What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sidney Rice Hurt? (1 Viewer)

BlitzPickup

Footballguy
What's up with this?

Agent says Sidney Rice has a lingering hip injury

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2010 6:20 PM ET

Before Thursday, neither Vikings receiver Sidney Rice nor anyone close to him had anything to say about Rice having any injury.

After former NFL receiver Cris Carter called out Rice on Thursday for failing to show up for Larry Fitzgerald's workout session in the Twin Cities, Rice's agent has opened up about Rice's health, or more accurately lack therof.

Rosenhaus said on his Twitter page (via Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune) that Rice has "a lingering hip injury that he suffered in the playoffs." Rosenhaus also said that surgery isn't anticipated, and that Rice is "hopeful that he will be fully healthy for the start of the season."

If surgery ultimately is necessary, folks will want to know why in the hell the injury wasn't taken care of earlier in the offseason.

Then there's the possibility that Rice simply needed cover for his decision not to show up for the Fitzgerald workouts, and that his injury is either being exaggerated, embellished, for flat-out fabricated.

But if it's legit and if Rice ultimately can't go, maybe Rosenhaus can get the Vikings interested in one of his other clients, who is better known by his initials.

Posted by Mike Florio

This is all you need to read to be skeptical.

This from Rosenhaus though...

@RosenhausSports: Sidney Rice does not have groin injury & has not had surgery. He does have a lingering hip injury suffered in playoffs

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he participate fully in OTAs?

If so...seems like an excuse for missing the workouts with Fitz.

If not...could be something to it and a big worry as to why it has not healed by now.

I wish Chris Carter would ####. Seriously.

Wow. Acronyms are censored here? So The Fowl Urinated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Larry Fitz and I love Cris Carter, but Carter should keep his mouth shut here. I am supposed to think less of Rice because he skipped an exhausting offseason workout hosted by a player on a rival team?

I am not a Rice owner, but I hope this is a half-assed lie to make Carter shut his trap.

I hope Chris Carter starts saying that Rice has a broken leg and a touch of AIDS. I'd love to try and pry him away from his current owner.

Did he participate fully in OTAs?If so...seems like an excuse for missing the workouts with Fitz.If not...could be something to it and a big worry as to why it has not healed by now.
Why fake an injury? If he didn't want to go to the camp I'm pretty sure he could just tell Fitz he's working out on his own.This news has me nervous.

I read on a Minny message board that he is jogging and sprinting but not cutting yet due to doctors recommendation. His statement made it sound precautionary and that he would be good to go for training camp.

I read on a Minny message board that he is jogging and sprinting but not cutting yet due to doctors recommendation. His statement made it sound precautionary and that he would be good to go for training camp.
Seems the most logical...which is why I asked what he did at OTAs...if he was cutting at all during them...this excuse does not fly.And as a Packer fan, that is fine by me...Id rather him not learn from Fitz and those that go to these workouts, he is pretty darn good already...no need for him to get better. :football:

As a Rice owner in a dynasty league, I'm not looking to move him and fully expect him to be starting come September--yes, it's a tad bit disconcerting this close to training camp, but I have to imagine the Vike's brass has been monitoring his situation since OTA's and are comfortable with him not needing surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread