What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So When Do The Titans Lose Their First Game? (1 Viewer)

Pick the spoiler

• Green Bay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At Chicago

• At Jacksonville

• Jets

• At Detroit

• Cleveland

• At Houston

• Pittsburg

• At Indy

• Total voters
I wouldn't call the Packer game a "trap" game.

I'll say Jacksonville but I have been overrating them all year so why not one more time.

It is Pittsburgh

Yep Pittsburgh. They have a good chance at stopping the running attack (if anyone can) and will make Collins beat them.

Bump cuz my boys on AFC Playbook are taking the Pack as well. Sharpe's a homer, but Baldinger thinks the Pack protection packages will be able to slowdown the withering pass rush of the Titans.

Either way, should be a great game.

Green bay, Chicago, and Indy are their only 'real' challenges. Wow. They could win 14-15 games this year.

they will lose two of

gb, chi and pitt

there d is not dominating, they are excellent but not dominating

there O speaks for itself, great run game, adequate at best passing but efficient

they will lose two ofgb, chi and pittthere d is not dominating, they are excellent but not dominatingthere O speaks for itself, great run game, adequate at best passing but efficient
Not even being a wise ###, but you have very accurately & succinctly summed up the 2008 Titans. Well done. :thumbup:

Aren't trap games divisional match-ups?
Yeah, PTI called this a trap game as well. To me a trap game is a game against a lesser opponent between 2 good opponents. To me the pack and bears have similar records but I would consider the Pack the better team, so not a trap game.

They'll lose one of their divisonal road games - historically very tough. I picked Jacksonville, first one up.

The standard definition of trap game is an easier opponent sandwiched between two tough ones. For example, if the Giants play the Cowboys this week, the Bengals next, then Washington following that, then the Cincy game is the trap game. I just don't see any game that is a trap, i.e. a game they are unprepared for because of their opponent's record, standing, etc.

I said Green Bay, but I think it is wrong to call it a trap game.

GB is pretty good, Rodgers can air it out, they have great WR, and Grant is doing better. Titans are on a short week, and GB had a bye. Just doesn't work out to a good situation.

I think they lose 1 of of these next 3 games. I figure they go 6-3 in these last 9 games.

They remind me of the '72 Dolphins. :lmao:

I voted null vote.

I seriously started thinking about this last weekend. They are just a solid football team all the way around with Collins at the helm. They very well could lose a few games, but with a couple of breaks, there is a legit chance they run the table. They are good enough to win any game if they can simply play well ever single week. If any coach could pull it off it would be Jeff Fisher.

I had a hard time deciding between Green Bay and Chicago. I think GB gives them a heck of a time, but in the end I decided Tenn should hold serve at home.

Chicago is a different story. I don't think the Tenn offense has quite enough to move the ball effectively at Soldier field, and I could see the Bears winning in a fairly close, low-scoring match. (13-6 type)

If this was @ Green Bay, I'd be worried.

@ Chicago could be a loss, as could @ JAX or @ HOU. But I can see them 16-0 at the end of the year.

All bets are off if they decide to start VY at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
at 14-0 they will lose both the last two games having clinched the homefield throughout and resting everyone

they don't have the type of team that will get "out-of-sync" by resting folks and "lose-their-timing" so they will bench alot of folk

only team on there that can beat them at 100% is this week GB and week 16 PIT

Green Bay is going to unleash the 5 wide receiver set on the Titans this week. Should be a fun game to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Titans are going down this week-end ... the Packers have had 2 week's to get healthy and prepare for this game, the Titans are coming off an emotional high on a short week after knocking off their much hated division rival Colts .. but the Colts gave them all they could handle in the 1st half and Manning put the ball in the endzone twice through the air ... right now the Packers are a better team than the Colts and Rogers is playing better than Manning and now has a new contract in his hip pocket to boot ... should be a classic Air Attack vs Ground Attack type of ball game!

Pack by 4

:confused:

The Packers don't blame good enough run defense.....not good against a good running team.

I look for Tennessee to lose their first game when they're on the road against someone that can stop the run and make Collins beat them.

A lot of objections to my labelling GB a trap game.

If you look at this game from the eyes of a Tennessee defender, after shutting down Jennings, there's not much to be worried about with Green Bay's offense.

From the eyes of a Tennessee offensive player, as long as Collins doesn't try to beat GB's great corners, there's not much to be worried about with Green Bay's defense.

Indy has had a great offense in the past and has owned Tenn in the past. Chicago has proven it can run the ball and throw the ball plus has an elite defense. Green Bay, this year, is blah.

Trap game.

GB 24

Tenn 17

Look for Tenn to lose against a team that has had success against other winning teams, which has not Green Bay this year. Quite possibly the most hyped 4-3 team in football right now. Beating Minnesota, Detroit, Seattle and Indianapolis while losing to easily more complete teams like a healthy Dallas, Tampa Bay and Atlanta.

Not this week.

A lot of objections to my labelling GB a trap game.If you look at this game from the eyes of a Tennessee defender, after shutting down Jennings, there's not much to be worried about with Green Bay's offense.From the eyes of a Tennessee offensive player, as long as Collins doesn't try to beat GB's great corners, there's not much to be worried about with Green Bay's defense.Indy has had a great offense in the past and has owned Tenn in the past. Chicago has proven it can run the ball and throw the ball plus has an elite defense. Green Bay, this year, is blah.Trap game.GB 24Tenn 17
I think "trap game" is the wrong term here. Isn't that when you think it's a sure lopsided win for one side and in reality it's a loss? No one thought this would be lopsided.Nonetheless, awesome game, awesome matchup.

DA will struggle for several weeks and Crennel will threaten to put Brady in. Then DA throws for 450 yards and 4 TDs in an upset win over the Titans, and Quinn stays on the bench. DA goes on to struggle the rest of the season.

I think the Titans are going down this week-end ... the Packers have had 2 week's to get healthy and prepare for this game, the Titans are coming off an emotional high on a short week after knocking off their much hated division rival Colts .. but the Colts gave them all they could handle in the 1st half and Manning put the ball in the endzone twice through the air ... right now the Packers are a better team than the Colts and Rogers is playing better than Manning and now has a new contract in his hip pocket to boot ... should be a classic Air Attack vs Ground Attack type of ball game!Pack by 4 :sadbanana:
Next.

Now...Chicago with Grossman could be considered a "trap".

I don't see it though.

I think TN beats the Bears without too much struggle.

I was one of only 6 to pick the Jets as the first possible loss. Although it still might not happen (they might lose this week, or they might win and then beat the Jets, too) I feel better about my pick. I just think the Jets have been getting better and better and might be able to get one on the Titans at home.

Users who are viewing this thread