What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So are we flushing our Browns this week? (1 Viewer)

loser

Footballguy
Specifically Cameron and Gordon. Is Campbell really any better than Weeden?

Personally, I think they showcase Gordon, making for a juicier trade value right before the deadline. Cameron I don't trust as much, and even though I'm from the start your studs school, he will more than likely be riding my pine.

What say you?

Start them both. They both will catch a touchdown this week, with KC looking past Cleveland. Cleveland will score atleast 20 pts.

Personally, I think they showcase Gordon, making for a juicier trade value right before the deadline. Cameron I don't trust as much, and even though I'm from the start your studs school, he will more than likely be riding my pine.
I think just the opposite with Captain Checkdown playing. Start Cameron, sit Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think just the opposite with Captain Checkdown playing. Start Cameron, sit Gordon.
This. By the time Campbell throws deep (slowly) it will either result in a bad throw or him being sacked. Sit Gordon play Jordan

Gordon has 1 off week...literally just 1 and everyone is ready to jump ship... LOL

Im starting with confidence. See you guys back in this thread after a 100yd 1 td game

What I am the most worried about in this game is that KC doesn't score well enough to completely blow Cleveland out and I don't get any of the garbage points late from Gordon and especially Cameron.

I'm starting Gordon as I have no choice with byes/injuries (unless Harvin is suddenly activated). The Browns sure won't be able to run, so they'll probably have the ball for like 15 minutes total. But Gordon should get at least 8 targets.

KC gives up the least amount of points to the TE position so I will be sitting Cameron this week. Also, KC has allowed some decent games to the WR1 position so I'd start Gordon if I had him.

Jaguars, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Titans, Raiders, Texans.

This is KC's schedule thus far. Not a lot of great TEs on this list, although they did hold Witten to 3/12.

KC gives up the least amount of points to the TE position so I will be sitting Cameron this week. Also, KC has allowed some decent games to the WR1 position so I'd start Gordon if I had him.
Cruz had a good game because their #1 CB was hurt and out in that game. You are crazy to start Gordon this week.

Cruz had a good game because their #1 CB was hurt and out in that game. You are crazy to start Gordon this week.
DeAndre Hopkins 76 + 1 TD
Denarius Moore 82 + 1 TD
Kendall Wright 74 - no TD
Victor Cruz 164 + 1 TD
Jason Avant 87 + 1 TD
Dez Bryant 141 + 1 TD

I don't have Gordon, but if I did I wouldn't be afraid of this match up.

Have Gordon and Cameron, starting both, don't have better options. I see some garbage time for CLE, but also have KC D so will see

I posted this in the Cameron thread, I'm not worried at all about Cameron this week.

Campbell loved throwing to Cooley in Washington. Cooley was a pro bowler during Campbell's time at QB and had the best year of his career in 2008, 83 rec for 849 yds.

During Campbell's brief stay in Oakland, Zach Miller made the Pro Bowl during Campbell's 1st season as the starter.

Campbell loves throwing to the TEs. No reason to bench Cameron. Downgrade? Maybe. But you're crazy to bench him this week based on what Campbell has done with TEs in the past.

Sitting Cameron mainly because of Jordan Reed's match-up. Starting Gordon due to lack of options but I'm fairly optimistic about it. Optimism Gordon owners!!!!!

fbelange said:
Gordon has 1 off week...literally just 1 and everyone is ready to jump ship... LOL

Im starting with confidence. See you guys back in this thread after a 100yd 1 td game
This is the correct answer

Dont be silly folks...start your studs. Unless you have a bunch of top 10 receivers on your roster, you have to get Gordon in your lineup this week. And unless you have another top 5 TE option, Cameron is a must start.

Going 4 wide with Foster on a bye. Gordon and Cameron benched. At WR starting Colston, DJax, Decker, and Megatron and Vernon Davis at TE. Denarius Moore also on my bench.

Dont be silly folks...start your studs. Unless you have a bunch of top 10 receivers on your roster, you have to get Gordon in your lineup this week. And unless you have another top 5 TE option, Cameron is a must start.
I'm just not so sure about that this week. For example Garçon v DEN, Boykin v MIN and Fitzgerald v ATL all have favourable matchups compared to Gordon v Kansas. Not sure if you'd consider any of then top ten WRs right now, but there's at least an argument for playing each over Gordon this week

NEWSFLASH

KC's defense is NOT GOOD AGAINST WIDE RECEIVERS

How hard is that to get through your head? Instead of just listening about how great their DEF is (and they are), look at where their weakness is.

Convinced 90% of you look at Yahoo's projected points and talk #### based on that

Randomly113 said:
Start them both. They both will catch a touchdown this week, with KC looking past Cleveland. Cleveland will score atleast 20 pts.
bolded....while I don't pretend to know how this game will shake out from a fantasy perspective......the one thing I think I DO know (being a KC fan and having watched every snap) is that they will not be looking past CLE......their offense is not good enough to look past ANYBODY......their defense has carried this team and has bailed out the offense in many situations this year....plus let's say they somehow split with DEN later this year....one slip up loss could have a huge playoff impact....home field, etc....

fantasy wise....CLE strength is in the talent they have in the passing game....I see them very early realizing they will not be able to run the ball....they should know this already, so they should take a #### it, let's sling it approach.....while CLE may not win, I can see Gordon and Cameron putting up solid enough numbers to be fantasy relevant.....KC defense is good/great but by no means at the level of "sit everybody against them no matter what".....what fantasy points CLE does get will be in the passing game....

Last edited by a moderator:
NEWSFLASH

How hard is that to get through your head? Instead of just listening about how great their DEF is (and they are), look at where their weakness is.

Convinced 90% of you look at Yahoo's projected points and talk #### based on that
I thought they did a great job vs. Philly WR's. Dez went a little nuts vs. them though. Dez may be the most physically gifted WR in the league though.

NEWSFLASH

I thought they did a great job vs. Philly WR's. Dez went a little nuts vs. them though. Dez may be the most physically gifted WR in the league though.
as stated above, Dez, Cruz, Denarius, Avant and more have had fantastic to really good games against KC this year.

Gordon is at a talent level with Dez and cruz (not quite there yet but floating in the vicinity)... he should have a solid day. CLE will be throwing.

Users who are viewing this thread