What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

I'm on the fourth season of Letterkenny. It's been a while since I've seen a show that made me laugh this much.
Funniest show I've ever seen.
To be fair.
I had never heard of this show. Watched a few minutes yesterday and had to turn it off because I was laughing so hard my wife got mad at me.
The long philosophical discussions in front of the produce stand are particularly hilarious.
Back to chorin'.

The girl hockey players trading barbs might be one of my favorite scenes ever

Also Jean-Jacques François Jacques Jean :lmao:

God that whole show is gold…
I had an unnatural affection for Tanis.

I'm on the fourth season of Letterkenny. It's been a while since I've seen a show that made me laugh this much.
To be fair.
I had never heard of this show. Watched a few minutes yesterday and had to turn it off because I was laughing so hard my wife got mad at me.
The long philosophical discussions in front of the produce stand are particularly hilarious.
Back to chorin'.

My ranking is:
1: Katy
2a, b and c: Tanis, Bonnie McMurray and Mrs McMurray.

To be fair.
Back to chorin'.

My ranking is:
Settle down, Squirrely Dan

Been watching Reacher* the last few evenings (through the first 5 episodes I think). Completely over the top ridiculous and cheesy, and the process by which the titled main character is initially held is absurdly unlawful, but it somehow executes the same rather well and I'm finding it surprisingly entertaining and a great choice for a watch when you want to turn your brain off. 7.8/10 so far.

*Usually after a few mgs of an edible to relax before bed.
Finished this after the Super Bowl last night. First half of the season was better but I don't regret finishing it. Just stupid, mindless fun and it remained pretty easy to get past the completely ridiculous plot devices and cheesiness. I also dug the blonde.

I'd probably watch a second season but won't be disappointed if there isn't one.

To be fair.
Back to chorin'.

She's in Reservation Dogs also (with cloven deer hooves).

Been watching Reacher* the last few evenings (through the first 5 episodes I think). Completely over the top ridiculous and cheesy, and the process by which the titled main character is initially held is absurdly unlawful, but it somehow executes the same rather well and I'm finding it surprisingly entertaining and a great choice for a watch when you want to turn your brain off. 7.8/10 so far.

*Usually after a few mgs of an edible to relax before bed.
Finished this after the Super Bowl last night. First half of the season was better but I don't regret finishing it. Just stupid, mindless fun and it remained pretty easy to get past the completely ridiculous plot devices and cheesiness. I also dug the blonde.

I'd probably watch a second season but won't be disappointed if there isn't one.
Fortunately there will be a second season coming out sometime this year.

Reactions: Zow
To be fair.
Back to chorin'.

She also has a great role in Reservation Dogs. And yeah.

To be fair.
Back to chorin'.

My ranking is:
Pump the brakes there.

They've tried twice now and both are a BIG swing and a miss..
First was the horrible "That 80's show" that lasted 1 season and that was 1 season too long.

Now they tried "That 90's show".. Not as bad as the first try.. Probably because Red and Kitty still produce a few :lol:

But the Kids are beyond dull .. We made it through 4 episodes and are done :kicksrock:
The kids are not just full, they’re terrible actors. Just brutal.

Just started watching Glitch last night. Don't recall seeing it mentioned in this thread. It's in the same genre as The Returned, where people that have long been passed away suddenly show up healthy. Only 2 episodes in so far, but much better than the US version of The Returned. It's set in Australia, so a bit of an accent to deal with. Only 2 seasons @ 6 episodes each. I'm sure I'll knock this one out in just a few days.

I'd recommend based on what I've seen so far.
Glitch was decent through both seasons. Doesn't quite hit the levels of the original Returned and it's a little lighter in feel. It appears to be headed for a third, which seems like one too many IMO- but I'll give it a go if they do. Similar feel to The Kettering Incident except that one could really use a second season.
Watched all 3 seasons and finished last week. Pretty good Australian show, great accents, some really good characters but sadly they're not fleshed out enough except for the 2 main characters (James and Kate) and a couple secondary characters (Kirstie, Charlie). Really, this could have been a much better show if they spent more time and money building the characters, and had 2 more episodes per season. Season 3 introduced too many characters and plotlines but was still quite watchable. Too many male characters playing very similar roles, offset by numerous female characters who were quite attractive.

Wife really liked it so we'll probably watch it again in a year or 2. I liked the show OK, and Kate and Kirstie.

To be fair.
Back to chorin'.

My ranking is:
Yeah. Oh hey! Look at you ground!

This
Loved The Bear, binge watched it all in 2 days. That being said the ending made absolutely no sense whatsoever and no matter how many explanations I read online I still feel the same way.
What do you mean? I didn't even realize there was controversy about the ending.
I dont know how to post spoilers but it made no sense. Not controversial. Ill post below...

SPOILERS FOR THE BEAR BELOW

They find the $300k Jimmy loaned his brother hidden in tomato cans. Why was the brother borrowing $300k only to hide them in tomato cans? But the bigger question is why is Carmy so ecstatic about finding the money to open a new restaurant? Last I checked, he would still owe Jimmy $300k.
This allows them to flesh this out in Season 2.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the continuation.

Man, this show has some great characters. Other than Shuke Oswalt I didn't recognize any of the actors in this. They are all incredible. I haven't liked a show's cast this much since The Wire.
Great show. Just finished it on the weekend. When looking up the cast I was surprised to see that Matty Matheson who plays Fak is actually a chef. The only character that doesn't do any cooking on the show.

Seeing a lot of Party Down revival reviews getting posted today; embargo must have lifted. Thought that it might be disappointing, but the reviews have been mostly positive.

Enough Party Down fans for its own thread? (Are we having fun yet?)

Last edited:
Full swing was released today on neflix, the docu series on the pga tour :popcon:
Saw that, wife wasn’t on board so not sure when I will get to it

My wife has been into all three of F1, tennis, and now this. She likes behind the scenes, personality-revealing stuff. I was surprised how much she's enjoyed them, and it's been a nice connecting point for us.

Mr. Drinks On Me
@Mr_DrinksOnMe
·
10h

The perfect movie doesn't exis..

free on Tubi, Crackle, Prime, Roku Channel
i watched it and it is horrifically bad and totally awesome take that to the bank brohans
yeah me too and ditto. Its a movie that knows its stoopid and leans into it big time. If you're looking for something to watch before bed that requires no thinking and you're just too lazy to care then this works. What can I say, I also watched Llamageddon.

For an animated show with no dialogue, it's incredible how good Primal is. Each episode is filled with emotion and tension. Only up to the 5th episode but that was just amazing.

Fincher confirms that Mindhunter will NOT be coming back after all. Netflix says it's too expensive. At this point, I honestly don't know why I even still have Netflix. Haven't watched it in months.

Fincher confirms that Mindhunter will NOT be coming back after all. Netflix says it's too expensive. At this point, I honestly don't know why I even still have Netflix. Haven't watched it in months.
Everything they make is "too expensive". Same BS was given for 1899. They're going to find people won't give anything they produce a chance. Then they'll be done.

Everything they make is "too expensive". Same BS was given for 1899. They're going to find people won't give anything they produce a chance. Then they'll be done.
They’re going to go the way of bravo and do all reality given time. Look at the success of shows like Love is Blind.

After a little break jumped back into For All Mankind and finished up the last season available (3).

What a terrific show. Highly recommended. On Apple TV+.

Anything a "must watch" on Showtime? Just added it for $2 more a month to my Paramount+ subscription. Because I really don't have enough to watch on YouTube TV, HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Peacock, Prime, Disney+, Apple TV+, The Criterion Channel, MLB.TV, or Paramount+ itself. 🤪

Californication, early seasons of Billions, first 4 seasons of Dexter were all good.
I haven't watched Californication. Is it a good series for any reason beyond the sex? Thanks.
I definitely remember some world class tatas. It‘s been awhile but I remember enjoying it in addition to that. If after a couple episodes you aren’t liking it you can move on I think as it’s all about the main guy sort of being an ***.

Last edited:
Californication, early seasons of Billions, first 4 seasons of Dexter were all good.
I haven't watched Californication. Is it a good series for any reason beyond the sex? Thanks.
I definitely remember some world class tatas. It‘s been awhile but I remember enjoying it I’m addition to that. If after a couple episodes you aren’t liking it you can move on I think as its all about the main guy sort of being an ***.
Thanks. I might try it out. I've always been a fan of breastesses and my wife is a David Duchovny fan.

Users who are viewing this thread