What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spiller knee scare... crisis averted! (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
Schefty update:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bills RB CJ Spiller took a spike on his knee. He has a cut. Nothing major. He's good to go.
VIDEO

Man, everyone's heart stopped for a few minutes. Go to church tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have to wait and see, walking off on your own is a good sign, but no guarantee he isn't hurt.

Spiller grabbed his right knee after falling into the end zone and received medical attention on the field for a few minutes.

Spiller was able to walk gingerly off the field without assistance and sat down on the bench with his offensive teammates. That’s a good sign for the Bills’ most talented offensive player and the Bills offense as a whole, although we’ll keep an eye out for any further updates about his condition.

Even if it turns out to have been little more than a momentary scare, that might be the last we see of Spiller until September 8. The Bills don’t need to see anything more to be sure of Spiller’s role in the offense and they certainly don’t need to see him grabbing his knee at the end of any more plays in August.

I just drafted Spiller last night. My heart stopped for a second when I saw this thread. I'm still worried it could be serious.

I'll upload the video so you guys can check it out for yourself. It really did look BAD...

Give me ~10 minutes or so.

Rough day for Spiller.

Step-grandfather of C.J. Spiller kills three in shooting spree
by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com
(3:50 pm ET) Bills running back C.J. Spiller is on the field and in uniform. It would be surprising if he has not heard that his step-grandfather went on a shooting rampage Saturday morning in Florida, killing two and injuring two others before turning the gun on himself and committing suicide.

FYI, people can walk after ACL tears.....not that he has one. Hope he is ok. Just another reason not to draft till after week 3.

One of the major positives here is that Spiller is getting the goal-line work. That's awesome.
Agreed - lost in all this "Spiller is dead" stuff is that pretty relevant fantasy nugget.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Spiller should get an actor's guild card. Reminded me of that time he acted like someone had sawed his shoulder off with a dull knife, gets carted off the field and then it was about as minor as it comes and he plays next week.

If you're a "glass half-full" kind of guy, I guess you can say that he didn't hurt his fantasy team more than that one game but you have to think in the back of your head that every time he does this just makes the coaches want to be cautious with their star. Almost have to have FJAX if you own this guy.

LOL. Spiller should get an actor's guild card. Reminded me of that time he acted like someone had sawed his shoulder off with a dull knife, gets carted off the field and then it was about as minor as it comes and he plays next week.

If you're a "glass half-full" kind of guy, I guess you can say that he didn't hurt his fantasy team more than that one game but you have to think in the back of your head that every time he does this just makes the coaches want to be cautious with their star. Almost have to have FJAX if you own this guy.
A separated shoulder is "as minor as it comes"?

Users who are viewing this thread