What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stewart hurt? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Stewart was in on a short yardage play, coy wire hit him hard. listening to the radio. they just said stewart was taken to the locker room to have his shoulder looked at. Not much else at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Stewart would be nice. :confused:
Well Kordell played last night, Payne's a dead golfer, and Jimmy is a dead actor.So I'm gonna guess James.

Yep, right shoulder injury to James Stewart RB DET. Still no word on how serious. I'm watching in Detroit, so I'll keep you posted.BTF The play injury happened exactly one play after Spielman (announcing) said they should take Stewart out - he'd already made several great plays, so they should take him out and avoid injury.... :wall:

Pinner was placed on the PUP, he's out the first 6 games, I believe.(And is everyone sure it wasn't the squinty guy from Third Rock from the Sun that was hurt, French Stewart?)

Cobourne fumble on goalline, not a good start if he is to suplant Bryson as back-up to Stewart.

Yep, right shoulder injury to James Stewart RB DET. Still no word on how serious. I'm watching in Detroit, so I'll keep you posted.
Any update yet? How bad did it look in your opinion?? Maybe just a stinger? Seperation? Dislocation? Speculation? :wall: :wall: :wall:

They are saying dislocation now. He took the hit right above the shoulder. Didn't look too ugly, but he couldn't get up. Could have been seperation. I was trying to listen while sitting at the computer. I'll let you know for sure at half time.

is a separated should bad, in that it could keep a guy out for x-number of weeks.please no...he's my #2 in my 12-man league...i'd hate to rely on hambrick.

The announcers went on to say that he is "Doubtful" to return to THIS game. My guess is he will be back next week.

Separated shoulders can be as bad as a few weeks (he's out at least two) or several months if he has ligament/tendon damage, which could require surgery. So, figure two weeks or...in the worst case scenario, a minimum of two months...but probably more.

There are multiple degrees of seperation and depending on which it could be a couple of days to weeks. A dislocation is likely going to be significantly worse with possible rotator cuff damage.

Brian Williams LB DET just went off too with a trainer holding his lower arm for him....Just announced it was another shoulder problem and will be further evaluated in the locker room.

Thanks for the info guys....Now, does anybody know anything about separated shoulders?Thanks
I'm the unfortunate expert on separated shoulders (as opposed to dislocation). I suffered a 3rd-degree separation in a skiing accident (a 3rd-degree separation is where all three ligaments connecting the shoulder to the collarbone are severed). Essentially I had another ligament transplanted from under my shoulder socket to take the place of the three missing ligaments. If Stewart has a 3rd-degree separation, he will need surgery and may not see the field in '03. If, however, he only has a 1st (strained ligaments) or 2nd-degree (one torn ligament), then his time frame will be much like Derrick Mason's from last year (3 weeks). Also, Brian Griese had a shoulder separation two years ago -- I believe his was a 2nd-degree.RAPTURE

Thanks for the info guys....Now, does anybody know anything about separated shoulders?Thanks
I'm the unfortunate expert on separated shoulders (as opposed to dislocation). I suffered a 3rd-degree separation in a skiing accident (a 3rd-degree separation is where all three ligaments connecting the shoulder to the collarbone are severed). Essentially I had another ligament transplanted from under my shoulder socket to take the place of the three missing ligaments. If Stewart has a 3rd-degree separation, he will need surgery and may not see the field in '03. If, however, he only has a 1st (strained ligaments) or 2nd-degree (one torn ligament), then his time frame will be much like Derrick Mason's from last year (3 weeks). Also, Brian Griese had a shoulder separation two years ago -- I believe his was a 2nd-degree.RAPTURE
OUCH!!! that sucks, for you especially. Hope it's not a 3rd degree seperation...i don't own Stewart and i'm not a lions fan, but i'd still like to see the old man pound out one more year (and i don't like to see any player get hurt)

Bryson is the backup.I just picked up Cobourne, ignoring Bryson.I just don't like Bryson much, it was a deep spot, and am taking a chance. Have Cobourne in my dynasty league, so i like to root for him. Plus, he reminds me of Zereoue for some reason. ;)

You guys are LIFESAVERS!I was literally one minute from drafting Stewart in my $100/$5 per transaction office league before I thought of coming onto the forums and that's when I found this thread.This sucks... he looked like he was going to be a good value at 7.4...Ah well.

Is Cobourne the backup or is Bryson?? Is Bryson still hurt?? Cobourne isnt even listed in the data base for players to pick up in my stupid yahoo league LOL :(

OK, official word so far is a seperated shoulder on Stewart. It's still up in the air whether Couburn or Bryson is his immediate backup. I'd bet on Bryson though, since they left Couburn in on special teams. Time will tell though. Denson is now in at RB, but just dropped the ball.Crap, now Mooch is saying that it's a dislocation! So, who knows.OK. Now it's seperation again. So, I'm believing that. Still no word at the half whether it's a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree seperation.

Great. I used my 3.06 on Stewart in Alpha. PLUS someone else is actually carrying BRYSON! C'mon, how many leagues feature teams carrying the Lions' backup RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread