What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stay away from Carson Palmer (1 Viewer)

I'm not so sure. Look at KC. Very little impact from the recievers and the RB's play only a small role in the passing game yet Green is usually around 4000 yards and 22-24 TD's.

As for Pitts, they have one of the best RB's that can catch in Staley. For some reason they chose not to use him last year in the passing game.

As for the Maddox comment itself, I agree he was likely tapped out already.
The RBs have avearged 897 receiving yards each of the past four years. I'd say that's fairly significant. That's 556 more yards than Palmer threw to his RBs. If you added 556 yards to Palmer's total last year, he'd move from ranking 20th to ranking 16th.
Thanks for correcting me on that. I didn't realize their RB's had so many yards. So I thought what did Cinn do the last 3 years?:They've avg. 478 yards per year which is 419 less than KC's. What I've noticed however is that since Rudi took over the RB spot the receiving yards have decreased. The TE's have avg 392 each. The TE's have had some injury issues the last few years as well IIRC.

So you're right. A bump in the RB/TE totals while maintaining the WR output and watch out!

I'm not so sure. Look at KC. Very little impact from the recievers and the RB's play only a small role in the passing game yet Green is usually around 4000 yards and 22-24 TD's.

As for Pitts, they have one of the best RB's that can catch in Staley. For some reason they chose not to use him last year in the passing game.

The RBs have avearged 897 receiving yards each of the past four years. I'd say that's fairly significant. That's 556 more yards than Palmer threw to his RBs. If you added 556 yards to Palmer's total last year, he'd move from ranking 20th to ranking 16th.
Thanks for correcting me on that. I didn't realize their RB's had so many yards. So I thought what did Cinn do the last 3 years?:They've avg. 478 yards per year which is 419 less than KC's. What I've noticed however is that since Rudi took over the RB spot the receiving yards have decreased. The TE's have avg 392 each. The TE's have had some injury issues the last few years as well IIRC.

So you're right. A bump in the RB/TE totals while maintaining the WR output and watch out!
Chris Perry?? :unsure:

Chris Perry?? :unsure:
That was funny. Any more good ones? :P

Lucky you...I had a terrible fantasy year, since I drafted:

Player          Games 1-8 Rank Games 9-16 Rank  2004 RankMatt Hasselbeck          7              3          13Kevan Barlow            35             11          27Marshall Faulk          62              7          29David Boston            30             12          lolJustin McCareins        41             14          42Bobby Engram            66             23          63Boo Williams            35              3          24 Of course, once Boston went down I picked up Az-Zahir Hakim. He ranked 100th in the first eight games of 2003, but 26th in the last eight! Unforunately, he was just 57th last year.

Sure, there are many examples of players that had great second halves, that went on to have great follow up seasons. The problem is, about half of them do the exact opposite. I've never seen anyone prove that second half stats are particularly useful, but I have seen it written that second half stats AREN'T particularly useful.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/articles/fhsh.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/arti...todMasoDe00.htm
Second half stats can be useful, which is what I empasizing in my previous post. I am not saying that they are always useful...which is what you may be interpreting from my post.Is that accurate?
How do you know when to use them and when not to use them?
I tend to find them very useful with young QBs. Case in point would be Garcia a few years back and Delhomme coming off the Super Bowl season. QBs more so then any other position are in control of there own destiny. Furthermore, there's not a position on the field with a bigger learning curve then QB.

Users who are viewing this thread