What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SJax Downgraded, Arlen Harris could start (1 Viewer)

Bloom

link

As third in the line of succession at running back for the Rams, Arlen Harris

could find himself plopped into the glare of the national-television spotlight.

First-teamer Steven Jackson is nursing a hip pointer that, according to interim

head coach Joe Vitt, has grown worse this week. Jackson's backup, Marshall

Faulk, is battling the flulike illness that has struck many of the players in

recent weeks.

Vitt said the availability of Jackson and Faulk would be determined Sunday,

when the Rams (5-10) close their season against the Dallas Cowboys (9-6) at

Texas Stadium.

It also marks the conclusion of the NFL regular season and, after 19 years, is

the final Sunday night game to be televised by ESPN. Those telecasts move to

NBC next season.

Jackson, who has rushed for 1,046 yards in his second season, was injured two

weeks ago against Philadelphia. He gained just 28 yards in 16 carries last week

vs. San Francisco and didn't practice this week.

"I thought he'd go today, but he just can't," Vitt said Friday.

Faulk stayed away from Rams Park on Thursday. He returned Friday but did only

limited work at practice.

Harris, who has had only six carries for 6 yards all season, has been working

with the first unit. He said he's been trying to keep his anticipation level in

check.

"I don't want to get too excited," said the 5-foot-10, 212-pound Harris, a

three-year veteran. "I'll just wait and see what happens. Whether they go or

not, I'll be prepared to go out there and give it my best shot."

Injury report

Jackson was downgraded to questionable on Friday's injury report. Faulk

remained probable.

Arlen Harris might start in the Rams backfield this week against the Cowboys Sunday night.Steven Jackson is nursing a hip pointer that has grown worse this week and Marshall Faulk is battling a flulike illness. Coach Joe Vitt said it will be a game-time decision. Harris has had only six carries for 6 yards all season, but has been working with the first unit all week. Dec. 31 - 10:55 am et Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Unfortunately, a GTD won't help much for those trying to use Harris, as that is the Sunday night game.

with the running game in shambles, maybe an upgrade for Martin? You gotta think the Rams are gonna throw all night.Gotta decide between Carr and Martin for the total points title in one of my leagues ($500 on the line). I'm leaning toward Carr v. SF, but Martin threw for 350 last week....

with the running game in shambles, maybe an upgrade for Martin? You gotta think the Rams are gonna throw all night.

Gotta decide between Carr and Martin for the total points title in one of my leagues ($500 on the line). I'm leaning toward Carr v. SF, but Martin threw for 350 last week....
tough call. weather should be crappy in SF (70% chance of rain 10-20 mph winds), but Martin is like Glass Joe behind that line, you never know if he's gonna get knocked out.

If the Cowboys have something to play for (which we won't know about til Sunday Night), they'll literally kill Martin.

If the Cowboys have something to play for (which we won't know about til Sunday Night), they'll literally kill Martin.
I'm reading that as an endorsement for Carr. I'm not trying to hide it diesal, it's literally a coin flip for me at this point between Carr and Martin.WHO SHOULD I ####### START? :D

I'm reading that as an endorsement for Carr. I'm not trying to hide it diesal, it's literally a coin flip for me at this point between Carr and Martin.WHO SHOULD I ####### START? :D
if you're just protecting a lead, start the safe play - Carr. if you need to swing for the fences, start Martin.

A wise man would think about driving.

with the running game in shambles, maybe an upgrade for Martin? You gotta think the Rams are gonna throw all night.

Gotta decide between Carr and Martin for the total points title in one of my leagues ($500 on the line). I'm leaning toward Carr v. SF, but Martin threw for 350 last week....
I used Martin last week but as good as he did I am going to bench him this week. You have to be worried about Dallas' tempo, their need to win that game regardless of the playoff look, and a defense coming strong on Martin. Martin could still be a good start, but when you're looking at the possibility of Carr vs SF, I'd jump all over that for the same reason I jumped all over Martin last week. Good luck!

I agree with this, but I'm also thinking that regardless of whether they still have something to play for that Parcells goes for this one with a full head of steam. Parcells doesn't believe in resting guys, and I think getting that extra W in the win column for his final 2005 record is important for many reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread