What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneak Peek into the FBG Mobile iPhone App (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
We are in the home-stretch now and expect to submit this application to the Apple iPhone Store within 7-10 days. They then take approximately two weeks to approve it.

Before we get to the questions, we can offer up these things:

1. We will have a mobile web version that will support Android, WinMo, Blackberry devices.

2. Bruce Henderson and Doug Drinen have poured their hearts and souls into this thing. We started with a simplistic news app, but this final product is way more than a news app.

3. The cost of this will be FREE.

4. We have more ideas for this thing and will be adding features (sample articles, lexycasts, video tutorials, projections, and a lot more). Feel free to post your desires in here and we will see what we can do.

I am going to let the various screen shots do the rest of the talking here:

Docking Page

Main Menu

News

Team News

Player News

Player Search

Depth Charts Menu

Depth Charts

Newsletters Menu

Newsletters

Podcasts

Player Pages

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised you didn't make it $0.99.

Most I know download apps at that price without battering an eyelid as they would free apps.

Looking forward to it David :rolleyes:

good stuff.

I know this is not it, but a Draft/Lineup Dominator mobile app would be the greatest fantasy football product ever.

Surprised you didn't make it $0.99. Most I know download apps at that price without battering an eyelid as they would free apps.Looking forward to it David ;)
We just mostly want to get our name out there with this thing. These are all things we give away for free right now so this is just another delivery system. But as a major beta tester of this thing, I love having the latest Audible, newsletters, news and depth charts at my finger tips. We don't have a screen shot showing it, but there is also a link to explode the game logs so you can instantly see what a player did every week.We have big dreams still with this app, but we felt it was time to get it in the marketplace (while we work on improved versions).

good stuff.I know this is not it, but a Draft/Lineup Dominator mobile app would be the greatest fantasy football product ever.
I think I can say with certainty, we can't get a Draft Dominator done this year. It's too complex and we had too big of a learning curve just to get to where we are here. But next year...Skies the limit to these tools we create.We are definitely looking into the feasibility of creating a Lineup Dominator/Custom Cheatsheets/Trade Analyzer application this year that we would charge for. This app would allow you to create custom cheatsheets for any week(s) from multiple FBG staffers. I agree that this app could be a game changer in this industry and we want to be the company that has it.

I remember the days when a bunch of guys would pile into the local sports bar in early September and bogart the main room with their laptops and power cords. Magic football was serious business.

Looks awesome.Does it somehow allow for mobile-friendly forum browsing at all?
We have not incorporated anything like that at all. My understanding is there is something in the marketplace, but it's currently not supported by Invision forums. When that changes, I am sure we will incorporate so people can view these forums cleaner with these devices.

Excellent! Now I have another a better FF source for my iPhone that I can read while at the airport every week.

Excellent work, guys! Wow, I really really think you should consider making it $0.99. As mentioned above, next to NO-ONE bats an eye and pretty much considers those "free" apps. I'm absolutely going to LOVE this app!

This looks amazing. I can't wait to see black-eyed Joe on my iPhone. Can you guys help improve my reception at all?
I need Verizon to support the iPhone here in the woods. I am forced to use a wifi iTouch because of where I live.

David I'm sure you guys already realize this but when you put the Draft Dominator on there you just may revolutionize the way people draft. No more cheat sheets, lap tops and magazines it will all be rendered useless on draft day. Nice work!

David I'm sure you guys already realize this but when you put the Draft Dominator on there you just may revolutionize the way people draft. No more cheat sheets, lap tops and magazines it will all be rendered useless on draft day. Nice work!
Yes we get it. The thing that makes duplicating the Draft Dominator hard is people like to tweak their own projections, etc. It also has so many windows that people tend to have up concurrently. None of these are app-killers, but it's going to take some time to figure out the exact functionality we build into this thing for the iPhone. Suffice it to say, it probably can't have all of the functionality of the desktop version. But it likely can be very close. and yes I do think this will become a very powerful tool to take to the draft.Our main focus this year (besides getting this app in the marketplace) is to get a Lineup Dominator module done that coincides with In-season management / custom cheatsheets. This is a little easier to implement than the Draft Dominator (and it's not due until the start of the season giving us some development time). If we can achieve this, then we know we can do the Dominator over the next off-season.We get the changing world though and we expect to be creating a lot more mobile products going forward.

Wow! Kudos to Doug and Bruce for accomplishing this. Apps are BIG time right now and you're all over it as usual. David and Joe, you guys continue to push FBG into the future, great to see.

-Scott

Looks awesome.

Does it somehow allow for mobile-friendly forum browsing at all?
We have not incorporated anything like that at all. My understanding is there is something in the marketplace, but it's currently not supported by Invision forums. When that changes, I am sure we will incorporate so people can view these forums cleaner with these devices.
David, Tapatalk have just started supporting Invision forums sometime last week.

I know Apple denies some apps for some odd reasons sometimes. If this happens, what's the plan then? Making accessible via Cydia? I doubt Apple denies this one though. Can't wait to check it out

I know Apple denies some apps for some odd reasons sometimes. If this happens, what's the plan then? Making accessible via Cydia? I doubt Apple denies this one though. Can't wait to check it out
I don't see how we would get rejected. They might suggest different coding/layout stuff I suppose, but we have nothing they would object to. We have coded everything in Object C (their language) and it interacts with our database via perl scripts. We are exactly how they like to see apps developed. It's also super easy to test.

I don't see how we would get rejected. They might suggest different coding/layout stuff I suppose, but we have nothing they would object to. We have coded everything in Object C (their language) and it interacts with our database via perl scripts. We are exactly how they like to see apps developed. It's also super easy to test.
BTW, when does the mobile web version goes live?

Awesome. Looking forward to it!

It's live now for a few of us. I think we will release this when we can announce our iPhone App is live in the app store.

It's live now for a few of us. I think we will release this when we can announce our iPhone App is live in the app store.
Curious if anyone else has this problem, I go to the mobile version and it's just half my screen, it's like it doesn't recognize my screen, or is that just a screen shot linked to the mobile page?

nicely done, congrats. recommendation: build up an ipad version. I am not sure the iphone screen has enough room for a DD... but I have been investigating porting the spread sheets rankings to iWorks.

love the idea of a shortcut to the podcasts.. that's the winner for me... i have so many rss feeds that I the same story as many as 4 times a day.. but only one place to get the Audible!

David, this app looks great and future mobile app development sounds like a great idea, too. But there are some silly ways in which the DD and LD are outdated/not flexible. Is there any work happening on the structure of those core apps in addition to the mobile stuff? Either way, you had me at "hello". Great job, great site.

David, this app looks great and future mobile app development sounds like a great idea, too. But there are some silly ways in which the DD and LD are outdated/not flexible. Is there any work happening on the structure of those core apps in addition to the mobile stuff? Either way, you had me at "hello". Great job, great site.
:blackdot:if it comes down to updating the core DD/LD vs putting them in mobile, get the core DD/LD update done first. That's higher priority. Content is king, and that's what FBG is all about.Just my $0.02.

wow last I heard joe started a thread asking what the benefit of an ipod app would be

thought you guys had written it off

very excited for this

thanks fellas

Of course we are going to keep updating the Dominator line of products. For example, I know we will finally be adding return yardage / scoring into a future version of the apps this year. Make sure you get your want lists into Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread