What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Link to league website - http://www9.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/53271#0

Draft order has been set, draft starts on Monday (or after SSL3 clears round 1). Commish password is fbgssl4 . Don't e-mail me for a franchise password, log in as the commish and then select your own.

The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Friday unless we start earlier. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.

If you aren't going to be around to pick, you can pre-draft at MFL using the commissioner password. Just make sure you chose the correct franchise when doing so. When the pick is posted in MFL, one of the other league members can post it here. Be sure to check MFL before skipping someone. If you need to skip someone at MFL, assign them a player who won't be drafted and they (or anyone else) can change the pick using the commish function.

---But Bass, that makes no sense or is pointless---

1. This is a message board draft. One of the main points is to generate discussion.

2. Many here are blocked at work from MFL and wouldn't be able to participate.

3. I don't want to deal with the timer mess at MFL.

DON'T NOT EXPECT TO RECEIVE A PM INDICATING THAT YOU ARE UP. WHEN YOU'RE ON THE SITE, CHECK THE THREAD. YOU CAN ALSO HAVE MFL NOTIFY YOU IN YOUR FRANCHISE SETUP.

Draft Order

1.01 1. Bamac Waiting On Bamac For The Next Pick
1.02 2. Mr. Irrelevant
1.03 3. Busman
1.04 4. By The Sea Wannabe
1.05 5. Teamramrod
1.06 6. Crippler
1.07 7. Atomic Punk
1.08 8. Old Milwaukee
1.09 9. Kardplayer
1.10 10. Phenix
1.11 11. Bron1ncos
1.12 12. Solorca
1.13 13. Bronx Bomber
1.14 14. Jeaton6
1.15 15. Gamma1210
1.16 16. Shadowmaster (4 hr clock)

Blue Kun and Ruffrody are the alternates. Please be ready to roll. If you timeout in the first round, you may be replaced without warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? 3rd draft this off season, 3rd 16 hole.
Wow. Remind me not to stand next to you the next time there's a thunderstorm in the area. :)Having said that, I was in the 16-slot in PDSL and think I came out of the top 4 rounds pretty well. I'd rather be at the turn than somewhere in the "dead zone" 9-12 range this year.

Wow. Remind me not to stand next to you the next time there's a thunderstorm in the area. :)Having said that, I was in the 16-slot in PDSL and think I came out of the top 4 rounds pretty well. I'd rather be at the turn than somewhere in the "dead zone" 9-12 range this year.
I'm not unhappy with the spot, just seems weird to be in the same spot for all 3. At least I know what to expect.

I'm not unhappy with the spot, just seems weird to be in the same spot for all 3. At least I know what to expect.
You must not have my paypal address

I'm ready with the 1.01 as soon as SSL3 gets through the first round. If anyone is following that draft, feel free to PM me when they finish round one.

I'm ready with the 1.01 as soon as SSL3 gets through the first round. If anyone is following that draft, feel free to PM me when they finish round one.
I've auto drafted the 1.02 but I'll be tied up most of the afternoon/evening.. Can someone PM next up if and when we get through my pick? TIA.

Shawdowmaster in league 3 times out at 5:17 edt. I someone in this league wants his spot, post your pick in the league 3 discussion thread.

I'm sure he will make the pick before then but I don't think there is any need to be generous, we all knew what was up and how much time we had to make the picks. As Bass said we shouldn't be relying on pm's to know when we are up (plenty of ways to know that without the pm).

1.01 Adrian Peterson1.02 Doug MartinPM to next.
Actually, phone's acting up. Please PM Busman.
PM sent at 9:10 Eastern.
Being generous and starting from the time I PM'd, Busman has until 1:10 p.m. Eastern today before he times out.
Given the fact that this is the first round and he came up on a Friday evening, let's give him until 6pm tonite. Someone please pm Shadowmaster to post a back-up 1.3 pick in this thread in case it's needed (Busman doesn't show). If 6 pm comes and goes, swap franchises for Shadow and Busman and enter Shadow's pick. If 6 pm comes and goes and neither show up, go to the alternate list.

I'm offline today from around 1 until10ish tonite.

I'm sure he will make the pick before then but I don't think there is any need to be generous, we all knew what was up and how much time we had to make the picks. As Bass said we shouldn't be relying on pm's to know when we are up (plenty of ways to know that without the pm).
I'm actually going to cut him some extra slack. He's been a good and timely drafter for a long time. Between the start being dependent on the prior draft, that draft being stalled due to a timeout and owner switch, and him coming up on a Friday nite...it was bad timing.

Given the fact that this is the first round and he came up on a Friday evening, let's give him until 6pm tonite. Someone please pm Shadowmaster to post a back-up 1.3 pick in this thread in case it's needed (Busman doesn't show). If 6 pm comes and goes, swap franchises for Shadow and Busman and enter Shadow's pick. If 6 pm comes and goes and neither show up, go to the alternate list. I'm offline today from around 1 until10ish tonite.
I've PM'd Shadow.

Guessok. It's saturday so forgive me for being slow but why would shadow replace bus? He is in 16 slot...

I'm actually going to cut him some extra slack. He's been a good and timely drafter for a long time. Between the start being dependent on the prior draft, that draft being stalled due to a timeout and owner switch, and him coming up on a Friday nite...it was bad timing.
i agree . lets hang tight for a bit and let him show up.

Peace

I've PM'd Blue-Kun to tell him that he may be subbing in. After 6 pm, is it a three-way race between Busman, ShadowMaster, and Blue-Kun to enter a pick?

I've PM'd Blue-Kun to tell him that he may be subbing in. After 6 pm, is it a three-way race between Busman, ShadowMaster, and Blue-Kun to enter a pick?
IM'd my pick to you Bamac!

A.Foster RB HOU

Tried to PM Phenix but came back cannot receive message
Too much fan mail.
You know its true, actually It has been like that for a while, dont know why. lol

Email Ramrod, he knows how to find me.

1.10 Phenix - Richardson, Trent CLE RB 8:40:38 a.m.

1.11 Bro1ncos - Spiller, C.J. BUF RB 8:40:39 a.m.

No way Trent should of been there at 10 in PPR, no way.

yea, I am stuck with Phenix in a real league. I know how to get ahold of him.

you think he is fun here, imagine him without a filter ;)

peace

can someone pm Bronx Bomber to let him know hr is on the clock. On mobile and cant easily pm him.

Too much fan mail.
You know its true, actually It has been like that for a while, dont know why. lol

Who should not have been picked in front of him. It is because of PPR that I took McCoy over Richardson

yea, I am stuck with Phenix in a real league. I know how to get ahold of him.

you think he is fun here, imagine him without a filter ;)

peace
If I stand corrected, I believe you said I am what makes that league fun. ;-)

(I have the screen shot to prove it, lol)

Also, fantasy football is not meant to have a filter.

Too much fan mail.

Who should not have been picked in front of him. It is because of PPR that I took McCoy over Richardson
Oh lets see... McCoy, Rice, Graham and Charles for starters. Rodgers is debatable.

Too much fan mail.

Oh lets see... McCoy, Rice, Graham and Charles for starters. Rodgers is debatable.
That is why we play the game. the only one I see that is a for sure if Charles and I dont go Rodgers because of QB depth myself but he is going to outscore anyone at the top but the rest are all higher than Richardson on my list. Green who was drafted afterwards was also. Richardson to me is one of the more overrated fantasy players. I dont think he is the 2nd coming of Peterson and not a big fan that he can stay healthy in the end and dont like his QB. You can have him. If I picked at 1.10 I probably would go AJ Green and let Richardson drop.

Bus on 4 hour clock on turn I assume he has 8 hours? If no pick by 638 pm I think its time to move on to blue Kun.

Users who are viewing this thread