What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNF ***Green Bay at Philadelphia*** (-6.5, 46) (1 Viewer)

Hurts 2 rushes for 52 yds already. sheesh
Of course. That's what running QBs do - call their number on most plays, most of the time. Because they can't pass.
He ran twice.
Yeah, I know. They only had 3 plays. That's what running QBs do. They run on most of the plays.

Have you actually seen him pass the ball this year? I'm guessing no because he's actually been a very good passer this year.
107 passer rating, 68% completion rate.
Running QB doing running QB things
Exactly. :thumbup:

Calling their number is what they do. He'll get hurt - it's also what hey do.
It's a new era of football. All of the good young QBs have the ability to run and throw. Hurts is no different. The Brady/Manning type QBs don't exist anymore.
That's not entirely true and you know that.

Sure, the running QB burns twice as bright but lasts half as long - if that. That's fine. I'm just saying running QBs have a very short shelf life. And there is a reason they run - it's because they're not very good passers. Once their legs can't help them anymore they get exposed. You can set your watch to it.

It's a fad that should have ended long ago. Of course, it's excellent for FF purposes.

Of course. That's what running QBs do - call their number on most plays, most of the time. Because they can't pass.
He ran twice.
Yeah, I know. They only had 3 plays. That's what running QBs do. They run on most of the plays.

Have you actually seen him pass the ball this year? I'm guessing no because he's actually been a very good passer this year.

It's a new era of football. All of the good young QBs have the ability to run and throw. Hurts is no different. The Brady/Manning type QBs don't exist anymore.

Sure, the running QB burns twice as bright but lasts half as long - if that. That's fine. I'm just saying running QBs have a very short shelf life. And there is a reason they run - it's because they're not very good passers. Once their legs can't help them anymore they get exposed. You can set your watch to it.

It's a fad that should have ended long ago. Of course, it's excellent for FF purposes.
Your premise appears to be that Hurts is a "running QB" that can't throw. That's simply not true. There were stats posted earlier in this thread refuting that. If you want to ignore it, that's on you. Obviously QBs who can run and throw are ideal. I'm not sure what we're arguing about here.

He ran twice.

Your premise appears to be that Hurts is a "running QB" that can't throw. That's simply not true. There were stats posted earlier in this thread refuting that. If you want to ignore it, that's on you. Obviously QBs who can run and throw are ideal. I'm not sure what we're arguing about here.
I'm not so sure about that. I think those numbers are deceptive because teams have to worry about him running so they gear their DEF to that. When his legs can't save him anymore is when you'll see how good he really is at passing.

Maybe he'll be different than all running QBs before him, but history tells us that's a rarity.

For the record, I don't hate Jalen Hurts, I just hate QBs who pass to supplement their primary running game. They should be running to supplement their primary passing game.

man that is the thing with Miles. people yell run the ball, but with Miles you either get a +10 yard run or he gives you negative yards.

Users who are viewing this thread