What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneak Peek at the Draft GM App (1 Viewer)

So of you input on the DD your scoring, and teams. And pick based on DD recommendations couldn't the Draft GM do the same as well?

Not getting this DD has much more power and data talk?

So of you input on the DD your scoring, and teams. And pick based on DD recommendations couldn't the Draft GM do the same as well?Not getting this DD has much more power and data talk?
DD has a lot of functions; for example, auction values, which are missing in Draft GM. It also has stuff like custom baselines, SOS adjustments, sync with Projections Dominator (so you can choose whose projections you're using), etc.

It would be nice to know what Draft GM includes and what it doesn't, but there's probably a lot missing compared to DD. For me, without auction I can't use it, but others have different needs.

Joe/David,

Will these be in the Uk App Store as well?

I have an American iTunes account as well but it's a bit of a hassle using that.

Wanted to pitch in some thoughts...Am a long time user of Draft Dominator on PC, and I helped Beta test the Draft GM...on both iPad3 and iPhone5.

1. Was an Android user for about 3 years, switched to iPhone5 in January after getting hooked on iPad for casual browsing, reading, app usage. Have found iPhone to be much more intuitive, fewer problems, fewer 'bum' applications that are either not as designed or eventually completely lose support (or later are given away for free)!

2. What is Draft GM? It has the 'feel' of some of the better Mock Draft applications online...large Draft Board, with the ability to click over and see team rosters, rank players, create a player queue, and see VBD and ADP rankings of players (as well as click to Player news and Injury Reports). Use it to Mock draft or Manage a face-to-face league draft.

3. Draft GM Customizability (is that a word? anyways...): You can set Roster requirements (IDP included) and Scoring settings (right down to sliding scale PPR) and save those settings for your Leagues. It has the ability to add and save your entire League's teams, as well as keepers, and even switch around the Draft order (without having to re-enter the keepers! That was a pet-peeve of mine with Draft Dominator). You can have the Artificial Intelligence automatically pick for other teams during Mock drafts (and make the AI more or less 'smarter' for each team). You can manually enter picks as you might if you use it as a tool for your actual draft. Would be SWEET if someone hosting your draft has Apple TV, b/c you can transmit the output of iPad wirelessly to a TV with Apple TV. Also, another very nice feature: you can export and email the results of any draft in csv format, readable by Excel.

4. Draft GM Usability The 'draft board' lends itself much more nicely to the iPad. On the small bit of real estate on the iPhone, you can only see about 10 picks at a time (one round at a time). But, if you wanted to do a Mock draft on line at the Grocery on iPhone, go for it. I could see using Draft GM on iPad for ALL my mock draft needs. Easy to switch Draft positions of all teams and maintain keeper data. To me, that alone is worth the $2.99. I might also try to use it for my face-to-face draft draftboard (if can get someone to bring an Apple TV box).

5. What I will use Draft Dominator for even if I own Draft GM? : DDodds mentions it above, but Draft Dominator has more number crunching power behind it on PC, so has alot more data. I am pretty sure you cannot enter your own data / rankings for players on Draft GM, so if you are spending weeks preparing for your draft by customizing projections and want more than VDB and ADP at your fingertips, you need Draft Dominator at your draft

I could see using DraftGM for Mocks and maybe managing the League draft on draft day, but using DDominator to help drive my own personal picks.
Nice review, I was a beta tester on iPad3. Only thing I can add is that draft dominator is working better than Draft GM for keeper/dynasty leagues. For one particular league (12 team league, up to 9 keepers, 18 total) Draft GM stays in VBD mode too long and selects multiple kickers in the mock draft. I find most apps are limited for dynasty leagues anyway as forecasts are for the upcoming year rather than future production.

Wanted to pitch in some thoughts...Am a long time user of Draft Dominator on PC, and I helped Beta test the Draft GM...on both iPad3 and iPhone5.

1. Was an Android user for about 3 years, switched to iPhone5 in January after getting hooked on iPad for casual browsing, reading, app usage. Have found iPhone to be much more intuitive, fewer problems, fewer 'bum' applications that are either not as designed or eventually completely lose support (or later are given away for free)!

2. What is Draft GM? It has the 'feel' of some of the better Mock Draft applications online...large Draft Board, with the ability to click over and see team rosters, rank players, create a player queue, and see VBD and ADP rankings of players (as well as click to Player news and Injury Reports). Use it to Mock draft or Manage a face-to-face league draft.

3. Draft GM Customizability (is that a word? anyways...): You can set Roster requirements (IDP included) and Scoring settings (right down to sliding scale PPR) and save those settings for your Leagues. It has the ability to add and save your entire League's teams, as well as keepers, and even switch around the Draft order (without having to re-enter the keepers! That was a pet-peeve of mine with Draft Dominator). You can have the Artificial Intelligence automatically pick for other teams during Mock drafts (and make the AI more or less 'smarter' for each team). You can manually enter picks as you might if you use it as a tool for your actual draft. Would be SWEET if someone hosting your draft has Apple TV, b/c you can transmit the output of iPad wirelessly to a TV with Apple TV. Also, another very nice feature: you can export and email the results of any draft in csv format, readable by Excel.

4. Draft GM Usability The 'draft board' lends itself much more nicely to the iPad. On the small bit of real estate on the iPhone, you can only see about 10 picks at a time (one round at a time). But, if you wanted to do a Mock draft on line at the Grocery on iPhone, go for it. I could see using Draft GM on iPad for ALL my mock draft needs. Easy to switch Draft positions of all teams and maintain keeper data. To me, that alone is worth the $2.99. I might also try to use it for my face-to-face draft draftboard (if can get someone to bring an Apple TV box).

5. What I will use Draft Dominator for even if I own Draft GM? : DDodds mentions it above, but Draft Dominator has more number crunching power behind it on PC, so has alot more data. I am pretty sure you cannot enter your own data / rankings for players on Draft GM, so if you are spending weeks preparing for your draft by customizing projections and want more than VDB and ADP at your fingertips, you need Draft Dominator at your draft

I could see using DraftGM for Mocks and maybe managing the League draft on draft day, but using DDominator to help drive my own personal picks.
Nice review, I was a beta tester on iPad3. Only thing I can add is that draft dominator is working better than Draft GM for keeper/dynasty leagues. For one particular league (12 team league, up to 9 keepers, 18 total) Draft GM stays in VBD mode too long and selects multiple kickers in the mock draft. I find most apps are limited for dynasty leagues anyway as forecasts are for the upcoming year rather than future production.
We fixed the issue where the app stays in VBD mode too long before we sent it to Apple. The rankings in the app though are redraft based for now - so would not be appropriate for instance, for a dynasty startup draft. The magazine app will have dynasty and rookie rankings in the magazine section.

Don - these apps will most definitely be in the UK store! And all other relevant foreign territories, eg. Canada, Germany etc.

I think there 100% needs to be a chart of features and who/what projections are used or a ails me for all 3 items. Up to date descriptions in detail of all products as well. I mean, how are we supposed to determine which thing to use for our individual situations if we do t know what they do?

A bit off topic, but I am assuming all the content that will be available in the Draft Kit/Magazine will also be available (or be derived from) premium content from the paid FBG site?
Hi Black, Yes. The content that is on the Draft Kit / Magazine will also be on the FBG Insider. J
The Draft Kit/Magazine is just preseason content right? It's not getting updated with weekly content throughout the year?Also... Can you trade picks in this draft app?Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

You can trade picks/keepers/drafted players, and you only need to buy once on iPhone/iPad for the Draft GM. The Draft GM is a universal app.

The magazine will work only on iPad/tablets. It is a preseason magazine.

In terms of transferring data between an iPhone and an iPad, I've had mixed reports. The following worked for me:

- install on device 1

- setup leagues

- sync device 1 in iTunes

- sync device 2 with iTunes (this should install the app with your leagues in)

So, from what i have read on this thread, the APP does NOT allow us to edit the rankings and projections of players at this time? Nor does it allow us to edit the ADP values? (for specific leagues we may be in that we know are different than the general consesus ADP's)

Is this correct?

Also, will there be a thread in the Applications Support section for this app or is this the best place to post questions?

I'd love to use the app, but i need to be able to edit projections (or at least the rankings/VBD value somehow) and ADP. If i can't then i will just stick to DD for now.

Thanks for your time

Yeah, number one on my wish list for the app would be the ability to edit projections or better yet, import them somehow. Not sure if the latter is possible on iOS.

I forgot about the ability to trade picks...that is a pretty sweet function and makes the tool especially powerful for managing your league draft on draft day (you can email out the draft afterwards in csv format).

I am pretty sure the app does NOT allow re-ranking of players. I didn't test that function at least.

I am also not sure about synching between iOS devices. It retained separate data/league entries on each of my devices (iPad, iPhone), but I did not try what Shep mentions above. I think if you synch both devices with iTunes, you will also be synching all other data with each of those devices. If you are like me, I keep some apps (and alot of content like music) separate between my iPhone and iPad. They have separate itl ITunes library files that I select when I launch iTunes. BTW, to do that...keeping two separate devices with separate libraries on the same PC is easily done by holding down SHIFT when you launch iTunes...it will them prompt you to create a new library or choose from one you already have created.

I would not underestimate the ease (and fun) of using Draft GM for the iPad for doing mock drafts or to project on the wall during your league draft.

You shouldn't miss out on Draft GM if you fall into any of these categories:

1. If you find your self doing a lot of mock drafts (you can email results to study later, if you like doing that)

2. If you need to enter Keepers to make your mock drafts mimic your league draft

3. You love your iPad and prefer to walk away from your PC when you noodle with Mock drafts, etc.

4. You want to use your iPad for an easy way to project your league draft onto a TV, wall etc, (assuming you have an Apple TV at your disposal or can get iPad to output some other way)

5. You want a lightweight but smart and easy tool to help guide your draft, using VBD and ADP...it's more like a Draft Dominator 'lite'.

Yeah, number one on my wish list for the app would be the ability to edit projections or better yet, import them somehow. Not sure if the latter is possible on iOS.
Send in a feedback report via the app. We are logging all of these and will prioritize what we can do for this year. I am not guaranteeing any one feature will be there, but some people's wants are really simple coding changes.

Black, last year I inputed my league settings and drafted using the DD pretty default like. Will the draft GM do the same? Taking account my league scoring and VBD?

If so ill easily use the Draft GM as I don't tweak the DD other than putting my league settings and "Joes Secret Formula"

Black, last year I inputed my league settings and drafted using the DD pretty default like. Will the draft GM do the same? Taking account my league scoring and VBD?If so ill easily use the Draft GM as I don't tweak the DD other than putting my league settings and "Joes Secret Formula"
I think so. I do NOT know about entering Joe's secret formula.

I have used Draft Dominator for about 5 years. I mostly use DD to keep me oriented (ie, don't lose sight of player values, by comparing VBD and ADP) during my drafts. My primary draft 'tool' is a printed/colorcoded spreadsheet that is a combined list of ADP and modified FGB rankings (sort of like taking the average between ADP and actual rankings, which is done by Dodds in his Cheatsheets).

Anyways, because of my method, I could likely use my spreadsheet and either DD or Fantasy GM, since I am using basically the same functions on both apps.

That being said, I will likely use the DraftGM as my draft board with an Apple TV during my face-to-face drafts and say goodbye to 15' VGA cables. I commish two leagues, and will enjoy draft day much more with Draft GM.

But even as a Mock Draft tool, it's a no brainer, esp for the price. I never thought I would even want another internet device, but the iPad lets me get away from my 'work' environment PC and watch TV, or lie on the couch, sit outside with the dogs and let's me read my news or check email. The Draft GM makes doing mocks a breeze. I will do 10-20 mocks as my drafts approach, so for me it's an excellent tool. I have used fantasyfootballcalculator in the past in conjunction with Draft Domintaor to do mocks. There's waiting time and no way to enter keepers on online drafts. Draft Dominator keeps me in front of my PC.

I would probably wait and get the Draft Magazine+ Draft GM together personally, since the value will be very good (assuming $4.99 or less?), even though I have all the magazine content on my PC or via Safari on iPad. I just prefer to spend a couple of bucks and have the magazine content on my iPad.

Got an email back from the developer after I sent feedback suggesting the ability to edit the projections. That's pretty cool. :thumbup:

I bought it... I am using it for a slow draft..and guess what! Owner drafted the rookie Dobson WR NE, and player not there, no way to add manually. No way to bypass.

I bought it... I am using it for a slow draft..and guess what! Owner drafted the rookie Dobson WR NE, and player not there, no way to add manually. No way to bypass.
He is definitely in the system. He is pretty low on the list; He is after Jon Baldwin, Marvin Jones and Davone Bess in my PPR league.

Hey, we will be submitting to Amazon Market also. They have an approval process too which will delay a little from the Google Play release.

I like it. A few comments:

1) any way to sync across devices on the same apple id would be great

2) it would be nice to have some way of comparing completed rosters after a draft - something as simple as an average % for starters / total points would be useful

elbowrm said:
I like it. A few comments:1) any way to sync across devices on the same apple id would be great2) it would be nice to have some way of comparing completed rosters after a draft - something as simple as an average % for starters / total points would be useful
Regarding #2 - We will be integrating with Rate My Team in a future release.

elbowrm said:
I like it. A few comments:

1) any way to sync across devices on the same apple id would be great
From Simon earlier in thread. Hope that's successful.

shepsii said:
In terms of transferring data between an iPhone and an iPad, I've had mixed reports. The following worked for me:

- install on device 1

- setup leagues

- sync device 1 in iTunes

- sync device 2 with iTunes (this should install the app with your leagues in)

I've had a few days to tinker with the app now and really like it. One question I have at this point is if anyone has had some interesting results with the mock draft features? I seem to be able to draft some TEs like Gronk, gonzo and Hernandez later than I would reasonably expect. For example, I got gonzo in round 10 tonight in a 10 team league. The league is setup for PPR and WR/TE are combined into one position. With a flex, we can start up to 4 at that spot. Is there something with the AI settings that I may be missing? I have it turned up for all teams.

Also... I would suggest leaving the VBD on for the whole draft. I understand the principle is to basically use it to a certain point, but I like how on the VBD excel sheets you guys put out I can still glance at it to see if someone in the overall rankings has slipped through the cracks. I'd like to maintain the same overall ranking ability.

Thanks guys... This is a wonderful product and well worth the minimal $$$ to purchase.

nice feature in Settings to be able to "blend" the 4 staff projections. Wasn't expecting that from what had been written here so far about the lack of ability to tweak the projections. For me, I simply like a mix of the staff projections, weighted a bit towards Dodds fwiw, and this feature allows me to do exactly this. Nice work.

One small feature request...in the Keeper section of the league, it would be great if you could add a pulldown to be able to only show 1 team's keepers at a time. We have 12 teams and 12 keepers. I've only added 2 teams worth of keepers and having it as a single list is already getting long to scroll down and confirm you're getting each team's keepers right.

thanks and nice work!

Hey Joey,

Thanks for the feedback! The app isn't designed for full out dynasty leagues right now. When we add this support I'll make sure that there's better ways of adding keepers, such as the one you suggested.

Will also submit through the app, but for me it's critical to be able to see VBD or points with ADP right next to it when OTC. Easiest way to quickly determine whether to pull the trigger on a player or wait it out.

So what's everyone's early thoughts? This something to bring to your live draft instead of a VBD sheet or a laptop with the DD on it

Is there any support to sync up to a Yahoo league? I'm a paid subscriber to this site and plan on staying that way, but last year I paid for Fantasy Pro's CheatSheetWizard software and it was the greatest thing I've ever done. Last year, I tried doing a bunch of mock drafts with Draft Dominator and I'd always manage to screw up and miss adding a guy that a team selected and therefore making the whole software worthless for the rest of the draft. Maybe this was because of the fast pace of a mock, maybe not? Either way, the whole idea behind the software linking to my league took that whole process of having to manually find and select the player that a team has selected out of the picture. I could spend draft time making my own decisions instead of tracking down and taking note of who everybody else was drafting. Any reason that you're NOT doing this with your software?

Long time user of the DD product. Just got around to checking things out this year and very interested in the Draft GM product. I think I will wait for it to be available with the Draft Kit. I know it has been mentioned that the Draft GM does not currently support Auction drafts. Can we get some clarity on that. Is it something you are trying to get in for this year? Without the Auction capability it will not be useful as we do an Auction style draft. My draft is very late (end of August) do we think the Auction capabilities will be in by then?

Thanks

Already sent this report thru the app but just so folks know, the AI of the mock draft needs a little tweak since it tends to have 1 or 2 teams draft 2 QBs in the first 4 rounds or so. Sliding all the AI sliders to max helps a little but doesn't solve it all the time and it doesn't seem right that I'd need to go from 90% to 100% "smarts" just to have it not draft 2 QBs in the first 4 rounds.

If its not obvious, my mock is a Start 1 QB league (12 teams, non-ppr fwiw)

Is there a 3rd round reversal mock draft option? Or standard snake only?

It's really difficult to estimate release times with Apple's variable review system. We're working hard at it and it will be with you guys as soon as possible - this month for sure. Sorry I can't be more specific but a lot of this is out of our hands!

Users who are viewing this thread