What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers should have HFA for Super Bowl XL (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
Considering how well the Steelers have played on the road I am not sure this is a good thing but I am betting the Steelers will have a big crowd advantage in Super Bowl XL. Detroit is only 300 miles away and it is an easy drive from Pittsburgh. Also lots of Detroit homers will be rooting for Bettis. I went to the first game ever at Ford's field (preseason game against the Steelers) and it was LOUD. All I kept thinking was if the Lions ever get good this will be a tough place to play.

We all know Steelers fans travel really well, heck there were terrible towels beign waved in the NFC Championship crowd, and the Steelers WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING! Realize that some Steelers fans "travel" well partly because they don't need to travel to reach what's a road game for the Steelers - they already live in the road city.I'm guessing that most Steeler fans will be shocked at how well Seahawks fans travel in this game.Seattle fans are at a relative disadvantage due to the distance Seattle is from everywhere, the newness of the team, and the economic collapse of Pittsburgh that caused people to seek employment elsewhere.This is the Super Bowl, and rabid fans will travel to see it. Seattle's fanbase is pretty rabid - check out the stadium noise. It's a major burden to travel thousands of miles for games in the regular season - car road trips aren't happening the way they do in the AFC North - but for the Super Bowl it should be a done deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all of the corporate tickets and the tickets that somehow go to the "occasional" fan who is there to be seen, I am not under the impression that many true "fans" of either team are able to go to these things. That said, I'm sure there are more bandwagon Steeler fans than Seahawk.

With all of the corporate tickets and the tickets that somehow go to the "occasional" fan who is there to be seen, I am not under the impression that many true "fans" of either team are able to go to these things.

That said, I'm sure there are more bandwagon Steeler fans than Seahawk.
I agree with this to an extent. There will be a lot of fat cats at the game, but there will also be a lot of Steeler fans who will be very loud.Can you imagine how much money some Steeler fans will spend this postseason. Travel and 2 tickets to all 4 games could easily cost 15,000.

With all of the corporate tickets and the tickets that somehow go to the "occasional" fan who is there to be seen, I am not under the impression that many true "fans" of either team are able to go to these things. 

That said, I'm sure there are more bandwagon Steeler fans than Seahawk.
I agree with this to an extent. There will be a lot of fat cats at the game, but there will also be a lot of Steeler fans who will be very loud.Can you imagine how much money some Steeler fans will spend this postseason. Travel and 2 tickets to all 4 games could easily cost 15,000.
Which probably means that they have no money left over for the Super Bowl... :P

Users who are viewing this thread