What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Skyzone/Trampoline Parks (1 Viewer)

ClownCausedChaos2

Footballguy
I'm at one now.  It's shoulder-to-shoulder and it's so loud.  Half the kids and crying, the other half are screaming.  I hate this place.  I hate this place with the fire of a thousand suns.  And our sons have passed for the whole year.  Someone needs to burn these places to the ground.

Whenever I’ve gone it hasn’t been very crowded

i think last time we went we bought 2 hour passes and they were bored after 30 minutes 

we have a gift card to use, hopefully the wife will take them on a spring break day or something 

Whatever they pay these poor high school kids, it is not enough.  It's bad enough that they have to police the kids.  They have to police these a****** parents, too.  These kids do a good job standing their ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shark move is to always have two projects ongoing at home. Kitchen remodel, bathroom, basement reorganization...whatever.

So when those moments come up where the kids want to go to one of those god-forsaken places, you can tell the wife:

”You’ll have to take them this time. I need to work on the bathroom today.”

Haven’t been to one of those things in 11 years.

The shark move is to always have two projects ongoing at home. Kitchen remodel, bathroom, basement reorganization...whatever.

So when those moments come up where the kids want to go to one of those god-forsaken places, you can tell the wife:

God bless you.  My wife counters with the "Okay, but the house needs cleaned and scrubbed.  I'll take them of you don't mind cleaning."....Gets me every time.

In all honesty, we switch off on trips.  I always dread mine.

Whatever they pay these poor high school kids, it is not enough.  It's bad enough that they have to place the kids.  They have to police these a****** parents, too.  These kids do a good job standing their ground.
My daughter worked there for about two years. She really liked it. She was great with special needs kids. They screw their summer camp leaders imho because they pay them $15 per hour but call them independent contractors. It hurt her at tax time so she wouldn’t do it again. 

My daughter worked there for about two years. She really liked it. She was great with special needs kids. They screw their summer camp leaders imho because they pay them $15 per hour but call them independent contractors. It hurt her at tax time so she wouldn’t do it again. 
Let your daughter know that there are parents that recognize and appreciate/d her hard work.  I plan to email management about the crew here.

But I still hate this place.

Wtf? How is that kosher for tax proposes?  You should create an LLC and have the company pay you for personnel services. Then you get the pass through tax rate.

the fact that they are one huge poorly chaperoned knee or ankle injury waiting to happen is almost enough to make you overlook the fact that they are also huge booger covered germ factories take that to the bank bromigo

the fact that they are one huge poorly chaperoned knee or ankle injury waiting to happen is almost enough to make you overlook the fact that they are also huge booger covered germ factories take that to the bank bromigo
Well, when you put it like that...

Let your daughter know that there are parents that recognize and appreciate/d her hard work.  I plan to email management about the crew here.

But I still hate this place.
They were sent copies of nice letters written about them. The managers at hers were good about that. And when they got a nasty one they would ask for the employees side too. 

Wtf? How is that kosher for tax proposes?  You should create an LLC and have the company pay you for personnel services. Then you get the pass through tax rate.
I didn’t think it was right. To be an independent contractor she would have been able to set her own hours and wear her own clothes. But no. She had to wear a uniform and be there when told. When she taught skyrobics they let her clock in as a regular employee and do the class separately when she told them she wouldn’t do it anymore. 

I imagine these places are like Chuck E. Cheese, but for people that hate pizza and love injuries.

Clown Car said:
The one my daughter worked at was owned by an orthopedic surgeon. 
Genius.  Rivaled only by Perdue pharma's 25 year plan of creating the oxycontin epidemic and then profiting of the solution to their problem. 

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
I'm at one now.  It's shoulder-to-shoulder and it's so loud.  Half the kids and crying, the other half are screaming.  I hate this place.  I hate this place with the fire of a thousand suns.  And our sons have passed for the whole year.  Someone needs to burn these places to the ground.
You were there on a Saturday afternoon. Yes it will be crowded. Think of  Chuck e Cheese on a Saturday back in the day. Take them during the week after school. Way better.

ChiefD said:

That just makes you a crappy parent.🤔

You were there on a Saturday afternoon. Yes it will be crowded. Think of  Chuck e Cheese on a Saturday back in the day. Take them during the week after school. Way better.
The place used to not be so bad as far as crowds go.  Just before Christmas, they offered an annual pass for $99, which amounts to about 4.5 trips.  The good news: we've already passed breaking even on the deal.  The bad news: so has every other kid in a ten mile radius.

The place used to not be so bad as far as crowds go.  Just before Christmas, they offered an annual pass for $99, which amounts to about 4.5 trips.  The good news: we've already passed breaking even on the deal.  The bad news: so has every other kid in a ten mile radius.
I usually go to those places on off hours during the week. Ends up being about 5 other kids there with mine. Nice quiet time to relax for an hour or so. 

That just makes you a crappy parent.🤔
Nah. I take them fishing, hiking, bike riding etc during the warm months. Usually 3 weekends a month. Use my winters for projects around the house so I don’t have to do these during the warm months when they like to do the above things.

Wife doesn’t mind taking them to the skyzone stuff on the rare occasion. Usually the kids are outside playing in the snow and such anyway. 

It’s like someone went down the list of hazards listed in the home insurance forms, those things that jack up your premiums. 

“There’s already lots of pools, gun ranges, and pit bull breeders out there, but what about a place that has absolutely nothing but trampolines??”

My daughter loves them. One here now has a ninja warrior run

However in season she's not allowed to go ;)

Users who are viewing this thread