What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting RB's likely to be on another team next year (keeper league info) (1 Viewer)

I'm looking to find some info of RB's that are on their last year of their deal or likely to be a cap casualty next year. For example, David Montgomery.

The reason being their backups are good stash candidates for keeper leagues as they have a good shot to be the starting RB next year.

Who do you got?

Kareem Hunt
Think he was looking for a starter that is on his way out so he could target his backup in a keeper league. Not sure if Chubb is one of those late round guys that will skyrocket next year when his starting rb leaves.

Kareem Hunt
Think he was looking for a starter that is on his way out so he could target his backup in a keeper league. Not sure if Chubb is one of those late round guys that will skyrocket next year when his starting rb leaves.
Yeah, I just re-read his question, my mistake. I guess the only RB that is presently starting that I can think of that is supposed to be gone after this year is Damien Harris/Patriots.

Yeah, I just re-read his question, my mistake. I guess the only RB that is presently starting that I can think of that is supposed to be gone after this year is Damien Harris/Patriots.
ya I think there's not a lot, but the ones that come to mind are:

Harris
Montgomery
Jacobs
Sanders
Singletary
Penny

All of them are free agents after this year, and also have younger RB's behind them waiting in their heels to take over. Can't see any other starters with a contract up next year.... there's Barkley but he'd probably stay in NY I'd guess and there's no one behind him worth drafting as a "He'll be the starter there next year" guy..

ya I think there's not a lot, but the ones that come to mind are:

Harris
Montgomery
Jacobs
Sanders
Singletary
Penny

All of them are free agents after this year, and also have younger RB's behind them waiting in their heels to take over. Can't see any other starters with a contract up next year.... there's Barkley but he'd probably stay in NY I'd guess and there's no one behind him worth drafting as a "He'll be the starter there next year" guy..
The probably is there won't be enough starting gigs for all these guys when you figure that teams more often than not like to go younger at RB and it is expected to be a strong rookie crop coming out next year. Many of these incumbents will find themselves in RBBC situations at best.

If we are sticking to starters with an eye on backups, I'd list these guys/groups.

Free agents who might not resign:
Singletary, Penny, Saquon, Jacobs, Montgomery, Sanders

Vets who might get cut due to contract:
Aaron Jones, Zeke (Pollard is also a UFA), Kamara (probably unlikely, but doesn't a suspension void guarantees? $16m cap hit right now, but only cuttable if the dead cap is lowered by a suspension)
Maybe Henry and Fournette could be added here if for some reason those teams don't look like they are competing in 2023, but it seems unlikely.

Vets who might get replaced due to not showing enough with their chances:
CEH, Akers (Henderson also a FA), Gibson (was kind of already happening with Robinson)

Users who are viewing this thread