What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Something that needs to be said... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe BryantHear ye, hear yeI hope everyone reads your post :yes:
Has Joe lost "his stuff"? Only one person pats Joe on the back after he replies to a thread? Something's amiss...there should be at least four or five more posters replying in kind by now.And a four digiter no less...Seriously...those taking the member numbers to heart...give it a rest...it's a joke...either ignore it or learn to roll with the punches...cause anything else will only garner more crap in return...and you can apply that one to your entire life...not just this board...Man...it's like some of you people don't have friends or know any other guys in real life...this is ribbing, people...mix it up...have fun...but don't get your panties in a bunch...

Has Joe lost "his stuff"? Only one person pats Joe on the back after he replies to a thread? Something's amiss...there should be at least four or five more posters replying in kind by now.And a four digiter no less...Seriously...those taking the member numbers to heart...give it a rest...it's a joke...either ignore it or learn to roll with the punches...cause anything else will only garner more crap in return...and you can apply that one to your entire life...not just this board...Man...it's like some of you people don't have friends or know any other guys in real life...this is ribbing, people...mix it up...have fun...but don't get your panties in a bunch...
tdoss, will you be my friend? :wub:

tdoss, will you be my friend? :wub:
Geez...I don't know bro...that member number is kinda high...but you are at least in my same genus being a fellow 3 digiter...I guess...what the heck...why not?

post of the century.gllll peas

I did call the Shark Pool "Amateurville."
I'm a new member to the board and I feel that you statement would not be to far out of line. I'd rather see more facts, good opinions, and alot less bashing. I stop reading the Majority of threads due to all the flaming going on. Until the flaming ends and stronger cases are made I still consider this "Amateurville". Although I must admit there are a few posters here I respect for what they have to say.

Hey everybodyI swear this exact post has been posted every Oct/Nov for the last 3 years
See what happens when other mesage boards go premium service?I've been here since Cheatsheets.com. Maybe I do remember the "old days" a bit fondly, but I've noticed something about my habits here:1. I rarely finish reading a thread because they all break down into name calling.2. I don't post as much as I used to, mainly because a lot of the time, someone else has already made my point.3. I find it harder and harder to separate the wheat from the chaff. Pollution by dilution would describe the boards some days.Frankly I blame the Huddle :half-joke: When the Huddle message boards went pay, this Board exploded as those who woud not pay went elsewhere.I too would like to see a return to the days when there were just a few thousand of us registered and the board was mainly VBD geeks, and we actually argued statistics without getting ridiculed. I haven't seen a good discussion of standard deviation yet this year! Frankly though, that isn't going to happen.I personally think Joe made a mistake when he left his highest cost item (the message boards) out of the premium service. It sounds like now, maybe he's beginning to rethink that decision. Personally, I hope he is.Something for you post-padders and flamers to consider.....Edited to add a thought: I wonder how many of the original 1500 or so (old board numbers) are still here, and if they are, how many have stopped posting with the frequency they did in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's worse...someone who has a low member number, has been in a while, and has relatively few posts.....or, someone who joined later with relatively high posts? Assuming the substance is the same, that might tell you who is contributing and who is vulturing...BTW -- amusing to me that some people believe that the duration of their time spent on the board makes their posts better. I have seen good stuff and bad stuff from people of all numbers. Besides, I have only posted 119 times and I KNOW that I am the smartest person here. :P

Hey everybodyI swear this exact post has been posted every Oct/Nov for the last 3 years
See what happens when other mesage boards go premium service?I've been here since Cheatsheets.com. Maybe I do remember the "old days" a bit fondly, but I've noticed something about my habits here:1. I rarely finish reading a thread because they all break down into name calling.2. I don't post as much as I used to, mainly because a lot of the time, someone else has already made my point.3. I find it harder and harder to separate the wheat from the chaff. Pollution by dilution would describe the boards some days.Frankly I blame the Huddle :half-joke: When the Huddle message boards went pay, this Board exploded as those who woud not pay went elsewhere.I too would like to see a return to the days when there were just a few thousand of us registered and the board was mainly VBD geeks, and we actually argued statistics without getting ridiculed. I haven't seen a good discussion of standard deviation yet this year! Frankly though, that isn't going to happen.I personally think Joe made a mistake when he left his highest cost item (the message boards) out of the premium service. It sounds like now, maybe he's beginning to rethink that decision. Personally, I hope he is.Something for you post-padders and flamers to consider.....Edited to add a thought: I wonder how many of the original 1500 or so (old board numbers) are still here, and if they are, how many have stopped posting with the frequency they did in the past.
f'ing bueno: the witch doctor of fantasy football.i still don't know how your Survivor II team lasted as long as it has.i'm angry and bitter.where's path? :banned:

I'm a new member to the board and I feel that you statement would not be to far out of line. I'd rather see more facts, good opinions, and alot less bashing. I stop reading the Majority of threads due to all the flaming going on. Until the flaming ends and stronger cases are made I still consider this "Amateurville". Although I must admit there are a few posters here I respect for what they have to say.
And I already respect what you have to say. I'll remember your name and enjoy swapping ideas and thoughts with you. :thumbup:

I personally think Joe made a mistake when he left his highest cost item (the message boards) out of the premium service. It sounds like now, maybe he's beginning to rethink that decision. Personally, I hope he is.
I TOTALLY agree. I really wish there was a pay-only board.

This board is definitely cyclical...midway through the season we always seem to get to this point. The reason? Because now there's not much to analyze or debate really. We have all had our drafts, and our teams are either kicking butt or struggling.
This statement is very true. Once a bunch of these guys find out that their fantasy seasons are going to be losing ones, we'll see a lot less activity. Thank goodness.

This board is definitely cyclical...midway through the season we always seem to get to this point. The reason? Because now there's not much to analyze or debate really. We have all had our drafts, and our teams are either kicking butt or struggling.
This statement is very true. Once a bunch of these guys find out that their fantasy seasons are going to be losing ones, we'll see a lot less activity. Thank goodness.

I am not sure why making the boards part of the premium service would help. I mean Old Yeller was free and it was just fine. If anything it might give people more of a sense of entitlement and more pompous attitudes. I think it is wrong to closely associate the paying customers with "good posters" and non-paying posters as "riff-raff".

I thought about what you said, but after much consideration, your member number is too big and your post count too small for your thoughts to have any merit.
Oh.....excuse me....but if he's a human being and sounds reasonable then his remarks do have merit. Dissing what was written without cause has no merit. IMO. Cudos to you dude. :thumbup: Gotcha back. :boxing:

I'm assuming you're tougher than normal... ;) (Class of 86 - Crocker / Dudley's Draw)
Crocker Cocks! Soft as socks! Limpest d**** on campus! :P Keep up the good work with the site!Nightshades :cool: (Class of 96, Walton Hall)

Oh.....excuse me....but if he's a human being and sounds reasonable then his remarks do have merit. Dissing what was written without cause has no merit. IMO. Cudos to you dude. :thumbup: Gotcha back. :boxing:
Kudos...with a "K"...

'baggerPosts: 3905Member No.: 5856.67BnBPosts: 2204Member No.: 4055.44MePosts: 2518Member No.: 14151.78
I love stats...let's have more fun with them.I call this the "I am a Fantasy Football Mutant" stat:Number of Posts / Number of days as a member(oh yea, it's also the average posts per day)'bagger3905 / 192 = 20.3smlevin2548 / 192 = 13.3BnB2215 / 192 = 11.6Seriously, I'm all for hobbies and everything....but can you imagine posting on average 11-12 times a day, *every*, yes *every* day, for the past *6+ months*! Especially when a large part of that time wasn't even prime FFL season? What about 20+ times a day!I am mostly a lurker on these boards - gleaning information when I need it and using the "search" function often...but talk about extremes! As good as this site can be for information (or any other site on any topic) I just couldn't imagine being that involved in a message board on such a consistent basis for so long...but I guess that's just my personality.Anyway, good luck to all on your FFL endeavors!

'baggerPosts: 3905Member No.: 5856.67BnBPosts: 2204Member No.: 4055.44MePosts: 2518Member No.: 14151.78
I love stats...let's have more fun with them.I call this the "I am a Fantasy Football Mutant" stat:Number of Posts / Number of days as a member(oh yea, it's also the average posts per day)'bagger3905 / 192 = 20.3smlevin2548 / 192 = 13.3BnB2215 / 192 = 11.6Seriously, I'm all for hobbies and everything....but can you imagine posting on average 11-12 times a day, *every*, yes *every* day, for the past *6+ months*! Especially when a large part of that time wasn't even prime FFL season? What about 20+ times a day!I am mostly a lurker on these boards - gleaning information when I need it and using the "search" function often...but talk about extremes! As good as this site can be for information (or any other site on any topic) I just couldn't imagine being that involved in a message board on such a consistent basis for so long...but I guess that's just my personality.Anyway, good luck to all on your FFL endeavors!
your job must be way more busier than mine.

I love stats...let's have more fun with them.

I call this the "I am a Fantasy Football Mutant" stat:

Seriously, I'm all for hobbies and everything....but can you imagine posting on average 11-12 times a day, *every*, yes *every* day, for the past *6+ months*! Especially when a large part of that time wasn't even prime FFL season? What about 20+ times a day!

I am mostly a lurker on these boards - gleaning information when I need it and using the "search" function often...but talk about extremes! As good as this site can be for information (or any other site on any topic) I just couldn't imagine being that involved in a message board on such a consistent basis for so long...but I guess that's just my personality.

Anyway, good luck to all on your FFL endeavors!

Wondering...what response are you looking for here. I liken your remark to the person who, when you tell about a cool Survivor episode, responds with "don't have enough time to watch tv." Man, that response bothers me.

And besides, 7 posts since July? You admitted you usually just "glean." I referred to that in another post as vulturing. I guess you have enough time to consume, just not enough to produce.

First, I have never made a post that was not filled with relevant information. Do a search and you will see. :P ;) I have to go along with the lighten up crowd on this one. There are still a lot of great threads on this board. I would prefer to hang out with only the friendly sort but I also realize this is the internet. People say things they would never say to someone's face in person. They are cowards for lack of a better term. I try to act exactly as I am in real life. I have fun, never take things to seriously, respect other opinions, and be as argumentative as possible. The only pain I enjoy is that of Cubs and Red Sox fans. :music: Other than that I'm an angel :smoo: The thing that upsets me the most is there is no smilie for the master, Zippy. :angry: ;) One other thing is how much smarter I got when the new board opened I went from a 2600 to the lovely 3 digit number you may view to your left.

Sharks lurk...JOE -- go ahead and raise the price to make the boards a pay feature. I'll still be here -- best non-board information available from the dozen pay sites I've tested. It'll make the boards better, too.

First, I have never made a post that was not filled with relevant information. Do a search and you will see. :P ;) I have to go along with the lighten up crowd on this one. There are still a lot of great threads on this board. I would prefer to hang out with only the friendly sort but I also realize this is the internet. People say things they would never say to someone's face in person. They are cowards for lack of a better term. I try to act exactly as I am in real life. I have fun, never take things to seriously, respect other opinions, and be as argumentative as possible. The only pain I enjoy is that of Cubs and Red Sox fans. :music: Other than that I'm an angel :smoo: The thing that upsets me the most is there is no smilie for the master, Zippy. :angry: ;) One other thing is how much smarter I got when the new board opened I went from a 2600 to the lovely 3 digit number you may view to your left.
Thank god someone is honest enough to expose the 3 digit member Nos BS!The simple fact is that many of us had lower member Nos than you until the board changed from yellow to blue.

Thank god someone is honest enough to expose the 3 digit member Nos BS!The simple fact is that many of us had lower member Nos than you until the board changed from yellow to blue.
I actually have no problem with four digiters. It's the 7000+ crowd. They need to lighten up.

First, I have never made a post that was not filled with relevant information.  Do a search and you will see.  :P   ;) I have to go along with the lighten up crowd on this one.  There are still a lot of great threads on this board.  I would prefer to hang out with only the friendly sort but I also realize this is the internet.  People say things they would never say to someone's face in person.  They are cowards for lack of a better term.  I try to act  exactly as I am in real life.  I have fun, never take things to seriously, respect other opinions, and be as argumentative as possible.  The only pain I enjoy is that of Cubs and Red Sox fans. :music:  Other than that I'm an angel  :smoo:  The thing that upsets me the most is there is no smilie for the master, Zippy.  :angry:   ;)   One other thing is how much smarter I got when the new board opened I went from a 2600 to the lovely 3 digit number you may view to your left.
I actually have no problem with four digiters. It's the 7000+ crowd. They need to lighten up.
Get a life dude! Didnt you even read the post? Many of us 7000+ members had lower member Nos. on the yellow board than you!You guys must have something more important in your life to feel important about than your member No., dont you??

i love how people like to rip on others for posting radio shows or something they saw on local news and not believe a word of it until they can see it in a weblink.
Link?? I don't believe people on this board would act like that.

First, I have never made a post that was not filled with relevant information.  Do a search and you will see.  :P   ;) I have to go along with the lighten up crowd on this one.  There are still a lot of great threads on this board.  I would prefer to hang out with only the friendly sort but I also realize this is the internet.  People say things they would never say to someone's face in person.  They are cowards for lack of a better term.  I try to act  exactly as I am in real life.  I have fun, never take things to seriously, respect other opinions, and be as argumentative as possible.  The only pain I enjoy is that of Cubs and Red Sox fans. :music:  Other than that I'm an angel   :smoo:   The thing that upsets me the most is there is no smilie for the master, Zippy.  :angry:   ;)   One other thing is how much smarter I got when the new board opened I went from a 2600 to the lovely 3 digit number you may view to your left.
Get a life dude! Didnt you even read the post? Many of us 7000+ members had lower member Nos. on the yellow board than you!You guys must have something more important in your life to feel important about than your member No., dont you??
Where's that dang fishhook smiley face?

First, I have never made a post that was not filled with relevant information.  Do a search and you will see.  :P   ;) I have to go along with the lighten up crowd on this one.  There are still a lot of great threads on this board.  I would prefer to hang out with only the friendly sort but I also realize this is the internet.  People say things they would never say to someone's face in person.  They are cowards for lack of a better term.  I try to act  exactly as I am in real life.  I have fun, never take things to seriously, respect other opinions, and be as argumentative as possible.  The only pain I enjoy is that of Cubs and Red Sox fans. :music:  Other than that I'm an angel   :smoo:   The thing that upsets me the most is there is no smilie for the master, Zippy.  :angry:   ;)   One other thing is how much smarter I got when the new board opened I went from a 2600 to the lovely 3 digit number you may view to your left.
:rotflmao: What was my member number on the old board anyway?

Walk over to a mirror. Bend over and look between your legs and you will find it.

There are a few things that make me feel important. One of them is the fact that there are only 2038 people on this earth with more fantasy football knowledge than me. That's pretty damn good, IMO. :cool:

it was only a matter of time before the fishermen came to this thread full of fish.these are my waters boys. back the #### off!

it was only a matter of time before the fishermen came to this thread full of fish.these are my waters boys. back the #### off!
Back the #### off??? Sit the #### down??? Like I said, get a life.

is there anyone more pissed off than this guy about not getting the memo about the board switch?dude, you joined in late august. if you were a real player you would have been on the boards earlier than that. i mean...even an amateur would have stopped by in late july for camps and whatnot. i understand that you arent as committed as the rest of us and all...but if you were a real player, you would have been around during the NFL draft and you wouldnt be so bitter.just so you know, there are a couple of threads in the Free For All devoted to helping the rooks out. They will teach you how to gain credibility through posting quickly and efficiently and how to move up the ranks.if you need any help finding them, use the search function or PM me. i am more than willing to help the newbies out. chin up pardner...we have all been there.

WDIS: Brady or Brad Johnson? Will respond to yours. Thx! oops... :bag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread