What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sheard, Jabaal CLE LB (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
MFL already change him from DE to LB; thats a little quick isn't, off-season hasn't started yet

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they already know that he's making the switch
do they have a crystal ball?New Browns DC Ray Horton hasn't decided how he'll use DE Jabaal Sheard in his 3-4 system.It's been assumed Sheard will make the transition to outside linebacker. "Jabaal is a guy that I have seen on film that can rush the quarterback and is athletic," Horton said. "What we are going to do as a coaching staff is put each one of our guys in the best position. … He can be a linebacker, he can be (an end). I want him to tell me what he can do best and not put a label on what he is." Horton has said he isn't married to a 3-4 front, but Sheard is still likely to see the majority of his snaps at linebacker. Coming off a promising rookie campaign, Sheard took a step back in 2012, so a position switch might not be the worst thing.

There's been a lot of changes in players positions. Will Smith is already a LB as well. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

And McLeod Bethel-Thompson doesn't even exist in MFL's universe anymore. MFL has some oddities with the players in general currently.

I would rather they did it now.worst thing is when you draft a DE in the 3 or 3 round, and then suddenly he becomes a LB before he even plays a down.I love MFL, but position changes should be after a full season's play ie now, not just when camp opens.

Is anyone unloading Sheard in Deep Dyn leagues because of this? I have Bishop, Butler, L.David, and Demario Davis. I really don't need Sheard at all.

Idiots should have moved Ninkovich to def end. Moving guys who haven't even officially played there yet. How about a guy who played there all last season.

Is anyone unloading Sheard in Deep Dyn leagues because of this? I have Bishop, Butler, L.David, and Demario Davis. I really don't need Sheard at all.
I'd love to unload him in the one league were I own him(similar situation in that I'm loaded at LB and he's a redundancy there), but good luck selling that he's going to be an impact LB to anyone.Basically resigned to holding and hoping, somehow, that Horton "hybrid-izes" the D and he regains DL status or that he somehow morphs into Lamar Woodley(when Woodley wasn't fat). Not very hopeful on either count.

Idiots should have moved Ninkovich to def end. Moving guys who haven't even officially played there yet. How about a guy who played there all last season.
No doubt. Rotoworld isnt the pinnacle of position knowledge. MFL should re-evaluate who it partners with for its information.

Could be used in 'Elephant' role - similar to how Patriots used to use Willie McGinest. took years for him to do anythign in thta role though....

it just a little early for this IMO
What's the problem? Want to rip some people off in trades and know they'll know better? ;) Love those guys.
no, but MFL should wait till atleast camps start and offical changes are made. The coach has even been quoted as stating he doesn't know how he'll use the personel yet.
From the MFL Help Menu: We use Rotoworld.com as our official source for player positions. Any changes that Rotoworld.com makes to our player positions will be displayed in your Player Position Changes site news located under the Help > What's New Link. We update the player positions several times during the preseason, with our last update just before the regular season starts. And if we ever make a position change you don't agree with, commissioners can always override the default player position via the Change Player Position page. This is the best option for your league during the regular season, because we generally do not make site-wide player position updates during the season.

it just a little early for this IMO
What's the problem? Want to rip some people off in trades and know they'll know better? ;) Love those guys.
no, but MFL should wait till atleast camps start and offical changes are made. The coach has even been quoted as stating he doesn't know how he'll use the personel yet.
And if we ever make a position change you don't agree with, commissioners can always override the default player position via the Change Player Position page. This is the best option for your league during the regular season, because we generally do not make site-wide player position updates during the season.
This. Our league has always used nfl.com and the official team sites for position designations, that and "coach-speak". We never use MFL designations as they are too unreliable and doing so would skew the competitive balance of our league.It's why for example, we have listed Terrell Suggs as a LB for years now, not a DE.

This is touchy because of this quote by Horton

That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."

So how does one treat this. I see it alot like Suggs in the end. Problem is it is how Rotoworld puts things for MFL.

That's the rub. It all depends on how he's classified. Obviously, if he retains DE classification, but is getting a large run at LB, he gains a decent chunk of value. A ton in certain scoring systems.

He gets classified as a LB only and I can't see being able to roster him, personally.

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes the Browns will trade one of OLB/DE Jabaal Sheard or DE/DT Ahtyba Rubin.
Sheard and Rubin aren't believed to be great fits for the new 3-4 scheme, and both players are young and skilled enough to bring back some value. Sheard, 24 next month, has 15.5 sacks in his two seasons. Rubin, 26, goes 6-foot-2 and 330 pounds, and he is strong versus the run with a bit of pass rush skill. The Browns are without a second-round pick, so that's likely the asking price.

I'm going to hold on to guys like Sheard and Curry in hopes that a 4-3 team trades a late pick for them during the draft.

I already traded sheard in one of my leagues but will hang on to him now that there is hope he will land as a 4-3 DE again. Also have Rhubin in a DT required league. Would be nice if he was traded to a team that needed a run plugging DT.

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes the Browns will trade one of OLB/DE Jabaal Sheard or DE/DT Ahtyba Rubin.
Sheard and Rubin aren't believed to be great fits for the new 3-4 scheme, and both players are young and skilled enough to bring back some value. Sheard, 24 next month, has 15.5 sacks in his two seasons. Rubin, 26, goes 6-foot-2 and 330 pounds, and he is strong versus the run with a bit of pass rush skill. The Browns are without a second-round pick, so that's likely the asking price.

I'm going to hold on to guys like Sheard and Curry in hopes that a 4-3 team trades a late pick for them during the draft.
Rubin makes $6 million+, Sheard under a million. Probably easier to trade Sheard for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Rubin makes $6 million+, Sheard under a million. Probably easier to trade Sheard for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
i doubt anyone will give a 2nd, especially w/ the depth of DL this yr but if a 3rd gets coughed up they should take it an run

Browns selected LSU OLB Barkevious Mingo with the No. 6 overall pick.
Mingo (6-foot-4, 241) tormented the SEC to the tune of 15 tackles for loss and eight sacks as a sophomore before his production dipped to 8.5 TFLs and 4.5 sacks last year. LSU coaches asked Mingo to work more in containment, but he failed to finish plays and must learn to play with better leverage. Still a highly explosive edge presence with big upside, Mingo is relentless with rare speed and length (33 3/4" arms). At the Combine, he ranked first among D-Linemen in the ten-yard split (1.55) and broad jump (10-foot-8), as well as second in the forty (4.58) and vertical (37"). Mingo will convert to outside linebacker in Cleveland's 3-4, where he'll be a natural fit. Jabaal Sheard may want to start packing his bags.

Browns selected LSU OLB Barkevious Mingo with the No. 6 overall pick.
Mingo (6-foot-4, 241) tormented the SEC to the tune of 15 tackles for loss and eight sacks as a sophomore before his production dipped to 8.5 TFLs and 4.5 sacks last year. LSU coaches asked Mingo to work more in containment, but he failed to finish plays and must learn to play with better leverage. Still a highly explosive edge presence with big upside, Mingo is relentless with rare speed and length (33 3/4" arms). At the Combine, he ranked first among D-Linemen in the ten-yard split (1.55) and broad jump (10-foot-8), as well as second in the forty (4.58) and vertical (37"). Mingo will convert to outside linebacker in Cleveland's 3-4, where he'll be a natural fit. Jabaal Sheard may want to start packing his bags.
Sheard isn't going anywhere.

The Browns defense will play plenty of 4-3 and Sheard is a much better fit to put his hand down than Mingo at this point in time. Mingo, at 237 lbs, isn't stout enough to man-up on NFL tackles without a two or three step head start moving up from the outside or in a wide-nine stance.

Bottom line, Sheard is still very-much in the Browns defensive plans this year even if it isn't agreeable to IDP defensive stats or to IDP fantay players who want him back to a designated listing as a 4-3 DE.

Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread