What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

St. Thomas - FBG Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Polish Hammer

made of glass
I earned an award trip from my company and will be heading to St. Thomas next week. We'll have one full day at leisure (from say 9AM until 5ish) and then one evening where we can go out anywhere we want for dinner/fun. Does anyone have any recommendations of places to go or things to do for these free periods? If it makes any sort of difference, we'll be staying at the Ritz. I really have no idea what that means in terms of geography, but there ya go.

It looks like Craig & Sally's, which was the best restaurant on the island, IMO, has closed. Bummer.

There are plenty of nice beaches. Megan's Bay is probably the most popular, but be prepared. There's no surf there. It's pretty much a snorkeling destination. THe cruise ship types generally stick to shopping in Charlotte Amelie. A lot of the tourists also head up to the Mountain Top for the view and a banana daquiri.

It looks like Craig & Sally's, which was the best restaurant on the island, IMO, has closed. Bummer.

There are plenty of nice beaches. Megan's Bay is probably the most popular, but be prepared. There's no surf there. It's pretty much a snorkeling destination. THe cruise ship types generally stick to shopping in Charlotte Amelie. A lot of the tourists also head up to the Mountain Top for the view and a banana daquiri.
There's no snorkeling at Megan's Bay. If you want snorkeling, the best place to go is to Red Hook and then take the ferry to St. John. Trunk Bay is beautiful but crowded, Cinnamon Bay is beautiful and often nearly empty.

If you don't want to or have time to ferry over to St. John, get a cab to Sapphire Beach. My favorite beach within a short shot from Charlotte Amalie, beautiful, great snorkeling, and they have beer. 2nd favorite would be Coki Beach, but Sapphire is far less crowded and Coki is in a bit of a sketchy area. They do have the aquarium there, though.

Oceana to eat. Don't bother with Megans Bay though the cab ride over the hill can pass as a thrill depending on the driver. Big fan of the beach on water island if you can avoid the handful of idiot pirate boat tour things that drop by. The gondola to paradise point is fun in spite of some heavy cheese at the bar at the top. No idea where the ritz is. Hope for your sKe that it's not in Charlotte Amelie.

Mrs. Sweet Love just beat breast cancer and I promised her a tropical trip and a Euro trip if she did so. We've been to the following Caribbean Isles, and I am curious where people would put St. Thomas on the list (or if you have one that trumps the list, please let me know).

Aruba

Curacao

Turks and Caicos

Grand Bahama (Atlantis)

Grand Cayman

Sweet Love said:
Mrs. Sweet Love just beat breast cancer and I promised her a tropical trip and a Euro trip if she did so. We've been to the following Caribbean Isles, and I am curious where people would put St. Thomas on the list (or if you have one that trumps the list, please let me know).

Aruba

Curacao

Turks and Caicos

Grand Bahama (Atlantis)

Grand Cayman
st john is amazing. i wouldn't go to st thomas. chack out the link in my post above. tons of info on st john.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet Love said:

Aruba

Curacao

Turks and Caicos

Grand Bahama (Atlantis)

Grand Cayman
st john is amazing. i wouldn't go to st thomas. chack out the link in my post above. tons of info on st john.
This...wife and I went to St John in September for our 10th anniversary, and it was amazing...the views, the vibe, the people. Can't wait to head back.

Apple Jack said:
Big fan of the beach on water island
This. St Thomas kinda sucks and taking the ferry to St John for such a short time probably isnt practical. The ferry to water island is $10RT, takes only 10 minutes and runs on the hour. Hang out on Honeymoon beach or explore the island on your own. There are lots of great snorkeling spots.

Users who are viewing this thread