What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shaun Alexander as good as a goner.. (1 Viewer)

From a espn chat:tony seattle: Will Shauna Alexander be in Seattle next season? Chris Mortensen: I kind of don't. I just know there has never been a lovefest there between Alexander and Holmgren. That goes against conventional wisdom.. you normally don't let a productive RB go. But I think he might not make it back.
Wrong, Chris. (Ahman Green). :hophead:

I don't have a clue how many drops Jackson had this year, but I saw him make several tougher catches this year that he didn't make last year. However, I'm convinced that Robinson may have the worst hands of any starting WR I've ever seen in Seattle. As a homer, I hope Robinson is shipped out of town this offseason.
Jackson had 11 drops, tied for 2nd worst in the league with Driver behind CJ (14). Robinson had 10, which brought him in at an impressive tie for 4th.COlin
So, let's see... Chad Johnson had the most drops, Driver and Jackson tied for 2nd.It doesn't look like drops is a category I'd pay much attention to then.
And Terrell Owens is traditionally up near the league lead too...drops is one of those things that, as long as it's coming with a commensurate level of excellence, you can live with.

Driving home in Phoenix today and listening to sports talk radio. A caller asked about the Cardinals acquiring Alexander and the two bufoons taking calls laughed him off the air. They were 100% sure that Alexander would be back with Seattle.All I could think of was the PFW article that said that Seahawks insiders thought that it was 60-40 proposition in favor of Alexander departing.Five teams desperately need backs: Arizona, Miami, Oakland, Tampa Bay and Carolina. (Yes Carolina, Foster is a crapshoot with his injuries and Davis is no lock to return. Carolina is a big of a player for these RBs as anyone.) Jordan and Alexander are the two biggest names and Arizona and Oakland are the two hungriest teams. I think you'll see Alexander in one city and Jordan in the other.My guess Alexender is a Raider, Jordan a Cardinal.
I don't think Tampa Bay needs to spend big money on a running back........Pittman does a good job there, IMO, when given the touches.
I see TB grabbing a RB in the 3rd or 4th rounds, possibly second to push Pittman in Training camp and the entire season. I expect TB to have a starting RB at the end of the season that was selected in the draft in April....

One guy= huge percent of capToo many people think every team would want a back as good as Edge or Shaun. In a daydream they would but in reality it's not the same at all.

The one thing I know for sure is that Seattle's "Capologist" will earn his money this offseason. Good luck signing the 3 hardest positions in the same year. :wall:

I don't have a clue how many drops Jackson had this year, but I saw him make several tougher catches this year that he didn't make last year. However, I'm convinced that Robinson may have the worst hands of any starting WR I've ever seen in Seattle. As a homer, I hope Robinson is shipped out of town this offseason.
Jackson had 11 drops, tied for 2nd worst in the league with Driver behind CJ (14). Robinson had 10, which brought him in at an impressive tie for 4th.COlin
Could we see this as a percentage of targets? TIA. Also, where are we getting these? I don't think drops are an official NFL stat. Are they?

Didnt Holmgren draft Alexander?? If so, why the desire to get rid of him from day 1?
Do you think he really "wanted to get rid of him from day 1", because you read it on a message board? Of course he didn't.

How secure is Holmgren...couldn't this just be part of a housecleaning to let a new coach/GM put their own stamp on this team?

This has been obvious since before the season.  They've never viewed Alexander as one of the top backs in the league despite his statistics.  I think they believe that many backs can succeed in their system
:no: They're mistaken.............sometimes you don't know what you have until you've lost it.
Or if you've lived in Cleveland for the past 20 years, you've never had an RB.Its just crazy. The Seahawks can throw away Ahman Green and Shaun Alexander and we can't get anything going over here.
Jim Brown hangover I think.He was just too good to replace.

Could we see this as a percentage of targets? TIA. Also, where are we getting these? I don't think drops are an official NFL stat. Are they?
Link - everything you need...CJ - 14 drops in 170 targetsDjax - 11 drops in 156 targetsColin

Drops are tracked as a stat although I don't know if it's official. They are subjective based on if they are deemed catchable. Hence the subjectivity.

So, let's see... Chad Johnson had the most drops, Driver and Jackson tied for 2nd.It doesn't look like drops is a category I'd pay much attention to then.
Well my WR1 & 2 in WSL. Obviously this mean there is opportunity for improvement from these 2 top 10 receivers. :thumbup:

Say Hello to your 2005 Starting Tailback for the Seattle SeaHawks........KERRY CARTERGood Kid from the Toronto Area - had an opportunity to see him play on more than one occasion. Vision, speed and burst - he'll make an impact in 2005 for Seattle Guaranteed.He reminds me a bit of Fred Taylor the way he moves but with more push.
IOW-no TD's?

Say Hello to your 2005 Starting Tailback for the Seattle SeaHawks........KERRY CARTERGood Kid from the Toronto Area - had an opportunity to see him play on more than one occasion. Vision, speed and burst - he'll make an impact in 2005 for Seattle Guaranteed.He reminds me a bit of Fred Taylor the way he moves but with more push.
Carter, in his senior year in college, had 497 yards rushing, averaged 3.6 yards per carry and had 2 TDs. There is no way he is an NFL starting running back.

Morris has shown terrific potential. SEA would be dumb to hand him the job without a plan B, but he deserves the first shot. Sign Hasselbeck, sign Jones to protect him and create holes, and pick up a RB with some upside like the dumper or grab the best RB talent that slips in the upcoming draft (3/4 rd).

% passes drop of targets for "drop leaders"
Code:
1	Az-Zahir Hakim	DET  10   57  17.50%2	Josh Reed	BUF  6   37  16.20%3	Dante Hall	KCC  6   38  15.70%4	Koren Robinson	SEA  10   67  14.90%5	Darius Watts	DEN  6   53  11.30%6	Keary Colbert	CAR  10   92  10.80%7	Santana Moss	NYJ  7   78  8.90%8	Troy Edwards	JAX  7   80  8.70%9	Rod Gardner	WAS  9   106  8.40%9	David Patten	NWE  8   95  8.40%11	Chad Johnson	CIN  14   170  8.20%12	Antonio Bryant	CLE  8   99  8.00%12	Donald Driver	GNB  11   137  8.00%14	Doug Gabriel	OAK  6   79  7.50%14	Eddie Kennison	KCC  8   106  7.50%16	Jimmy Smith	JAX  10   137  7.20%17	Darrell Jackson	SEA  11   156  7.00%18	Roy Williams	DET  7   118  5.90%19	Jerry Porter	OAK  8   136  5.80%20	Marty Booker	MIA  6   105  5.70%21	Amani Toomer	NYG  6   107  5.60%22	Terrell Owens	PHI  7   127  5.50%23	Isaac Bruce	STL  8   148  5.40%24	Nate Burleson	MIN  5   102  4.90%25	Drew Bennett	TEN  7   144  4.80%26	Peerless Price	ATL  5   106  4.70%26	Donte' Stallworth	NOR  5   106  4.70%28	Eric Moulds	BUF  7   152  4.60%29	Joe Horn	NOR  7   153  4.50%30	Rod Smith	DEN  6   136  4.40%31	Laveranues Coles	WAS  7   168  4.10%32	Muhsin Muhammad	CAR  6   160  3.70%
K-Rob = drops a lot of passesD-Jax = more average

Morris has shown terrific potential.
I still don't see where people are getting this "Morris has great potential" argument.It seems like Holmgren said some positive things about him a few years ago, and all of a sudden he's the second coming of Alexander.He's had exactly 100 carries in his career for 518 yards. Granted, that's a gaudy 5.2 YPC, but a very small sample and a lot of them most likely on 3rd and long.I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but I'm just not seeing where all the pro-Morris talk is coming from.

I still don't see where people are getting this "Morris has great potential" argument.It seems like Holmgren said some positive things about him a few years ago, and all of a sudden he's the second coming of Alexander.He's had exactly 100 carries in his career for 518 yards. Granted, that's a gaudy 5.2 YPC, but a very small sample and a lot of them most likely on 3rd and long.I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but I'm just not seeing where all the pro-Morris talk is coming from.
Where is all the pro-Morris talk? It's not in this thread. I happen to think he could be very productive if given opportunity, something he won't get behind SA. My comments were based on watching him. SA was hurt some in '03 and Morris got some carries. He looked good.

Where is all the pro-Morris talk? It's not in this thread.
No, but it's been in several threads over the past few years. He's up there with Verron Haynes in terms of wishful thinkers.

He's had exactly 100 carries in his career for 518 yards. Granted, that's a gaudy 5.2 YPC, but a very small sample and a lot of them most likely on 3rd and long.
How often did the Seahawks run on 3rd and long?I don't watch their games, but that's pretty rare in the NFL.

He's had exactly 100 carries in his career for 518 yards. Granted, that's a gaudy 5.2 YPC, but a very small sample and a lot of them most likely on 3rd and long.
How often did the Seahawks run on 3rd and long?I don't watch their games, but that's pretty rare in the NFL.
Most teams pass on 3rd & long unless they are inside their 10. Then you usually see a 2-3 yard gain.

Most teams pass on 3rd & long unless they are inside their 10. Then you usually see a 2-3 yard gain.
yep, hence the question.Somehow I doubt Mo got the 3rd and long goalline carries, so I'd really like to know how "a lot of his carries most likely on 3rd and long." :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle has actually had a history of excellent production at RB from Warner to Warren to Watters to Alexander. I believe Alexander has proven himself to be extremly productive and don't necessarily agree with Shick! that you could plug any decent RB into that system and have the same production, however I think it's clear that there's always been a locker room/personality issue with Alexander and Holmgren. Whether that extends to Alexander and other players is an unknown.However, there is such an abundance of RB talent available via free agency, trade and the draft I hardly think it's unreasonable for SEA to prioritize their three big free agents as:1) Walter Jones2) Walter Jones3) Walter Jones (nice call Ruds ;) )4) Matt Hasselbeck5) Shaun Alexander
One name that is constantly lost in the Seattle free agency shuffle: Robbie Tobeck. Starting C for 64 straight games might be gone after this season. He's getting old, but you never wanna see guys from a consistent unit leave. Their backup C is an undrafted FA out of NFL Europe.Also starting RG Chris Gray (80 straight starts) is a FA. Another old guy, but that's potentially 3 o-linemen who could be gone in Seattle for all you "they have to sign Shaun Alexander first" guys.

Link - everything you need...CJ - 14 drops in 170 targetsDjax - 11 drops in 156 targetsColin
Thanks Colin. Good info. I can't believe, however, that David Terrell had only 4 drops in 90 targets. I watched every Bears game this year and for some reason it almost seemed as if he was dropping at least on per game.

Pleas explain. You're not saying he doesn't have talent but what are you saying? Some say he looks good and could be the man. I think he can be the man and while he's only had 100 carries I do not see where those carry do anything other than acknowledge he must be pretty good. Alexander hasn't been injured so he hasn't been give the opportunity. The coaches see him in practice every day and have the advantage over us in eveluating him. Do you feel he could be the man? Or are you saying he hasn't looked good and cannot be the man? If so, what is it you do not like about him?

I live in Seattle and see a lot of Seahawk games. I am not a big fan however.

But here's my thoughts:

Alexander is gone. He wants WAY too much money, and doesn't particularly want to play for Seattle. He wants notoriety, and a team that he is the star on. I know he's a quiet guy, but he's said on several occasions that he wants to be more in the spotlight. Also, he has earned the right to ask for a lot of money with his huge statistics.

He is a very talented back. However, he is not a hard runner, and if ever a running back was finesse, he would be it. He "slides" into holes. Which can get be a great thing sometimes. However, it's very frustrating to Holmgren, and a lot of the fans. He really only appears to run hard near the goal line. Also, it gives the team a weak feeling. Some teams can just bash at the defense and take their will away. Seattle could never do this with Alexander. Seattle never competes with the tough teams due to this mentality. The grittiest skill guy on the offense is the QB. That is pretty lame.

As for his replacement, Morris is not a starting quality back. Holmgren is very complimentary of him, and he is an excellent reciever, but he just isn't a great back. He is pretty quick, but not very powerful at all. He seems to be suited for the 3rd down role.

If I was running management, I would make a strong effort to sign a back, or draft one very early. Someone mentioned a combo of Morris/3rd-4th round pick at the RB spot. This will NOT get it done in my view. Seattle, as weak as they are, can still compete in this horrid division. They will want a decent running game.

Team priorities should be:

1. Jones - Tag, or prefferably longer term deal.

2. Hasselbeck - Long term deal, not worth the tag.

3. Ken Lucas - Keep the CB tandem in line. This is not the weakness of the defense.

4. Alexander - At this low of a priority, you can say goodbye. Hopefully they can use the tag on him to get some value in return.

Thanks Colin. Good info. I can't believe, however, that David Terrell had only 4 drops in 90 targets. I watched every Bears game this year and for some reason it almost seemed as if he was dropping at least on per game.
Gotta agree. More than 4 for sure.

Pleas explain. You're not saying he doesn't have talent but what are you saying? Some say he looks good and could be the man. I think he can be the man and while he's only had 100 carries I do not see where those carry do anything other than acknowledge he must be pretty good. Alexander hasn't been injured so he hasn't been give the opportunity. The coaches see him in practice every day and have the advantage over us in eveluating him. Do you feel he could be the man? Or are you saying he hasn't looked good and cannot be the man? If so, what is it you do not like about him?
My point is that I don't know if he has the talent, since I haven't seen him play that much. That said, I haven't heard a whole lot from Seahawks brass that he can or will assume the reins as an everydown back. I lump him into the Verron Haynes camp in terms of "potential" players that coaches say some nice things about, and a lot of us FBGs (myself included) tend to overanalyze. But when it comes down to it, all these guys wind up being is solid backups or 3rd down guys.

My point is that I don't know if he has the talent, since I haven't seen him play that much. That said, I haven't heard a whole lot from Seahawks brass that he can or will assume the reins as an everydown back. I lump him into the Verron Haynes camp in terms of "potential" players that coaches say some nice things about, and a lot of us FBGs (myself included) tend to overanalyze. But when it comes down to it, all these guys wind up being is solid backups or 3rd down guys.
:yes: Raises a good point, sometimes overlooked. Coaches almost always say good things about their backups, partly because it keeps them motivated, partly to make news about them, and partly because they truly mean it - maybe from a good practice or a few good plays. But FFers very often take this as gospel. Mo and Haynes are top examples, but a better one may be Lamont Jordan. The coaches and even Curtis Martin say he's an exceptional talent, needs to play more, etc. Well, they've said that for at least 3 years now, but he is still a backup, CurMar still getting the vast majority of the carries. Bottom line: take anything said with a grain of salt.

:yes: Raises a good point, sometimes overlooked. Coaches almost always say good things about their backups, partly because it keeps them motivated, partly to make news about them, and partly because they truly mean it - maybe from a good practice or a few good plays. But FFers very often take this as gospel. Mo and Haynes are top examples, but a better one may be Lamont Jordan. The coaches and even Curtis Martin say he's an exceptional talent, needs to play more, etc. Well, they've said that for at least 3 years now, but he is still a backup, CurMar still getting the vast majority of the carries. Bottom line: take anything said with a grain of salt.
I generally agree with you, and while this is for another thread, I would put Jordan above these guys. Yes, he's a guy that people (including Curtis) have said good things about, but there's a "buzz" around the league about Jordan that doesn't appear to be evident with Morris or Haynes.

Methinks the Giants and Seahawks should just swap running backs. Dayne goes to Seatlle, Alexander comes to the Big Apple. That way everybody who secondguessed Accorsi for taking Dayne in the first place can see how the RB who should've been drafted in Dayne's spot would perform in the Giants O.If Holmgren dislikes Alexander I can't come up with a word for how he'll feel about Dayne!

IMHO Alexander is moreso a by-product of the Seattle offense and O-line. Seattle's O-line is in the same breath as Denver and KC and look what they can do. Just look at this year in KC to see that they could plug ANY RB in there and he will be productive. Same idea in Seattle.Everyone thought Portis was a god-send in Denver. Why, oh Why would they let him go if he is the one of the best RBs in the game at the time like all of you are shouting right now about Alexander? What happened with Droughns this year? You think Droughns is that good or are his numbers are moreso a by-product of the O-line? Same idea in Seattle. Behind a line like this in Seattle, there are many RBs who could amass the numbers Alexander did and hence that makes him replacebale and not worth all the money he may be asking for.

I think it comes down to the cap with Alexander and he is likely gone. But:With all the RBs available this off-season, how will the market respond to demand? It is likely that Alexander won't get the bucks he wants no matter where he ends up. So any chance that Seattle makes him a decent offer, and then let's him test the waters hoping he comes back?After all, other teams will have the same situation: big bucks for Alexander or less bucks for Henry or Moore or A-Train or whoever.

Leading RB on Holmgren's teams:

Code:
Alexander 353/1696/16Alexander 326/1435/14Alexander 295/1175/16Alexander 309/1318/16Watters 278/1242/7Watters 325/1210/5Holmes 93/386/1Levens 329/1435/7Bennett 222/899/2Bennett 316/1067/3Bennett 178/623/5Thompson 169/6543Workman 159/631/2
Alexander has certainly been the Bell cow, but Holmgren has had a 1,000 yard back in 8 of 13 seasons...and 7 of those were 1,200 yard backs.

Gotta agree. More than 4 for sure.
:rotflmao: at Koren Robinson's 10 drops in 67 targets. Should this guy even be in the NFL? :confused:

with all this talk of alexander being a by product of the seattle offense, has anyone lookedat edge? rhodes and mungro put uppretty decent stats in the past while filling in for an injured edge. as far as alexander wanting way too much money, does anyone evn know what kind of cash he is looking for?

IMHO Alexander is moreso a by-product of the Seattle offense and O-line. Seattle's O-line is in the same breath as Denver and KC and look what they can do. Just look at this year in KC to see that they could plug ANY RB in there and he will be productive. Same idea in Seattle.Everyone thought Portis was a god-send in Denver. Why, oh Why would they let him go if he is the one of the best RBs in the game at the time like all of you are shouting right now about Alexander? What happened with Droughns this year? You think Droughns is that good or are his numbers are moreso a by-product of the O-line? Same idea in Seattle. Behind a line like this in Seattle, there are many RBs who could amass the numbers Alexander did and hence that makes him replacebale and not worth all the money he may be asking for.
I strongly disagree.Portis, Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Reuben D, Priest Holmes, Derrick Blalock, etc... all backs who were under the radar, who never did anything special in their careers, who exploded on to the scene being in the right system.SA has been a star ever since he put on cleats. He holds scoring records in every level he has played in, included the SEC. Alexander is a star, and always has been. Nothing to do with the system.

A guy with an injury history who runs a 4.6+ is going to be the guy for the Seahawks? This I've gotta see.Colin
At least people have given up on Clarence Farmer...I hope
Damn, I was going post "Bring back Clarence Farmer!!" :lol:

I strongly disagree.Portis, Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Reuben D, Priest Holmes, Derrick Blalock, etc... all backs who were under the radar, who never did anything special in their careers, who exploded on to the scene being in the right system.SA has been a star ever since he put on cleats. He holds scoring records in every level he has played in, included the SEC. Alexander is a star, and always has been. Nothing to do with the system.
:confused: When was Clinton Portis not a star, under the radar? He was a 2nd round pick, from Miami (FL) and highly regarded. The only reason he slipped was fumbling issues.Much like Portis, Alexander has been in the right system from the start, so your argument fails there.If he had started out in another city and been very good, then it would have more merit.BTW - Priest did have one good year in Baltimore.

The Seahawks are fools. They pay an over-rated WR like Darrell Jackson $25 million but won't resign Alexander. I've rooted for the Seahawks for years and thought Holmgren would turn the team around but they are in shambles. They wouldn't even resign their franchise LT and keep giving him the franchise tag every year. Now Hasselbeck could be gone because they were too stupid to resign him earlier. Their personnel decision make zero sense to me.
I won't argue about them being fools, the firing of Whitsett sort of proves that, but SA is a weird situation. He will NOT succeed as highly in another system with a lesser OL. Additionally, the passing game should pick up next year cutting into his numbers. SA is not going to another team with such inconsistent WRs, so his production won't be that high. ALso, with all the FAs the 'Hawks have to sign, using half of their money on one player doesn't make sense when they can get 80% of his production from much cheaper sources. As long as they use the money to resign Jones (who STILL wants record setting $$) and LG Hutchinson. Hass is as good as re-signed with Holmgren still here. He'd be a complete fool to go out from under Holmie's umbrella and I don't think he's a fool. Some him some WRs that can CATCH THE #######G BALL and he's a regular in Hawaii every year. AS for Jackson, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of the sickness and death of his father, I'll pass judgement on him if he doesn't pick it up next year.

IMHO Alexander is moreso a by-product of the Seattle offense and O-line.

Seattle's O-line is in the same breath as Denver and KC and look what they can do. Just look at this year in KC to see that they could plug ANY RB in there and he will be productive. Same idea in Seattle.

Everyone thought Portis was a god-send in Denver. Why, oh Why would they let him go if he is the one of the best RBs in the game at the time like all of you are shouting right now about Alexander? What happened with Droughns this year? You think Droughns is that good or are his numbers are moreso a by-product of the O-line? Same idea in Seattle.

Behind a line like this in Seattle, there are many RBs who could amass the numbers Alexander did and hence that makes him replacebale and not worth all the money he may be asking for.
I'll add that no back is likely to come into Seattle and put up 1700 yards and 20 TDs, regardless of the line. It could happen, but nobody expects any back to come in there and produce as much as SA. But with the system and line there, another back could put up similar numbers. The goal would be to raise the passing production (i.e. catch the ball) to "compensate" for the drop in RB production. SA is clearly a special back, but he is not a complete elite back. His stats will command a huge contract wherever god wants him to be and the Hawks have more glaring needs to fill than spend a lot on a primadonna who can't be counted on to get 1 yard when the pressure's on. Whoever overpays for him will find out quickly how much the line had to do with his success. Not to take any of it away from him, but he gets tons of yards before he's even touched and isn't a defense dominating physical back. Portis' production dropped in the new system into the upper average area and I'd expect SA to do the same (or worse in Miami). However it goes, we have too many key people to sign to break the bank for one player. I'll gladly take a 15-20% drop in RB production to keep the core of the team together and improve the passing and defensive games.

Alexander is a star, and always has been. Nothing to do with the system.
Could you expand on this idea? If you were a scout looking to sign him to a FA contract, what would your player evaluation of him look like?

Alexander is a star, and always has been. Nothing to do with the system.
Could you expand on this idea? If you were a scout looking to sign him to a FA contract, what would your player evaluation of him look like?
This quote taken from a previous Seattle/SA thread seems to sum it up best IMO. :thumbup: "...It's hard to list his strengths because his has a somewhat odd running style... IMO.He does not have blazing speed ala Portis.He does not have the best cut backs ala Tomlinson.He rarely runs over defenders ala Bettis.Not the best stiff arm ala Dillon.Here's what I like about Shaun:1) Runs low....difficult to tackle.2) Never never never ever takes a big hit. This keeps him healthy.3) I think he understands the running game....in that he knows when to just fall forward for three yards. Some backs are looking to hit that homerun every play and end up running up the ### of their blocks and take losses. Shaun is patient and always follows his blocks.4) In the open field he is elusive, not amazing but very effective.5) Can catch the ball out the backfield...again very solid not spectular.6) He's not a loud mouth..other than this latest "stabbed" incident.7) Extremly good on blizt pick up.8) Always gets stronger as the game goes on. Great in the 4th Quarter...."Here's another good one... IMO. :thumbup: "...In Alexander’s first four full seasons of play...... has never missed a game due to injury.... has averaged 320 carries a season.... has averaged 1406 rushing yards a season.... has averaged 42 receptions a season.... has averaged 342 receiving yards a season.... has averaged 17.5 total TDs a season...."

7) Extremly good on blizt pick up.
The Seattle coaching staff strenuously disagrees. Alexander was getting benched on 3rd and long at the end of the season for this specific reason. Both Morris and Strong were on the field way more often on third down. This is main reason for his big decline in receptions this season.

[1) Runs low....difficult to tackle.2) Never never never ever takes a big hit. This keeps him healthy.3) I think he understands the running game....in that he knows when to just fall forward for three yards. Some backs are looking to hit that homerun every play and end up running up the ### of their blocks and take losses. Shaun is patient and always follows his blocks.4) In the open field he is elusive, not amazing but very effective.5) Can catch the ball out the backfield...again very solid not spectular.6) He's not a loud mouth..other than this latest "stabbed" incident.7) Extremly good on blizt pick up.8) Always gets stronger as the game goes on. Great in the 4th Quarter...."
Sounds eerily similar to descriptions of Emmitt Smith in his hey-day.

Some backs are looking to hit that homerun every play and end up running up the ### of their blocks and take losses.
That is Shaun Alexander. He dances around the line of scrimmage and never runs for the 4-5 yards, instead he tries to get the big run on every play. Its good in some regards but brutal when you are trying to move the sticks and keep a drive alive.Alexander may be a decent back, but playing behind Seattle' line has inflated his numbers substantially. If he does in fact leave to a team that has a weaker O-line, you will see this.

That right system is an awesome O-line.Playing behind a great O-line does wonders for a running game. Alexander may have been a star his whole life, but if he was playing elsewhere, he would not be close to the stats he has now in Seattle.Just look at those RBs you named and tell me how a great O-line affected them? It would be great to have Alexander back but not if it means breaking the bank and not being able to improve the team in other aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread