What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should the Amendola owner burn a top waiver priority on Edelman? (1 Viewer)

CanaBuc

Footballguy
We talk about handcuffing Running backs.

With Amendola's injury risks and likely him not playing this week, it is clear Edelman presents great value as he can be a high end WR#2 with Amendola out. Especially this week with Vereen and Gronk out there are more targets to catch passes to go around.

Question is, would one use a waiver wire #1 spot to get him, knowing full well that when Amendola and Gronk are back in the lineup his value goes way down. By that point, there might be a better waiver pickup after say a Demarco Murray, Mcfadden, MJD, Peterson, Charles Lynch injury where most of those handcuffs are not rostered?

Obviously depth at wr factors in but for many myself included Amendola was their WR#2.

Austin, Boldin, Roberts can fill in for a one game pinch here or there, but I suspect the AMendola groin thing can be a weekly concern/Headache.

Def. Amendola was never going to play a 16 game season. Dude is glass, with the kind of targets Brady gives out, its def. worth the waiver priority.

I'm gonna start a thread: "Should we make another Julian Edelman/Danny Amendola Thread?"

If you drafted Amendola in any kind of even somewhat deep league and Edelman was a FA, you should've already stashed him for this purpose. After week 1, it is glaringly obvious that Edelman will need to be a big part of the offense regardless of Amendola's health, due to the shortcomings of these rookies on game day. With Amendola hurt, like any #2 WR, Edelman's value will go up even more. They were on the field a TON together, so I don't think he "replaces" Amendola, but instead just gets an uptick in value.

So...yes, I guess?

It may depend on how long your regular season is. If it is short, 1 win could make the difference in making the playoffs. In that case I think Edelman is a must add. If the reports are accurate that Amendola does not play Thursday, Edelman should be a very good WR2 (with #1 upside). While Edelman is also made of glass, you should get 3 or 4 great potential starts out of him.

No doubt he is a great addition. I guess the question is does one use a #1 priority on him?

Chances are after the first week if I were to make that claim and others make some as well, that my priority probably ends up around 7th.

Now if a good RB goes down whose handcuff/backup is not rostered there is no chance to pick him up

e.g. Turbin, Kniles, Bucs backup, Mcfaddens backup, Demarco's backup etc.

LAst year the guys who got moreno and Bryce Brown late in the year had a big advantage.

MY other Wr are Roberts, Miles, Boldin, Vjax so I can manage 1 week without Amendola. But he is a recurring risk and Edelman would be the defacto beneficiary.

Don't ever see starting both guys in same game, so I am using 2 roster spots for the NE WR .

I have Amendola and #1 priority...I was going to grab Julius Thomas since I have Gronk and Sudfield but now I may have to drop Vincent Brown for Edelman

I have Amendola and #1 priority...I was going to grab Julius Thomas since I have Gronk and Sudfield but now I may have to drop Vincent Brown for Edelman
huh?

I would in no way drop Vincent Brown for Edelman.

Drop Sudfield and grab Thomas.

Thomas/V. Brown > Sudfield/Edelman

meyerj31 said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
huh?

I would in no way drop Vincent Brown for Edelman.

Drop Sudfield and grab Thomas.

Thomas/V. Brown > Sudfield/Edelman
Hartline is out there too. I thought about trying for him in round 2

Edelman should have been rostered even before Amendola got hurt - and even moreso since we have seen that BB is willing to put Amendola and Edelman on the field together.

I would be all over him...it's two-fold if you are an Amendola owner...one, you cover your butt if Amendola continues with his injury history...two, if Amendola stats healthy Edelman will still be very productive...he is more than a handcuff, he has a chance to put up some high quality numbers this year...

If you're looking to replace Amendola and you're in a PPR league, I can't see why you wouldn't want a piece of Edelman even if it's just for this week. Who else is gonna catch the ball? I mean seriously....can you remember a time when there were this few options for Brady?

If you're looking to replace Amendola and you're in a PPR league, I can't see why you wouldn't want a piece of Edelman even if it's just for this week. Who else is gonna catch the ball? I mean seriously....can you remember a time when there were this few options for Brady?
Well I'm non-PPR and I have Dez and Bowe to start (w/Amendola out). I may start Hartline or Edelman (depending on who I pick up) over Bowe?

But for the long-term Amendola owner, handcuff Amendola with Edelman or take Hartline?

Well I'm non-PPR and I have Dez and Bowe to start (w/Amendola out). I may start Hartline or Edelman (depending on who I pick up) over Bowe?

But for the long-term Amendola owner, handcuff Amendola with Edelman or take Hartline?
I am gonna roll with Edelman over Bowe, also in a PPR.

I am gonna roll with Edelman over Bowe, also in a PPR.
How about in standard?

Edelman over hartline?

Just realized someone drafted Edelman in my one league because we do Return yards and the other where I have Amendola I'm 9th in the Waiver Order. :kicksrock:

Edelman should have been rostered even before Amendola got hurt - and even moreso since we have seen that BB is willing to put Amendola and Edelman on the field together.
The question is whether a 1st waiver pick should be used in a rolling waivers system. If you have some depth at wr with say Austin Boldin and Roberts to fill in as Wr#2 and flex would it be better to save the pick for a RB down the road or use it for Edelman who has upside with Amendola out and can be a flex otherwise.

Hate idea of using a ww for someone to start only 2 or 3 games for me.

I would be all over him...it's two-fold if you are an Amendola owner...one, you cover your butt if Amendola continues with his injury history...two, if Amendola stats healthy Edelman will still be very productive...he is more than a handcuff, he has a chance to put up some high quality numbers this year...
Yes but would you really start both guys in the same game?

Users who are viewing this thread