What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneaky flex play week 1.... Ben Tate (1 Viewer)

richn

Footballguy
Tate looks good for week 1. Fosters first run this year, I'm assuming they want to ease him in. SD stinks, You will have a lead and run Tate to kill the clock. I think Tate is a good flex play on Monday.

I've read this on Yahoo & CBS and as a Tate owner I'm just having a tough time being sold on it.

Yes the Texans are a better team; but it's not Alabama vs. Indiana. They're a 3.5pt favorite. It's just a slam dunk they're going to be ahead by 24-7 halfway thru the 3rd Qtr? Meh, I don't think so. Plus the Chargers run defense was actually pretty good last year.

Count me in on Tate as a flex this week. Even if Houston doesn't blow out San Diego, it's hard to imagine San Diego holding a significant lead at any point in the game-meaning Houston will not be taken out of their standard ground game approach. So, that said, with Kubiak coming out and saying Foster is going to see a reduced amount of carries, how do you not like Tate this week? Houston averaged 31.75 rushing attempts/game last year-- with that holding true, does anyone see Foster getting more than 15 carries? Tate is a lock for at least 12 attempts, with an upside of 20 or so if he gets going early and the Texans feel they don't need to ride Foster.

EDIT: Houston rushing attempts average bumped up to 34.5 in their victories in 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texans are only getting 3.5 - I'm not a betting man, but I like that.

SD is one of the worst teams in the NFL.
I dunno, the chargers were 7-9 last year, and there's a good chance they'll improve this year. It's their home opener, I think it could be closer then some think. Hou 20 SD 16.

Not sure where the sneaky parameter fit in, here.

In a 12-teamer, he'd be a terrible play, almost no matter the circumstances. In a 16, he might verge on obvious.

Is this thread peculiar to 14 team leagues? Because if so, I might agree.

starting Tate over Fred Davis and Micheal Floyd. non ppr. not too daring.... but I think Foster get limited touches, especially if Houston get out in front early

Not sure where the sneaky parameter fit in, here.

In a 12-teamer, he'd be a terrible play, almost no matter the circumstances. In a 16, he might verge on obvious.

Is this thread peculiar to 14 team leagues? Because if so, I might agree.
Terrible play? I disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread