What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Penguin

Footballguy
While "The Watcher" is mildly entertaining save for the ending, it's far from true story. Th a actual house was nothing close to the one in the series and the series tries to tie in serial killer John List who killed his family in Westfield into the story which had nothing to do with the actual house.

While "The Watcher" is actually a true story, the mini series veered way off the actual facts, as TV usually does.

Westfield is actually a really nice town with a cool downtown vibe.

Buckna

RMT Beta Tester
Watching Manifest on Netflix... just started season 2. There has been limited buzz in here about it, but I find it entertaining. Getting a little predictable now, but still enjoyable.
Final season 4 is expected towards the end of this year. It got a little bit like Lost where you started to wonder if they knew where they were going with it but the season 3 finale was crazy. There were a small group of us that would comment on it and were upset NBC cancelled it. Netflix is doing the final season to thankfully wrap it up.
First part of season 4 of Manifest came out on Netflix this past weekend. Appears to be split into halves.

snogger

Footballguy
Watching Manifest on Netflix... just started season 2. There has been limited buzz in here about it, but I find it entertaining. Getting a little predictable now, but still enjoyable.
Final season 4 is expected towards the end of this year. It got a little bit like Lost where you started to wonder if they knew where they were going with it but the season 3 finale was crazy. There were a small group of us that would comment on it and were upset NBC cancelled it. Netflix is doing the final season to thankfully wrap it up.
First part of season 4 of Manifest came out on Netflix this past weekend. Appears to be split into halves.
Yes, two parts.
I'm 4 episodes into season 4 and really enjoying it. Pretty sure I am going to be as mad at the end of part 1, as I was at the end of season 3 getting stuck on a cliffhanger, but going to enjoy it while I can. :popcorn:

Buckna

RMT Beta Tester
Yes, two parts.
I'm 4 episodes into season 4 and really enjoying it. Pretty sure I am going to be as mad at the end of part 1, as I was at the end of season 3 getting stuck on a cliffhanger, but going to enjoy it while I can. :popcorn:

Yeah, have only gotten thru the first episode so far. Pretty good. Glad they had a recap at the beginning, was hard to remember how insane that season 3 finale was.

Tick

Footballguy
I’m in the basement with Covid doing nothing, so I watched the first 9 episodes of Reservation Dogs on a general FBG recommendation. I like it a lot - some hilarious parts.

I loved the Texas ranchers walking past and muttering bullet points. Here’s what I caught: “Longhorns got beat. Stock market. Dow’s down. Cattle prices. Feed price up. Mexicans. Investments. Cancel culture. Taxes. Wokeness. Government overreach. Don’t forget the gays.”

fatness

against the grain
I’m in the basement with Covid doing nothing, so I watched the first 9 episodes of Reservation Dogs on a general FBG recommendation. I like it a lot - some hilarious parts.
Sorry to hear you have COVID and I hope you recover quickly.

I thought Reservation Dogs was a pretty fine series. On the surface it's about a group of teenagers killing time in a depressed Native American reservation, but there are some pretty strong tie-ins to Native American history and also to loss of significant people in the lives of the 4 main characters and those around them. And there's enough solid humor as well. The episode about the hallucinogens and the catfish cult was hilarious, the episode about Cheese in the home for wayward kids was really touching, and the episode with Cheese doing the ride-along with Big made me love a song I've hated since it came out in '74..

Stick with Res Dogs til the end. Cheese and Willie Jack really develop as strong components of the show as it goes along.

Gr00vus

Footballguy

I thought Reservation Dogs was a pretty fine series. On the surface it's about a group of teenagers killing time in a depressed Native American reservation, but there are some pretty strong tie-ins to Native American history and also to loss of significant people in the lives of the 4 main characters and those around them. And there's enough solid humor as well. The episode about the hallucinogens and the catfish cult was hilarious, the episode about Cheese in the home for wayward kids was really touching, and the episode with Cheese doing the ride-along with Big made me love a song I've hated since it came out in '74..

Stick with Res Dogs til the end. Cheese and Willie Jack really develop as strong components of the show as it goes along.
I really liked the episode in the most recent season where Bear's mom and her crew went on to the "health care" weekend at the resort. This show is so good at being able to focus on different subsets of the characters episode to episode and still have it work. The scene where they juxtapose how the women think they're dancing, and how they actually are dancing was hilarious.

Tick

Footballguy

Bill Burr is ridiculously good at picking shows to have bit parts on. Breaking Bad, Mandalorian, and Res Dogs is batting 1.000.

Just don’t tell me if he’s on Young Sheldon or something.

Zow

Footballguy

Bill Burr is ridiculously good at picking shows to have bit parts on. Breaking Bad, Mandalorian, and Res Dogs is batting 1.000.

Just don’t tell me if he’s on Young Sheldon or something.
He was also in Crashing - which was fantastic.

BeTheMatch

Let it burn!
Anyone watching Shantaram on Apple?

It's set in 1980s Bombay. An Australian guy escapes prison back home and flees there. Not sure if it's based on a true story or not.

I'm six episodes in, and I'd say it's in the very good category.

As a bonus, the French actress that plays Karla may be the most stunning woman I've ever seen in my life.

Dinsy Ejotuz

Footballguy
Holy ****.

"The Patient" on Hulu (Steve Carrel) is incredibly intense. It is up there in terms of quality and very powerful. It's dark, difficult, grim and heavy throughout, so I'm sure it'll be hit and miss for people, but I loved it.

Last edited:

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Speaking of music docs, came across Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind, on Amazon Prime and thought it was very good. Must watch for any fan or his, that type of music, or music In general

8/10
Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed the story of the one take recording of "The Edmund Fitzgerald". Before viewing, I had no idea he was such a Canadian hero.

This is a really enjoyable doc.

Today is the 47th anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald .

Last edited:

facook

Footballguy
Anyone watching Shantaram on Apple?

It's set in 1980s Bombay. An Australian guy escapes prison back home and flees there. Not sure if it's based on a true story or not.

I'm six episodes in, and I'd say it's in the very good category.

As a bonus, the French actress that plays Karla may be the most stunning woman I've ever seen in my life.

I'll watch it eventually. It's based on a "true story" in that the author of the book turned his life story into a novel. Not sure how accurate the book was, so the show may be a few degrees of separation from the truth. However, I can't recommend the book highly enough. One of my all time favorite novels.

jamny

Footballguy
Holy ****.

"The Patient" on Hulu (Steve Carrel) is incredibly intense. It is up there in terms of quality and very powerful. It's dark, difficult, grim and heavy throughout, so I'm sure it'll be hit and miss for people, but I loved it.
I thought it was good but not great. My opinion was probably skewed by watching Dahmer at the same time.

jamny

Footballguy
Finished up the newest and last season of Derry Girls. Sad to see it end, I thought it was getting better and better. Funny show if you haven't seen it yet.

Also finished up the newest season of What We Do in The Shadows. The show has been kinda going downhill the past few seasons. Everybody just yells at each other now and Nadja has gotten very annoying. And I've never been a fan of Kristen Schaal. She's kind of a show killer, imo. Much like Carol Kane used to be. I was considering giving up on the show but will probably keep watching if it comes back.

BeTheMatch

Let it burn!
I think I'm tapping out on Handmaid's Tale. Probably would only watch next season if it was announced that will be its last.

Buckna

RMT Beta Tester
warrior nun season dos is out since I know you were all waiting take that to the bank brohans
Been looking forward to it, despite the terrible name it was a solid show. Fully expect Netflix to cancel it, they have been killing all of these good genre shows bromingo :sadbanana:

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

jamny

Footballguy
I think I'm tapping out on Handmaid's Tale. Probably would only watch next season if it was announced that will be its last.
I gave up when last season ended and didn't watch the new one. I actually thought this was the last but I guess not. It was a really good show for the first few seasons.

The Gator

Hey, watch this!
inside man on netflix, skip it. good actors but such a terrible main story line. a waste of 4 hours i’ll never get back
I almost turned it off 30 minutes in, so far glad I didn't and we're through two episodes. . It's not perfect, but I kinda dig what's going on. Just showing how anyone at anytime can be a murderer. or make dumb decisions. Just need to meet the right person on the wrong day....or something like that.

I've sat through worse unless this really goes off the rails lol

Bozeman Bruiser

Footballguy
Tulsa King premiere was last night and it was entertaining enough that I am in for the season.

Some pretty funny but predictable fish out of water (or recently released from prison mobster relocated to OK out of water) bits.

The reveal at the end will be interesting to see how they play it out.

Add Andrea Savage to the "attractive women pushing 50" thread if that is still around.

brun

Footballguy
inside man on netflix, skip it. good actors but such a terrible main story line. a waste of 4 hours i’ll never get back
I almost turned it off 30 minutes in, so far glad I didn't and we're through two episodes. . It's not perfect, but I kinda dig what's going on. Just showing how anyone at anytime can be a murderer. or make dumb decisions. Just need to meet the right person on the wrong day....or something like that.

I've sat through worse unless this really goes off the rails lol
Really didn't care much for some of the middle episodes but thought the season ended was fun to watch.

Capella

CAPELLODINHO
Started watching Oz. First few episodes seem like one of those scared straight specials they’d show you in school. Not the best acting I’ve ever seen.

PlayaHata

Footballguy
I know it's been mentioned in previous pages, but I'm getting caught up on White Lotus season 2 and am really enjoying it so far. From everything I read online, I must be in the minority that the only character I cannot stand is Jennifer Coolidge. I didn't like her in season 1 and I can't stand her in season 2 either. Just hearing her voice is irritating to me. However, I'm really digging pretty much all of the other characters and their stories. Mike White is an absolute master at slowly unfurling each character and their personalities, motivations, etc.

nirad3

Footballguy
I love The Peripheral so far. Great world building, character development, and sci fi.

I started watching Inside Man on Netflix having no idea what it was about but like Sherlpck and the actors. I had to shut it off half way through the first episode. Talk about one dumb decision after another. I can't watch a show with such stupid characters.

I'm two episodes in. Nice blend of Matrix-y type themes and good action. I am still kinda confused at some things but hope they'll just tie up loose ends as it progresses. Will watch two more tomorrow.

Nick Vermeil

Footballguy
I love The Peripheral so far. Great world building, character development, and sci fi.

I started watching Inside Man on Netflix having no idea what it was about but like Sherlpck and the actors. I had to shut it off half way through the first episode. Talk about one dumb decision after another. I can't watch a show with such stupid characters.

I'm two episodes in. Nice blend of Matrix-y type themes and good action. I am still kinda confused at some things but hope they'll just tie up loose ends as it progresses. Will watch two more tomorrow.
Peripheral is pretty good but I'm 4 in and have decided I have to watch the first episode again. Some things aren't adding up.

jobarules

Footballguy

Peripheral is pretty good but I'm 4 in and have decided I have to watch the first episode again. Some things aren't adding up.
I have to read episode guides after each episode but everything makes sense to me.

belljr

Footballguy
Mythic Quest started back up for anyone into it.

Well the first 2 episodes released. Not sure if all the rest release on the 18th or its weekly

On The Rocks

Evil Conservative
"The English" (Amaon Prime)
6 Episode Series
I have some mixed opinions on this, but overall, I thought it was really great! I had a lot going on while I had a couple of the episodes on, so I wasn't able to give it my full attention. It was good enough that I'm already looking forward to rewatching it and following along more closely.
Really great performances by the two lead characters.

An easy worthwhile binge.

Zow

Footballguy
Recently completed:

Unbelievable - if you can handle simulated rape scenes, this is a really good watch. I'm familiar with the true story and this series does a nice job sticking to it and the people involved. 7.8/10.

The Sinner season 4 - Obviously it's really hard for this show to top the outstanding first season with Jessica Biel. The 4th/most recent season was fine and interesting enough, and Pullman plays the character well, but this season (like the last one) focuses way too much and his character and his character's quirks. Further, the series is known for making things seem more bizarre (almost supernatural) than they seem only to reveal a pretty basic and plausible explanation for things - and I get that's this show's shtick - but there are some pretty annoying instances of red herrings in this season (e.g. women convulsing naked in the water at night) that were just left unaddressed. My wife and I were also pretty over it with like three episodes remaining and we wanted them to wrap it up sooner. 6.5/10.

Zow

Footballguy
I'm like 4 episodes into Blockbuster. It's the show I watch in small chunks to fall asleep at night or while on the elliptical or whatever. It's fine for a light, mindless comedy.

The primary love interest, Melissa Fumero, is super hot and adorable but this show now has been self-conscious as she's only a year older than me in real life and, in the show, she has a ****ing kid in college.

Zow

Footballguy

I have to read episode guides after each episode but everything makes sense to me.
Yeah... I watched the first episode on an edible... you're saying not to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread