What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snowmageddon 2013 (1 Viewer)

=Smackdown=

Footballguy
Boston expecting 1-2 feetL.I. now looking at 6-12 inches. Wish this was happening Sunday night into Monday as opposed to Friday into Saturday. And when did they start naming snow storms?Bring it on !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston expecting 1-2 feet

L.I. now looking at 6-12 inches. Wish this was happening Sunday night into Monday as opposed to Friday into Saturday. And when did they start naming snow storms?

Bring it on !!!
Weather Channel started earlier this winter. Names storms are more "dramatic". Maybe it can become SUPERSTORM NEMO!!!!!

just came back from the market here in MetroBoston. already in panic mode - like housewolves upon carrion do they shop, veggies already gone, bread almost.

It's supposed to be nice and warm here, almost 80 degrees. Oh wait, that's right, I moved to Florida to get away from the snow.

It's supposed to be nice and warm here, almost 80 degrees. Oh wait, that's right, I moved to Florida to get away from the snow.
Enjoy your hurricanes #####. We dont get hurricanes here... oh wait :unsure:
Yes, hurricanes are terrible, but at least we don't have to bundle up to go anywhere afterwards. Besides, at least we don't have to shovel the precipitation out of the way. It'll drain or evaporate away all on its own.

Anyone else survive Blizzard of '78? 35 years ago this week...
that was the yr after i moved away. i remember it though because, even though i lived above 8000 ft in elevation in NM and there were as many subfreezing days there as back in Boston, the week of Da Blizzid was one of those beautiful SWern hints of spring and i adored callin me boyos that wk to let them know that i walked to the store for smokes in my t-shirt.Feb '72 was the one i remember, cuz i'd borrowed a car to go see my gf in Boxford when she said her folks would be gone for the the Washington's B'day (yeah, we had 2 President's Days back then) wkend. When i got there, they had decided not to go because of a coming storm. Stayed as late as they'd let me but it was coming down pretty good by then. I had one friend out that way, so i stopped in on him but he werent home, so i slept in the car. It snowed so much during the night that i couldnt open the car doors in the morning. I dug out the window and called the gf - had an excuse to stay a few days....

Schools cancelling all over the place

full panic mode activated

OH HELL YEAH!!!! ®

:excited:

this storm is going to ruin the best winter ever up here

that was the yr after i moved away. i remember it though because, even though i lived above 8000 ft in elevation in NM and there were as many subfreezing days there as back in Boston, the week of Da Blizzid was one of those beautiful SWern hints of spring and i adored callin me boyos that wk to let them know that i walked to the store for smokes in my t-shirt.Feb '72 was the one i remember, cuz i'd borrowed a car to go see my gf in Boxford when she said her folks would be gone for the the Washington's B'day (yeah, we had 2 President's Days back then) wkend. When i got there, they had decided not to go because of a coming storm. Stayed as late as they'd let me but it was coming down pretty good by then. I had one friend out that way, so i stopped in on him but he werent home, so i slept in the car. It snowed so much during the night that i couldnt open the car doors in the morning. I dug out the window and called the gf - had an excuse to stay a few days....
Just had an epiphanywikkidpissah = SWC?

NO!!!!

NO!!!!

:thumbup: where in the manual does it say that an opinion forum can only have one rambling manic-depressive with punctuation difficulties, brodiculous?!

2 straight weeks off school in the 8th grade :moneybag:
I was in 2nd grade, and it was spectacular to have that time off. I was in Hingham, where were you Keerock?For those of you who don't know what we are talking about, here is a website with some pics that are amazing of the storm.If I remember correctly, that storm was like a hurricane that came thru in February. I grew up on the South Shore, and it hit when we had extremely high tides, so the people on the water got slammed with lots of water on the ground too.There were some guys from our neighborhood that had gone into Boston to watch the Bean Pot (Boston Area College Hockey Tourney), and got stuck on the way home!

NO!!!!

:thumbup: where in the manual does it say that an opinion forum can only have one rambling manic-depressive with punctuation difficulties, brodiculous?!
I had just moved back to DC from several years in Cali to start a new job. I made it to work 2 hrs late and found out that no one was there who'd hired me or knew why I was there.

All my screaming brats have school cancelled already for Friday. I'll be headed into work in the morning for sure. I hope my son hasn't burned the house down before I get home. Or tied up my wife and stepdaughter and stuffed them in the closet.

We now have a full-fledged blizzard warning in effect from 6:00am Friday to 1:00pm Saturday. They're talking about a storm potentially of historic proportions with the potential for 5-foot snow drifts.

Already hearing comparisons to the Blizzard of '78 when the tow truck guy on TV almost hooked the Audi Quattro.

Last time we got warnings like this, IIRC, the storm missed us completely. If we can get out Saturday afternoon, we hope to go night skiing at Mt. Wachusett Saturday night. It's not the most challenging hill around, but they have good grooming equipment and the entire hill is lit until 10:00pm. And it's not too far of a drive. Should be good.

This storm will probably drive away the 6 remaining blacks that still live in Boston

Chief Meteorologist Jamie SimpsonHere are some things I have seen via social media the last few hours in reagrd to the Northeast Blizzard tomorrow and Saturday.Boston’s Logan Airport will shut down from tomorrow afternoon to Saturday evening.Boston’s transit authority shuts down at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, meaning hundreds of thousands if not millions who use it for work have no way home unless they leave early.23 million people in Northeast under Blizzard WarningAmtrack reducing service between Boston and New York tomorrowMassachusetts governor wants vehicles off roads by noonGov. Cuomo will open State Emergency Op. Centers at noon tomorrow for NYIf this lives up to potential we could see immobilized areas until Monday due to potential drifting in eastern New England.One television meteorologist in Boston is forecasting 40", which is a full foot above Boston's all-time single storm record.

just came back from the market here in MetroBoston. already in panic mode - like housewolves upon carrion do they shop, veggies already gone, bread almost.
Wife said it was the worst grocery experience she ever had, they were running out of pretty much everything. Checkout lines all the way back to the deli counter.

Local reports now saying the storm will be even stronger and carry more moisture than anticipated earlier today. :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread