What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should we just shut it regarding this trade? (1 Viewer)

Approve the trade?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Down Under

Footballguy
I am well aware that almost all trades should be allowed unless it is clear collusion. But I'm going to just throw this one out there as there are many unhappy owners in this league about this one.

Redraft, the trade is between the last place team (2-8) in a 10 team league and the first place team (9-1). They are friends.

Last place team receives: J. Connor, D. Henderson
First place team receives: Dalvin Cook, N. Harris

I admit this one rubs me the wrong way, especially since there is no realistic reason for the last place team to make the trade.

No one can really tell you what you should do in your league since it's influenced by your rules and the dynamics of the people in it. In my league I would reach out to the owner receiving Connor and Henderson and ask them to explain how this trade helps their team. They'll have an answer or they won't. In my experience, the answer they provide makes the decision I face much easier. I don't necessarily need to agree with their reasons. I just need to believe they genuinely believe in them.

I am well aware that almost all trades should be allowed unless it is clear collusion. But I'm going to just throw this one out there as there are many unhappy owners in this league about this one.

Redraft, the trade is between the last place team (2-8) in a 10 team league and the first place team (9-1). They are friends.

I admit this one rubs me the wrong way, especially since there is no realistic reason for the last place team to make the trade.

Sounds like you already understand the issue, I think most of us agree with the bolded.

I would simply email/text the last place team and ask them how they think this trade improved their team. I would also ask the #1 seed how the discussions came about, who proposed the trade, et al.

It's a league integrity issue. I would put it to a vote. Our league is Commissioner approval, my default is to wait one day and then put them through. We have never had any floaters in our league so thankfully I have never had to deal with any shenanigans.

Reactions: Zow

This is really a trade about Connor vs Cook.

Eno has been released so Connor has zero competition for touches and Cook always carries the risk of a separated shoulder.

Henderson for Najee is a wash. Harris is losing touches to Warren.

At first glance, yeah, this looks bad but if you dig in a little it really isn’t that terrible of a trade.

Eno has been released so Connor has zero competition for touches and Cook always carries the risk of a separated shoulder.

At first glance, yeah, this looks bad but if you dig in a little it really isn’t that terrible of a trade.
Sorry, but there is no sugar coating this trade.

Not egregious enough that it should cause any uproar. I'd take the Cook side of course but as a Harris owner, he's been fairly useless (as is Henderson).
I'm not sure Cook is such a huge upgrade from a healthy Connor that it should cause dissension - and lets face it Cook has a pretty long injury history as well.

Connor isn't exactly an iron-man. He has a long history of injury going back to his days with the Steelers and Pitt Panthers. This is an awful trade IMO and without knowing the league rules and how this benefits a 2-8 team, it seems very fishy

I think people are conflating "name value" with production here.
Cook is averaging 16.5 ppg
Connor is averaging 12.2 ppg (and that's including a game he left early)

Harris v Henderson is a wash.

Connor isn't exactly an iron-man. He has a long history of injury going back to his days with the Steelers and Pitt Panthers. This is an awful trade IMO and without knowing the league rules and how this benefits a 2-8 team, it seems very fishy
So does Cook

Playing detective, the key piece of evidence is they are friends
In my redraft everyone is friends. :shrug:

I get it but from the sound of it this relationship played a part in it or he would not have mentioned it.
I have a feeling we don't always get the full story on these "should I veto?" posts looking for validation.

I mean I get why people would favor one side more - but I think if we move past names and look at actual production we'd see this one isn't really worth tearing up a league by accusing people of cheating.

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

PLUS Cook & Harris are past their bye weeks while Connor and Henderson still both have bye weeks upcoming. That might be useful info for a 2-8 team.

PLUS Cook & Harris are past their bye weeks while Connor and Henderson still both have bye weeks upcoming. That might be useful info for a 2-8 team.
This is the best point against the trade (I thought Arizona had their bye). A 2-8 team can't afford to lose again so I concede at the very least the 2-8 team just didn't care enough to put thought into it and just said 'fine" and accepted.

Like Cook, Connor is also glass but when healthy, like Cook, he produces.

Yup, this happens every year and often times injuries pop up. Just let the fantasy gods play things out.

The guy is 9-1 with or without this trade. It is funny how these threads NEVER show the rosters of the teams to flesh out context.

Would I accept Connor and give up Cook? Personally, probably not, but at 2-8, I also can’t say that Cook has been the difference maker for me either.

This is about brand name and not much more.

I think people are conflating "name value" with production here.
Cook is averaging 16.5 ppg
Connor is averaging 12.2 ppg (and that's including a game he left early)

Harris v Henderson is a wash.
So then its still a bad trade :shrug:
Yes it's a bad trade (maybe). Do you veto every bad trade in your league?
Ive vetoed one trade in the 22 year history of my league. It was for clear collusion which the OP's trade appears to be.

I get it but from the sound of it this relationship played a part in it or he would not have mentioned it.
I have a feeling we don't always get the full story on these "should I veto?" posts looking for validation.

I mean I get why people would favor one side more - but I think if we move past names and look at actual production we'd see this one isn't really worth tearing up a league by accusing people of cheating.

We will have to agree to disagree...I see zero reason for a 2-8 team to make this move...I think 99.9% of us would much rather have Cook than Connor and while Najee is having a bad year, I think a healthy majority would rather have him than Henderson...again, if this was a contender, he can roll the dice as he pleases but that is not what is going on here...this is one of the few times I have ever wanted to squash a trade since I have posted here but this is one that has a negative effect on the league.

So does Cook
Yes I understand that. I was responding to the statement that Cook always carries the risk of a separated shoulder. They are both injury-prone so I don't think risk of injury should be a factor.

My point is that IMO Cook > Conner and Harris > Henderson. I don't see how this trade benefits the 2-8 team.

Like Cook, Connor is also glass but when healthy, like Cook, he produces.

Yup, this happens every year and often times injuries pop up. Just let the fantasy gods play things out.

The guy is 9-1 with or without this trade. It is funny how these threads NEVER show the rosters of the teams to flesh out context.

Would I accept Connor and give up Cook? Personally, probably not, but at 2-8, I also can’t say that Cook has been the difference maker for me either.

This is about brand name and not much more.
What full rosters do you need to see for context in a RB+RB for RB+RB trade?

Is the last place team mathematically out of playoff contention? If so this trade should not be allowed

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

Harris has been underperforming all year and is starting to lose work to Warren. Frankly, Harris is not a difference maker and is a 12 team RB2 and 10 Team flex.

We will have to agree to disagree...I see zero reason for a 2-8 team to make this move...I think 99.9% of us would much rather have Cook than Connor and while Najee is having a bad year, I think a healthy majority would rather have him than Henderson...again, if this was a contender, he can roll the dice as he pleases but that is not what is going on here...this is one of the few times I have ever wanted to squash a trade since I have posted here but this is one that has a negative effect on the league.

What, in your opinion should the 2-8 team be allowed to do?

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

Harris has been underperforming all year and is starting to lose work to Warren. Frankly, Harris is not a difference maker and is a 12 team RB2 and 10 Team flex.

Make trades that don't smell of collusion.

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

All true and YET HEs still BETTER than Henderson

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

What possible trade could a 2-8 team make that wouldn’t “smell of collusion”?

They are 2-8, either they suck as managers or their roster sucks. If a manager sucks, it is not surprising that they would make a bad trade since they likely have an entire season’s worth of bad decisions under their belt. That’s likely why they are 2-8 in the first place.

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

In your opinion, but Harris is losing work, and not for nothing but a knee injury has popped up. So, yeah, a RB with a lisfranc injury and now knee soreness who is losing touches to who appears to be a better back is just CRAZY to trade for Henderson on a team who just lost 50% of their offense with the Kupp injury.

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

They are 2-8, either they suck as managers or their roster sucks. If a manager sucks, it is not surprising that they would make a bad trade since they likely have an entire season’s worth of bad decisions under their belt. That’s likely why they are 2-8 in the first place.

Sorry...not buying that excuse because there are plenty of trades they can make but there is no reason to make this trade...none...not due to stats/name recognition or anything else you can try to justify it with...you simply cannot make a case that this does not greatly benefit his friend's team.

I want to go on record that I would likely not make this trade at 2-8. But what gets forgotten is we are all here on this site because we simply care more about this hobby than most.

While it is not a great trade you also can’t legislate who cares about a hobby and how much they should care.

You want to call collusion when the reality is the 2-8 person just doesn’t care as much as we do. That’s pretty much it.

If I didn’t know the team records I’d say it’s fine.

But since they’re BFFs & one team is eliminated, it’s collusion.

If the 2-win team isn’t eliminated, allow it.

I voted with the assumption that the 2-8 team is eliminated.

I want to go on record that I would likely not make this trade at 2-8. But what gets forgotten is we are all here on this site because we simply care more about this hobby than most.

While it is not a great trade you also can’t legislate who cares about a hobby and how much they should care.

You want to call collusion when the reality is the 2-8 person just doesn’t care as much as we do. That’s pretty much it.
If they don't care then why are they making the trade? It sounds like the answer might be that his friend with the 9-1 record wants Cook & Harris.

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

Sorry...not buying that excuse because there are plenty of trades they can make but there is no reason to make this trade...none...not due to stats/name recognition or anything else you can try to justify it with...you simply cannot make a case that this does not greatly benefit his friend's team.

And I’m sure they will sit back with great satisfaction that they gave their friend bench depth to help them win a fake football league. 🙄

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

In your opinion, but Harris is losing work, and not for nothing but a knee injury has popped up. So, yeah, a RB with a lisfranc injury and now knee soreness who is losing touches to who appears to be a better back is just CRAZY to trade for Henderson on a team who just lost 50% of their offense with the Kupp injury.
Henderson just had 6 carries in the last game and also could be losing work to Kyren. Youre really stretching bud.

Henderson is actually sitting as a FA in my 12 team league.

If they don't care then why are they making the trade? It sounds like the answer might be that his friend with the 9-1 record wants Cook & Harris.
The 9-1 team cares the 2-8 team doesn’t.

That’s why the 9-1 team is 9-1.

LOL

Cook > Connor
Harris > Henderson

Henderson just had 6 carries in the last game and also could be losing work to Kyren. Youre really stretching bud.

Henderson is actually sitting as a FA in my 12 team league.
And he is rostered on the 8-2 team one 12 team league and he is rostered on a 4-6 team in another 12 team league. People value things differently :shrug:

Rubbish trade. If I were Commissioner, I would veto it without a second thought. If I were a team in the league and the Commissioner allowed this trade to go through, I would quit the league at the end of the season, as there is a serious lack of integrity.

While Harris sucks, it's still a questionable trade at best.

And in my league, you can't trade if you have been eliminated from the playoffs. At 2-8 most leagues you would be eliminated.

Normally I'm the "Almost no trade ever in the universe should be vetoed" guy, but I'm normally thinking of dynasty trades, not redraft ... In redraft it's so much easier to suspect collusion because anyone who is eliminated from playoff contention has no reason at all to keep their players. Well, unless there's some last-place punishment or whatever. I would definitely be in favor of voting this one down. Or even, banning anyone who is eliminated from playoff contention from making any trades, because, why?

Can we assume the 9-1 team does care?

If the 2-8 team doesn’t care & the 9-1 team does care, that’s textbook collusion. Only one side stands to benefit from a trade.

In that circumstance it’s irrelevant who the players involved are. A team that can’t win shouldn’t be making trades with teams that can. It’s cut & dry.

While Harris sucks, it's still a questionable trade at best.

And in my league, you can't trade if you have been eliminated from the playoffs. At 2-8 most leagues you would be eliminated.
With 4 games left to play a 2-8 team is likely not mathematically eliminated. They are not competitive but they are not yet eliminated.

Many leagues will lock rosters for eliminated teams which is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread