist Brian Thompson.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/chicago-tornado-bears-weather/20039576
"The severe weather and tornadoes should pass through Chicago during kickoff or the first half of the game," stated AccuWeather.com Meteorologist Brian Thompson.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/chicago-tornado-bears-weather/20039576
any chance they push the start back to 3:00 today?

Storms are beginning to fire in the Peoria area and heading NE. Bullseye to the start of the game. I would expect a delay at minimum.

Why don't think they just play the game later this afternoon instead of early? So they can keep the fans out of the stadium during the thunderstorms? This isn't very hard, Goodell.

If you look at the radar map on weather.com, just the very edge of the weather system is hitting the Cincy area. Not sure if that path will hold, but it look like, so far, the brunt of the storm is hitting just south of that area.

If you look at the radar map on weather.com, just the very edge of the weather system is hitting the Cincy area. Not sure if that path will hold, but it look like, so far, the brunt of the storm is hitting just south of that area.
Those are just the showers out ahead of the front. It's the pop up cells and the coinciding squall lines that could occur at any time today all throughout the midwest.

More food for thought is that the Pitt/Lions field had two games played on it this week and they are going to have sustained showers all day.

Ughh..what happens if the game is postponed or whatever? we get screwed over? I have Marshall
Postponing the game until tomorrow night (which doesn't appear likely) would be the best case scenario for fantasy. Give all of the players a chance to play in at least somewhat normal conditions.

Postponing the game until 3 pm locally could be a plus if the storm moves on by 2 pm as some forecasts have indicated. Unfortunately there's no reason to think postponing the start time will happen either.

Starting at noon locally in my opinion is by far the worst-case scenario for fantasy. Right now there's honestly no way to know what's going to happen in terms of the weather so if you have anyone connected to the Bears and Ravens passing game it's a complete shot in the dark as to whether you should start them or not.

Im in Lexington with directv - looks like I won't be watching NFL games this afternoon :kicksrock:

FFPC Week 11, gotta win to get in, Marshall/Gordon big part of the equation, not much you can do but strap in and enjoy the ride.

This is why they invented beer.

If there is lightning and they delay the game, they could delay it as long as they want today. Fans would not enjoy sitting out there all day but the NFL will not allow players on the field if there is lightning within a few miles of the stadium. Marshall excels at short pas routes so Chicago can still get the ball in his hands. I worry more about Campbell/Gordon but if the storms are not that bad in CInci then maybe there is hope for Gordon today. Gordon's game is long ball, Marshall can be effective just running 5-7 yard routes if he must.

Not sure if this was mentioned already (I didn't see it), but due to concerns for the safety of the ground crew at Soldier Field they pulled the tarps off two hours earlier than they normally would have as they didn't want them doing this during the forecasted winds. Could make for a very sloppy field.

They were talking about the potential for wind gusts in the 50-60 MPH range while this front passes through during gametime! :shock:

Soldier Field has already enacted an emergency plan. They will have the fans initially go into the corridors. There was a meeting with NFL and Soldier Field staff at 830 this morning. Contingency plans are in place and I would expect at least some type of delay.

I am 30 minutes West of Chicago and the winds are starting to really pick up. Been sunny and calm most of the morning (except for the hail storm about 4:30 this morning). This stuff is all over and leading local news casts this morning.

Soldier Field has already enacted an emergency plan. They will have the fans initially go into the corridors. There was a meeting with NFL and Soldier Field staff at 830 this morning. Contingency plans are in place and I would expect at least some type of delay.

I am 30 minutes West of Chicago and the winds are starting to really pick up. Been sunny and calm most of the morning (except for the hail storm about 4:30 this morning). This stuff is all over and leading local news casts this morning.
I think there was a preseason game with Denver that was delayed an hour and it really didn't even look that bad. Maybe it was a Sunday Night game relier this season, can't quite remember but at the time I thought it was a little overkill on the NFL part so if it's bad bad today I expect a major delay even if they have push it back 5 or 6 hours, not a problem in the NFL front offices.

Funnel cloud spotted near Harvard, Illinois. About 65 miles northwest of city of Chicago, about 10 miles from where I live.

I think there was a preseason game with Denver that was delayed an hour and it really didn't even look that bad. Maybe it was a Sunday Night game relier this season, can't quite remember but at the time I thought it was a little overkill on the NFL part so if it's bad bad today I expect a major delay even if they have push it back 5 or 6 hours, not a problem in the NFL front offices.
It was the Thursday night opening game. The storms were like 30 miles away and they still delayed the game.

More food for thought is that the Pitt/Lions field had two games played on it this week and they are going to have sustained showers all day.
How does this affect Det run game? Are bush owners concerned?
Bush wont be good between the tackles on that type of field but you can bet there will be plenty of those "extended hand offs". A ppr dream.

Huge line of storms growing to the South West of the city, near Ottawa. It's track is toward the city if Chicago right now.

Got Stafford as well and no back up QB. Only half presentable option on WW is Alex Smith. I'm getting more and more tempted by the minute

No choice with Tucker as we keep 2 Kickers and if I cut him someone else will grab him in dynasty. Z is off this week

my brother is at Heinz field. Rain with moderate wind now. conditions expected to deteriorate throughout the afternoon.

In a case like this you have to think safety first - even the all biz and dollar NFL realizes that nothing would be worse than a preventable weather related tragedy.

That said, I'd think the most dangerous thing would to have everyone tailgating and milling around before the game outside of the stadium should the dangerous winds and god forbid a tornado hit. It would seem that the safest option would be get everyone in the stadium and at least close to some indoor/shielded area like the corridors etc. A lot safer than standing around potential flying debris ( or worse) in a parking lot or outdoor concourse.

swapped out gould - sometimes these weather issues are overblown but not worth the risk for a kicker.

Pittsburgh's looking that bad, too? I have Reggie Bush and Antonio Brown...should I bench Brown for Keenan Allen?

Also live in Chicago, by the way. Things don't look bad yet. But you can tell something's coming. Sky has that dark/hazy look to it you usually don't see in November.

I have Folk @ BUF, but they are saying 30mph winds

Crosby is still out there as well as Succop. Crosby would suck too right? since the game is @NYG?

Pittsburgh's looking that bad, too? I have Reggie Bush and Antonio Brown...should I bench Brown for Keenan Allen?

Also live in Chicago, by the way. Things don't look bad yet. But you can tell something's coming. Sky has that dark/hazy look to it you usually don't see in November.
Is Brown your flex? My question is what other receivers are you going with outside of these two where Allen is that big of a luxury start. Need more info and folks are going to scream Asst Coach Forum, do as you like.

No choice with Tucker as we keep 2 Kickers and if I cut him someone else will grab him in dynasty. Z is off this week
No other kickers available on waivers though? It's a kicker, I wouldn't see the harm in losing Tucker in Dynasty and rolling with.. say... any other kicker in the league going forward instead.

I'm 8-2 and facing the other 8-2 team to be alone in first place. Now I have to debate whether I should start Gordon with the weather issues or Start Dobson vs. Carolina monday. Can't fantasy football ever be easy?

Users who are viewing this thread