What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneak Peek at our Magazine Draft Kit for the iPad (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
We submitted our Magazine Draft Kit for the iPad today. Apple will need to approve (which is expected in 5-7 days). This has been a 2+ year project and has consumed a great number of hours of mine and our team. IMO, the final product though is among the coolest things ever created in this space. It's the Fantasy Magazine you have always wanted. Always Current and bringing in new content daily (from both our staff and from nearly 100 sources across the web). I have included some screen shots here.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/ipad_mag1.png

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/ipad_mag2.png

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/ipad_mag3.png

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/ipad_mag4.png

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/ipad_mag5.png

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/ipad_mag6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Beta testing this and it looks good. Has different 'tabs' (and subcategories) to allow you to jump back and forth from:

• Draft (the FBG Draft GM app for Mock Drafts, managing live drafts, etc)
  • Magazine (Magazine Home, Fantasy Leagues, Latest News, )
  • Categories (lists different Categories of articles, to let you filter/see only Magazine articles related to that topic: "Offseason Movement, Injuries, Beginner, Dynasty, High Stakes, Commissioner/League, Strategy, Player Articles, IDP, Rookies, Auction, Training Camps)
  • Forecast (Player Database, Teams List, Staff Rankings, ADPs, Top 300s, Depth Charts).
Along the right sidebar, there's a list of external content 'From Around the Web', linking to other Fantasy Articles.

You can enter your league (scoring, etc) and that will customize some of the app's data (not sure exactly what yet, beyond being able to jump into Draft GM and do mocks).

In addition to having FBG articles/content at your fingertips, the app is a very easy app to jump from ADP to Injury News to Depth charts to a Mock with a couple of taps. I'm just glad I can get away from my PC and not have to look all over creation for that data, or try to collate it in spreadsheets.

Even as a FBG subscriber with access to the content, I just like having a 'digital magazine'...the ADP, Depth Charts, Mock Draft (with my teams saved)...is gravy AND dessert.

So does this replace the Draft Dominator or mirror it? As the commish I need to enter everyone else's picks while also keeping tabs on my own, VBD, etc.

Was this "free" to subscribers? Can't remember.

It'd be kind of neat to have a "silent draft." 12 iPads with constant updates (like CNN) with just reactions from everyone. Hey, could be fun.

Are there ANY features/articles/content within the 2013 FBG Magazine Draft Kit which cannot be found within the subscriber content of FBG?

edit: What I want to know is if there is anything available within the interactive magazine (either right now during it's release, or in the future through the process of remaining current) which cannot be found within the FBG subscription service?

Re-reading Black's post at #2, it appears that there will be at least one thing available to those with this app that is not available to subscribers. The ".....list of external content 'From Around the Web', linking to other Fantasy Articles." Will FBG Subscribers be provided with these links to other Fantasy Articles?

Same ? here. Can someone put out a grid that differentiates/compares a FBG subscription to the magazine draft kit. I'm assuming that this is a skinnied down version geared more toward draft only and doesn't continue to get updated articles throughout the year. At least, I hope I can't get all the content through the app for a fraction of the cost of a subscription. Is this to replace DD? Not to whine, but a big reason i subscribe is for the DD. Now i have to pay an additional 30% for the mag. draft kit. Doesn't seem right.

Again, just starting to get a little confused from what I get for each product. Full subscription w updated projections on DD v. 2013 FBG Magazine Draft Kit v.mobile draft GM

Thanks

Same ? here. Can someone put out a grid that differentiates/compares a FBG subscription to the magazine draft kit. I'm assuming that this is a skinnied down version geared more toward draft only and doesn't continue to get updated articles throughout the year. At least, I hope I can't get all the content through the app for a fraction of the cost of a subscription. Is this to replace DD? Not to whine, but a big reason i subscribe is for the DD. Now i have to pay an additional 30% for the mag. draft kit. Doesn't seem right.
Magazine should have pre-season and draft content up to NFL kickoff, utilizing FBG articles, Staff rankings, etc. There's a description I did above that explains the content in the magazine.

Everything in the magazine (except the Draft GM component) will be available to subscribers.

Right now some articles appear just in the magazine. We did that because we were not sure when Apple would make this LIVE. Those articles will be added to the Insider side of things over the next two days.

Articles from around the web already appear on the site. Search any player and you can see these as well.

Here are the differences:

Subscription ($29.95 or free if you deposit $20 as a new FanDuel account)

- All of our paid content to the Super Bowl (Preseason, 89+ weekly features)

- Subscriber, WDIS, Playoff Contests

- Dominator Apps (VBD, Draft Dominator, Projections Dominator, Trade Dominator, Data Dominator, etc)

- MyFBG Integration

Magazine App ($4.99)

- All of our free content and some of our preseason paid content

- No content during the season (weeks 1-17)

- Draft GM only (No Dominator apps)

- No entries into the contests

Here is a sneak peek in what is coming with Draft GM version 2.0 (which will all be included in Magazine 1.1 as well). This has been coded and is just starting the test phase. Allowing the rest of the week for test and a week for Apple to review and approve, we think this program will support all of these features around July 19th. Listed in no particular order:

- Dynamic Auction Support added. As the title implies, the auction values of the remaining pool players change as players are placed on teams.
- Drafts/Mocks can be reset to any point of a draft
- More advanced draft order setup - Customizeable by round and from the draft view
- Player adjustment slider to move players up/down rankings by adjusting their expected fantasy points scored
- Improved Artificial Intelligence now considers ADP when drafting
- Length based Scoring added (TDs and FGs)
- Exposed VBD positional adjustments (so users can tweak)
- Position by position roster limits can be defined (ie max of 4 RBs)

I have to say this App has lived up to the hype. Really awesome, great job guys.

I love it, and it is worth every cent.

Amazing job.

Users who are viewing this thread