What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stash Jonathan Stewart now? (1 Viewer)

emerlin

Footballguy
I am not seeing any injury updates, news or discussion about him, he seems way off the radar. Anyone have any insight? He comes off the PUP week 7. He could be a guy to help teams down the stretch. I suspect he has more upside than the typical wavier wire backs now available. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
google is my friend...... just saw this.

Jonathan Stewart on track to return when eligible by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
[SIZE=.8em](9/19/13)[/SIZE] Panthers coach Ron Rivera said running back Jonathan Stewart (ankle) has been running well and is on pace to return when he's eligible to come off the PUP list. Stewart has to miss the first six weeks of the season and the earliest he's eligible to return is Week 7 vs. St. Louis.

I don't see him having a ton of value, I suppose Shula seems like he wants to run the ball more so he could. If you have the room he is worth rostering. Just every year is the year for this guy and never seems to pan out.

Jonathan Stewart on track to return when eligible by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com(9/19/13) Panthers coach Ron Rivera said running back Jonathan Stewart (ankle) has been running well and is on pace to return when he's eligible to come off the PUP list. Stewart has to miss the first six weeks of the season and the earliest he's eligible to return is Week 7 vs. St. Louis.
How many weeks after he is back.....will he get injured again? What is the over / under? Week 9? Week 10?

If hes cheap and you have the easy roster spot, might's well give it a shot.

Obviously he should no longer be viewed as a core player, but as an end of the bench waiver pick up he's a good lottery ticket.

Jonathan Stewart on track to return when eligible by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com

(9/19/13) Panthers coach Ron Rivera said running back Jonathan Stewart (ankle) has been running well and is on pace to return when he's eligible to come off the PUP list. Stewart has to miss the first six weeks of the season and the earliest he's eligible to return is Week 7 vs. St. Louis.
Thanks, this is the first positive news I have heard on him. I drafted him in dynasty this year and getting worried that his injuries were career threatening.

I was just wondering about him too. I drafted him and cut him for EJ Manuel (in a start 2 QB league x 8 teams) a couple of weeks ago. Can't justify dropping anyone from my roster for him right now though. I see a lot of other rosters that have players I would cut for him though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread