What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shanahan/Kubiak (1 Viewer)

dhockster

Footballguy
Watching these two guys lately, it is amazing they won two superbowls together. Of course, John Elway and Terrell Davis had a lot to do with it but still.

They both are very stubborn coaches who are reluctant to change what they are doing, even when it is fairly apparent other teams seem to know what they are doing.

Do both get fired this offseason?

I think their time has come....man I remember when Shanny was considered maybe the best in the game, with Kubiak at his side....kinda funny how a guy like John Elway makes your system look much better than a guy like Schaub

The problem with Shanahan in recent years is that he isn't nearly as good a GM as he is a coach, but good luck telling him that. He took Denver to the AFC title game with Jake Plummer in 2005, so it is short-sighted to suggest that all of his success is owed to John Elway and Terrell Davis.

Shanahan, when given full control, can't field a defense. He's also got awful judgement when it comes to his coordinators. He's a mediocre drafter as well.

Both these guys should be on their way out after this season.

The problem with Shanahan in recent years is that he isn't nearly as good a GM as he is a coach, but good luck telling him that. He took Denver to the AFC title game with Jake Plummer in 2005, so it is short-sighted to suggest that all of his success is owed to John Elway and Terrell Davis.
I don't think all of his success is due to Elway and Davis. However, it is important to note that after Kubiak left the Broncos after the 2005 season, the Broncos went 24-24 with Shanahan over his last 3 seasons, and the Redskins have gone 24-34 in 3 plus seasons under Shanahan. Take out the 7 game win streak (outlier?) to end last year, and his record is only 17-34 with the Redskins. Shanahan and Kubiak appear to be much better coaches when they are working together than when they are working apart.

Users who are viewing this thread