What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shuke's 1300 favorite songs by 1300 different artists. (1 Viewer)

Huge fan.  Excellent choice of song.  Other favorites of mine are Too Many Birds and The Well.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the Bill Callahan/Will Oldham collaboration album, "Blind Date Party."  It's a collection of covers, and they invite a different Drag City musician to join them on each one.  For example, Azita (formerly of The Scissor Girls) is on guitar for this spectacular cover of "In the Blackness of the Night."

Saw Erin Rae open for Lord Huron 3 time last week.  There was one song I really liked but can't figure out what it was.  So I'll post this, which I also liked.  Not crazy about the studio version with some guy singing backup, so I'll post this live version although it's not great quality.

1171. Erin Rae - Can't See Stars

AAABatteries said:
How many concerts do you typically go to in a year?  

Hard to say "typically" since past few years had COVID limitations.  And I didn't really start going shows again until 2017.  And it's increasing every year.

I guess I'm making up for lost time.  Live music is my religion.  

Hard to say "typically" since past few years had COVID limitations.  And I didn't really start going shows again until 2017.  And it's increasing every year.

I guess I'm making up for lost time.  Live music is my religion.  
I was just curious because while I love music and listen to it a lot and have a wide variety of music I like, I hate concerts.  I do occasionally enjoy live music at a bar or restaurant though.  

I was just curious because while I love music and listen to it a lot and have a wide variety of music I like, I hate concerts.  I do occasionally enjoy live music at a bar or restaurant though.  

Wow.  What do you hate about them?

There are certain situations that can suck, either being crammed in or in the back to see.   While I love seeing bands in small-to-mid standing room only venues that hold 500-4000, in my age I'm getting to the point where I prefer venues with seats and/or a lawn.

Wow.  What do you hate about them?

There are certain situations that can suck, either being crammed in or in the back to see.   While I love seeing bands in small-to-mid standing room only venues that hold 500-4000, in my age I'm getting to the point where I prefer venues with seats and/or a lawn.
Just never enjoyed them.  It’s definitely the crowd and never quite knowing what to do - stand up, sit down, sing, whatever.  Also, they seem ridiculously expensive for what always came across as “inferior” music (to studio music).  I really would like to enjoy them but just don’t.

I hate concerts
You must be going to the wrong ones. I mean I can see hating traffic and/or crowds but live music is one of the best things in life.

Also, they seem ridiculously expensive for what always came across as “inferior” music (to studio music).
Once again, you're seeing the wrong bands.

ETA: well for the second part at least

The inferior comment has solely to do with the experience and the venues I've been too. I'm not a fan of drunken, loud crowds with people singing along over the artist. I've heard some fantastic small venue "concerts" that I've loved. I just don't get the idea of spending $300 to hear the drunk chick singing songs. But I realize that's not what all concerts are.

I just don't get the idea of spending $300 to hear the drunk chick singing songs.
n
I've never spent $300 for a ticket. The Black Crowes at $85 (and $35 was fees) was the most expensive show I've see in a while. Obviously I'm aware that the icons like Elton John, The Stones or Bruce are probably getting that much for nosebleed seats and I agree that is crazy excessive.

I guess I also don't go to may "sing along" type shows because I haven't experienced that really - occasionally at smaller clubs people around are having conversations (which can be annoying, but I just move when that happens) but for the most part others are there to hear the music as well.

I do get certain artists don't sound great live but I guess I drift more to bands that kick *** live - last few shows I've seen (Crowes, Jason Isbell and Fitz and the Tantrums) all put on great shows and sounded phenomenal even outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread